Pages: 1 ... 224 225 226 [227] 228 229 230 ... 472   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1641470 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #3390 on: Thursday, March 22, 2018, 14:26:59 »

Oh Lord thats appalling.

Trashy, plastic and a massive facade. Quite an apt shirt for a team with Las Vegas in it's name  Cheesy

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3391 on: Thursday, March 22, 2018, 14:32:53 »

Trashy, plastic and a massive facade. Quite an apt shirt for a team with Las Vegas in it's name  Cheesy
True, it still looks like something drawn by my 10 year old autistic nephew though Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #3392 on: Wednesday, March 28, 2018, 13:21:27 »

A maths professor has calculated it's likely to cost £773-60 to complete this year's Panini World Cup sticker book! Not counting 'swapsies', of course.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43566749
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3393 on: Wednesday, March 28, 2018, 14:18:43 »

A maths professor has calculated it's likely to cost £773-60 to complete this year's Panini World Cup sticker book! Not counting 'swapsies', of course.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43566749

Imagine what it will cost from 2026, when Infantino has got it expanded to 48 teams. I'm not sure this WC will be proper, but it might just about be... after this it will descend to farce.

Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #3394 on: Monday, April 2, 2018, 16:33:08 »

The football league writing to the Accrington owner after he said he gives the team £200 to buy a McDonald’s when they win. With it not being in the contracts they’ve asked him to explain himself.
Laughable
Maybe Power should give it a go.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43617974
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3395 on: Monday, April 2, 2018, 16:42:07 »

Surely the EFL should have more pressing issues?

Pathetic.

Hope the Accy chairman sends them a big mac container full of shir
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #3396 on: Monday, April 2, 2018, 16:54:40 »

I'd love the Accrington chairman as ours. Always seems to talk sense and not afraid to ruffle a few feathers. A bit envious of their league position as well.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3397 on: Monday, April 2, 2018, 18:02:56 »

Pathetic.

It is not a million miles away from what we got done for, but on a smaller scale.  HMRC might even take an interest.  Any payment in kind, if someone was to determine it was that, would have tax implications.  We just used brown paper bags with a few notes in rather than chicken nuggets.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3398 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2018, 09:20:40 »

It is not a million miles away from what we got done for, but on a smaller scale.  HMRC might even take an interest.  Any payment in kind, if someone was to determine it was that, would have tax implications.  We just used brown paper bags with a few notes in rather than chicken nuggets.

Is it a payment in kind though, on the same basis I have got royally rat arsed on various employers over the years when we have had a success, I assume that should all be declared via self assessment at least?

The HMRC are already stretched to buggery, before they also become part of the customs set up post Brexit, they having to investigate every employer for giving the staff a treat is going to take them wy beyond breaking point.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3399 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2018, 09:59:35 »

Just relegate the fuckers by two divisions or a hefty points deduction.

Anything that will enable us to move up a place.  Smiley

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3400 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2018, 12:23:17 »

Is it a payment in kind though, on the same basis I have got royally rat arsed on various employers over the years when we have had a success, I assume that should all be declared via self assessment at least?

The HMRC are already stretched to buggery, before they also become part of the customs set up post Brexit, they having to investigate every employer for giving the staff a treat is going to take them wy beyond breaking point.

Technically speaking it probably should be declared, even more so if it is regular, which it seems it is.  I'm being pedantic though, using it to compare to the crazy punishment we received for something every business probably has going on, let alone football clubs.  It does beg the question about player fitness though - Accrington are top despite eating burgers and getting smashed at a free bar all season :-)
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #3401 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2018, 18:45:27 »

Pathetic.

I must admit, my first thought was 'I wonder how close this is to what we were done for?' Probably something of nothing though.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #3402 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2018, 18:49:41 »

I guess if we had been giving our players bales of hay as bribes it would have been closer.

But we were giving them envelopes with cold hard cash in them, strikes me as a very different thing than buying them a burger when they win.

Most clubs feed their players at the training ground, does that have to be declared?
(albeit I guess they do that whether they win or not, unless it's steak if you win, SPAM if you don't)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3403 on: Thursday, April 5, 2018, 11:50:28 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43630062

We would probably get demoted three divisions if we did this.....
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #3404 on: Thursday, April 5, 2018, 12:45:25 »

With the Accy chairman, does it make any difference that he's (apparently) paid them out of his own cash rather than the club account? Or does it all fall into a grey area?
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 226 [227] 228 229 230 ... 472   Go Up
Print
Jump to: