Pages: 1 ... 241 242 243 [244] 245 246 247 ... 469   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1629079 times)
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #3645 on: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 19:38:13 »

I’d love it, love it if they went tits up.
You would worry they haven't got a lot to fall back on. They owe the Russian £33m and a US private equity fund £20m.

At least when Pompey went tits up, they had decent gates to keep them afloat. They can only get 12,000 now and if they did into the Championship.

We have all heard the 'well run club' mantra about Swansea, Stoke etc but it just takes one bad manager appointment to undo the good work.

Sent from my HTC U11
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #3646 on: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 19:55:50 »

I wouldn't want to see Bournemouth go tits up. It's seeing things like their progression that maintains my belief that it could still potentially happen to a club like ours again one day. So they took advantage of our financial situation to sign Matt Ritchie.......we would have happily signed their best player for a knock down fee given half the chance if the shoe was on the other foot back then. Eddie Howe has done a phenomenal job there.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #3647 on: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 20:11:30 »

I wouldn't want to see Bournemouth go tits up. It's seeing things like their progression that maintains my belief that it could still potentially happen to a club like ours again one day. So they took advantage of our financial situation to sign Matt Ritchie.......we would have happily signed their best player for a knock down fee given half the chance if the shoe was on the other foot back then. Eddie Howe has done a phenomenal job there.
There are a few certainties during a season on the TEF....knee jerk reactions, doom and gloom, ‘the games gone’, a DV ‘back to basics approach’ post after a poor run, moaning about the burgers, unfounded transfer speculation and without fail - bitter filled posts about Bournemouth and Eddie Howe.

Fair play to them - how we would love to have had the few seasons they have had recently, regardless of the circumstances. The majority of their Championship title winning squad started for them in League 1, not quite the Man City style spending a few make out.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #3648 on: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 20:15:08 »

Oldham struggling yet again.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45752949
Flashheart

« Reply #3649 on: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 20:17:09 »

Bitter? Too fucking right.

We get called cheats at every opportunity when we spend more than we have, despite others like Bournemouth doing it on a grander scale. It happened the last time we were in this league. Even that cunt Wilder had a pop at Oxford and it turned out they were running up more debt than we were. The same with Brentford(?)

Fair play? No. They cheated. Instead of getting called cheats, though, people say it's a fucking fairy tale.

I hope they end up in non-league.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #3650 on: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 20:20:58 »

I like Bournemouth. For no other reason than a guy on the turnstile accepted that a 29 year old mortally pissed beardy twat was under 16. Kerching
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #3651 on: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 20:23:29 »

We had them Chang, in the late 80s and early 90s. And look where we are now......

We got to the Premier League (2nd time around) fair and square on a low budget, selling our best players every year and replacing them with quality, cheap, alternatives. Ok, we didn't last long at the top, but I wouldn't swap the 10-odd years from the Macari era to the Hoddle era for anything else. And we did it on peanuts compared to what golden bollocks Howe has had to spend.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #3652 on: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 20:25:43 »

Bitter? Too fucking right.

We get called cheats at every opportunity when we spend more than we have, despite others like Bournemouth doing it on a grander scale. It happened the last time we were in this league. Even that cunt Wilder had a pop at Oxford and it turned out they were running up more debt than we were. The same with Brentford(?)

Fair play? No. They cheated. Instead of getting called cheats, though, people say it's a fucking fairy tale.

I hope they end up in non-league.
When they were in the Champ & 'spending their way to glory' I would bet they still spent a heck of a lot less than the majority of other teams in the division at that time. Granted their spend v turnover would have been completely disproportionate but so would ours have been under PDC in League 2 & the following season where we would probably have gone up if he'd stayed. It's all relative. Good luck to them. It's hardly the fans fault. We'd be fucking loving it if it was us.  

Flashheart

« Reply #3653 on: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 20:29:29 »

When they were in the Champ & 'spending their way to glory' I would bet they still spent a heck of a lot less than the majority of other teams in the division at that time. Granted their spend v turnover would have been completely disproportionate but so would ours have been under PDC in League 2 & the following season where we would probably have gone up if he'd stayed. It's all relative. Good luck to them. It's hardly the fans fault. We'd be fucking loving it if it was us.  

My point being that we get called cheats and they get called a fairy tale. I wouldn't care otherwise. Even some Bournemouth fans have the nerve to call us cheats.

Fuck them.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #3654 on: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 20:37:43 »

That's not true. We tried, admittedly, but failed because we were under a transfer embargo for much of the time. Bournemouth, somehow, got away with overspending.
Flashheart

« Reply #3655 on: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 20:41:42 »

We kept within the rules in L2. We were under an embargo because WE informed the FA/FL that we were close to going over. We 'overspent' but we did not cheat. Bournemouth did, and that barely gets a mention.

What a fucking fairytale.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #3656 on: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 21:10:32 »

My point being that we get called cheats and they get called a fairy tale. I wouldn't care otherwise. Even some Bournemouth fans have the nerve to call us cheats.

Fuck them.
I wouldn't worry about a few idiot Bournemouth fans, every club has them. My point was that even though they overspent their wage bill at the time would have been considerably less than the bulk of the teams in that division. I know the fairytale thing has been a long running joke on here but I still think Howe has done a cracking job there. I actually think he's pretty humble about it as well. I'm not gonna jump on the 'Lets hate Bournemouth bandwagon' just because it's the popular thing to do.

FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #3657 on: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 21:12:11 »

That's not true. We tried, admittedly, but failed because we were under a transfer embargo for much of the time. Bournemouth, somehow, got away with overspending.
What's not true?

FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #3658 on: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 21:15:20 »

We kept within the rules in L2. We were under an embargo because WE informed the FA/FL that we were close to going over. We 'overspent' but we did not cheat. Bournemouth did, and that barely gets a mention.

What a fucking fairytale.
This isn't a Swindon v Bournemouth thing for me. Just purely pointing out that I think they done excellently regardless of if they've overspent or not. I just don't seem to hate Bournemouth as much as a lot of people on here. It really isn't worth it.

Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #3659 on: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 21:18:50 »

3 of their regular back 4 for are from the league 1 days, fucking credit to Howe.  He hasn’t spent much in the grand scheme of things when taking a team from lower leagues to top tier.

Pages: 1 ... 241 242 243 [244] 245 246 247 ... 469   Go Up
Print
Jump to: