Pages: 1 ... 221 222 223 [224] 225 226 227 ... 469   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1629172 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3345 on: Monday, March 12, 2018, 10:32:55 »

Greek club owner shows West Ham fans how to mount a serious pitch invasion

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43369490
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3346 on: Monday, March 12, 2018, 10:35:58 »

Indeed.
Hope Sky Sports get rid so I never have to listen to that awful droning Scouse accent of his.

Just read about this.... very unsavoury. A difficult call to make, but sacking is justified.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3347 on: Monday, March 12, 2018, 10:41:37 »

So after essentially being given a public funded stadium for next to nothing, are West Ham also not responsible for the stewarding and security during their games?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/furious-west-ham-owners-demand-12170447

Fucking hell, they are essentially the first nationalised football club then?

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3348 on: Monday, March 12, 2018, 10:55:35 »

So after essentially being given a public funded stadium for next to nothing, are West Ham also not responsible for the stewarding and security during their games?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/furious-west-ham-owners-demand-12170447

They're just following the very successful model established elsewhere in flogging off public assets for nothing - nationalise the risk, privatise the profits. It's worked very well for the banks, railways, utilities etc. Another brilliant triumph of Boris!
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #3349 on: Monday, March 12, 2018, 10:55:54 »

You're forgetting psg nationalised by Qatar in exchange for the world cup
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3350 on: Monday, March 12, 2018, 11:26:28 »

They're just following the very successful model established elsewhere in flogging off public assets for nothing - nationalise the risk, privatise the profits. It's worked very well for the banks, railways, utilities etc. Another brilliant triumph of Boris!

Fucking hell have you been kidnapped by Reg?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3351 on: Monday, March 12, 2018, 11:30:04 »

Fucking hell have you been kidnapped by Reg?
Cheesy True though
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3352 on: Monday, March 12, 2018, 14:05:36 »

Just read about this.... very unsavoury. A difficult call to make, but sacking is justified.

And a dangerous driving charge for the fucker driving along with his kid in the car filming it all.....

Not condoning Carragher in the slightest, but it never ceases to amaze me how many thick twats put up videos of themselves breaking the law when the lure of a few quid rears its head!

If you watch the footage she was asking him to stop, so two grown up fuckwits and the only one with any sense was the 15 year old girl.

Fucking hell this Carragher  and West Ham bollocks is bringing out the best self righteous nonsense from football supporters on social media today!
« Last Edit: Monday, March 12, 2018, 14:09:20 by horlock07 » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3353 on: Monday, March 12, 2018, 14:12:11 »

Quick, an 'ofendedning'... burn them
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3354 on: Monday, March 12, 2018, 15:29:11 »

And a dangerous driving charge for the fucker driving along with his kid in the car filming it all.....

Not condoning Carragher in the slightest, but it never ceases to amaze me how many thick twats put up videos of themselves breaking the law when the lure of a few quid rears its head!

If you watch the footage she was asking him to stop, so two grown up fuckwits and the only one with any sense was the 15 year old girl.

Fucking hell this Carragher  and West Ham bollocks is bringing out the best self righteous nonsense from football supporters on social media today!

I had the misfortune of reading some of the twitter comments below Carragher's apology.

It was just a load of pathetic Man U and Liverpool fans in a petty game of 'oneupmanship'.

I swear approximately 70% of the human race are just morons.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3355 on: Monday, March 12, 2018, 15:40:16 »

Nothing should detract from the fact, regardless of circumstances, that a young girl was on the receiving end of a face full of gob. Unpleasant in the extreme plus the associated health risk.

Sky have got rid of people before, just for comments made on air.
A quiet word and a slap on the wrist is not the answer in this case.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #3356 on: Monday, March 12, 2018, 17:02:00 »

Nothing should detract from the fact, regardless of circumstances, that a young girl was on the receiving end of a face full of gob. Unpleasant in the extreme plus the associated health risk.

Sky have got rid of people before, just for comments made on air.
A quiet word and a slap on the wrist is not the answer in this case.
They have also kept people on convicted of drink driving.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3357 on: Monday, March 12, 2018, 17:48:24 »

They have also kept people on convicted of drink driving.

Very true.
Dare I say it that Kirsty Gallagher might be of more "interest" to a Sky viewer than a Frank Mclintock or a Rodney Marsh.
And "veteran" Clare Tomlinson is no doubt grateful to be mainly tucked away on the late night SSN slots.

Gary Neville has spoken out in favour of "Carra" apparently.

#letskeepthiscliqueybullshitclubwhenwecovergamesgoing

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3358 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 10:28:20 »

I know you'll all be shocked by this but it turns out that not only are the Premier League and Football League's "owners and directors test" (formerly Fit and Proper Persons test) not worth the paper they're written on, but even when someone does actually manage to fail them, they're not enforced. I was shocked, shocked I tell you!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/mar/13/premier-league-blackpool-owen-oyston-fit-and-proper-person
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3359 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 11:06:59 »

I know you'll all be shocked by this but it turns out that not only are the Premier League and Football League's "owners and directors test" (formerly Fit and Proper Persons test) not worth the paper they're written on, but even when someone does actually manage to fail them, they're not enforced. I was shocked, shocked I tell you!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/mar/13/premier-league-blackpool-owen-oyston-fit-and-proper-person

Didn't Readings new owners fail to meet the PL test when trying to buy Hull and then shortly after pass the FL test to buy Hull....

Its nonsense...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39944390
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 223 [224] 225 226 227 ... 469   Go Up
Print
Jump to: