Pages: 1 ... 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 ... 469   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1628958 times)
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #3660 on: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 21:26:09 »

Oh I find the hatred of them a bit odd but then again I fucking hate AFC Wimbledon so who am I to judge
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #3661 on: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 21:36:11 »

Oh I find the hatred of them a bit odd but then again I fucking hate AFC Wimbledon so who am I to judge

Wait...So does this mean you LIKE McFranchise?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Abrahammer

Ignore
« Reply #3662 on: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 21:44:49 »

Wait...So does this mean you LIKE McFranchise?

Don’t really care either way about them anymore
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #3663 on: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 23:25:35 »

What's got your goat with AFC (Wimbledon not Bormuff) then?

'Incessant Nonsense'

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3664 on: Friday, October 5, 2018, 00:01:13 »

What I don't like about Bormuff, is that we should be playing them.  Always been a good away day... a regular traditional opponent. Now we're reduced to Cheltnum, FGR, and Yeovil, not the same. I would like to see a win at Whaddon Road, mind.
Abrahammer

Ignore
« Reply #3665 on: Friday, October 5, 2018, 07:58:19 »

Another case of the bitter jilted ex-girlfriend act for me. We get it, move on
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3666 on: Friday, October 5, 2018, 08:20:40 »

I hate AFC Wimbledon, Franchise, Bournemouth, Oxford and most weekends at 4:45, our lot too.
ahounsell

Ignore
« Reply #3667 on: Friday, October 5, 2018, 08:21:54 »

When they were in the Champ & 'spending their way to glory' I would bet they still spent a heck of a lot less than the majority of other teams in the division at that time. Granted their spend v turnover would have been completely disproportionate but so would ours have been under PDC in League 2 & the following season where we would probably have gone up if he'd stayed. It's all relative. Good luck to them. It's hardly the fans fault. We'd be fucking loving it if it was us.  

The season they got promoted from the Championship they lost over £40 million.

Howe is a very good manager who has done a great job there, plenty of other teams have spent loads without getting to where Bournemouth have. Actually his greatest achievement there was probably keeping them up in League 2 when they had a big points deduction.

It's has always been the case though that the whole thing is only sustainable as long as the owner continues to bankroll the club. If he pulls out they will be heading back down the leagues in a hurry.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #3668 on: Friday, October 5, 2018, 14:19:31 »

It's has always been the case though that the whole thing is only sustainable as long as the owner continues to bankroll the club. If he pulls out they will be heading back down the leagues in a hurry.

Which begs the question why in the current PL era and the 28th richest club in Europe (apparently) can't afford to move forward with a new stadium or pay down some of their long term debt.

You would think they might be hitting a high water mark in their history and they just want to sustain PL status now. When clubs think like that relegation eventuallycatches up with them.

Will be interesting to see if that happens do they go down the Burnley route and rebuild or a Pompey/Sunderland slide.

Sent from my HTC U11
ahounsell

Ignore
« Reply #3669 on: Friday, October 5, 2018, 17:14:13 »

Which begs the question why in the current PL era and the 28th richest club in Europe (apparently) can't afford to move forward with a new stadium or pay down some of their long term debt.

You would think they might be hitting a high water mark in their history and they just want to sustain PL status now. When clubs think like that relegation eventuallycatches up with them.

Will be interesting to see if that happens do they go down the Burnley route and rebuild or a Pompey/Sunderland slide.

Sent from my HTC U11

Indeed. This is the problem with the Premier League simply handing over £100 million plus to each club to spend it how they want. Everyone ends up spending it on transfer fees and wages because they assume everyone else will and if they are the odd ones out they wont be able to compete.

If would make more sense to give each club £50 million each (still way more than most clubs in the world) and make the other £1 billion per season available only for infrastructure (stadium / training ground etc...) ideally this would be available to all clubs not just PL.

You'd end up with much the same players, just on less ridiculous wages, and there would be tangible assets to show for the billions going into the game instead of the money just passing straight through.

This is one reason why the sale of Wembley is such a nonsense. There is more than enough money in the game to fund the grass roots by more than £600 million every season not just once. It just needs a proper structure in place to do it.

Will never happen though, obviously Sad
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3670 on: Friday, October 5, 2018, 17:41:02 »

Boscombe got lucky. We didn't.

Their manager has done very well but has a strange fixed rictus grin that is a bit disconcerting.

Look forward to competing with them again at L1 & L2 level in the future.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #3671 on: Friday, October 5, 2018, 23:48:52 »

maybe because they fucked over Kingstonian
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #3672 on: Saturday, October 6, 2018, 00:13:49 »

Another case of the bitter jilted ex-girlfriend act for me. We get it, move on

Fair one. I suppose if the boot was on our foot though and moved us to somewhere nice like the M5, like Stroud...I guess we'd probs be a bitter too.  Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #3673 on: Saturday, October 6, 2018, 00:46:43 »

maybe because they fucked over Kingstonian

I don't think you can blame AFC Wimbledon for wanting to have their own ground. A rather flippant response. If you want to blame anyone, blame the Khosla Family (who took all the ground lease money c£2.5m) or even Chelsea for not facilitating them. AFC at least gave them £1m to look for other options. That was a massive amount of money for Kingstonian. Didn't the Kingstonian chairman also say they'd provide free travel for fans while they played at Leatherhead?

The agreement was always AFC would play there until they found their own home. As I said, blame the Khosla for pocketing the Wimbledon lease money and Chelsea for refusing facilitation to stay.

'Incessant Nonsense'

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3674 on: Saturday, October 6, 2018, 12:22:24 »

Man Utd fans sending a petition to parliament to get Mourinho sacked - WTF?

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1027675/Man-Utd-fans-petition-Jose-Mourinho-sacked-Parliament
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 ... 469   Go Up
Print
Jump to: