Pages: 1 ... 208 209 210 [211] 212 213 214 ... 469   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1629483 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #3150 on: Tuesday, November 14, 2017, 12:52:33 »

In two minds if this is wrong of not. Whilst he has a valid point, he shouldn't be questioning the manager.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5079455/Italy-s-World-Cup-dreams-die-Daniele-Rossi-raging.html?offset=83&max=100&jumpTo=comment-256602345#comment-256602345
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3151 on: Tuesday, November 14, 2017, 13:30:12 »

Hi pressure situation, wrong way to deal with it but one of those things blown out of proportion.

Barry Scott

« Reply #3152 on: Wednesday, November 22, 2017, 00:37:38 »

Chris Smalling’s comments on not being in the England squad. The level of arrogance from an incredibly limited footballer is hilarious.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42071986

Quote from: Chris Smalling
“I play for one of the biggest clubs and most successful managers in Jose [Mourinho]," he said.

"You don't play for one of the biggest clubs in the world for as long as I have and won most trophies bar the Champions League without being able to do everything that a top defender can do, be it playing or defending.

"Was I surprised? Yes."
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3153 on: Wednesday, November 22, 2017, 07:31:52 »

Wow, he's gone full Carragher
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3154 on: Wednesday, November 22, 2017, 09:15:26 »

Chris Smalling’s comments on not being in the England squad. The level of arrogance from an incredibly limited footballer is hilarious.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42071986

He has rather failed to even address the reason Southgate gave for not picking him in that interview, I suspect as deep down he knows his limitations. Must be sore when even your injured team mate (with a stupid face) gets picked above you  Cheesy
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #3155 on: Thursday, November 23, 2017, 20:36:56 »

Tony Cascarino said in the Times today he gets unfair criticism because he plays for Utd.

Just in case anyone didn't know already that almost everything Cascarino says is a load of shite.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Wilf Shergold

« Reply #3156 on: Friday, November 24, 2017, 11:24:10 »

Back to that Shearer-presented documentary about brain damage, did any of the older TEF-ers see the bit about Matt Tees and his wife? Heartbreaking, he has no knowledge now of his life as a legendary goalscorer, something like 150+ goals in 350-odd games. He was one of those lower league players who’d be in the Sunday paper goal scoring list week after week, which is how I knew of him, and loved wherever he played.

Saw this quote in the Grimsby Fishy forum:

“And remarkably he looked nothing like a professional footballer! Love this extract from McMenemy's book:

"I took a deep breath and entered the dressing room. I thought a sea mist had swept in. It wasn't unusual on the coast but in this case I looked toward the corner of the dressing room and saw one of my new players smoking a pipe. It turned out the player was Matt Tees. He was a Scot, a scrawny, skinny sort, a pipe-smoker who looked like a puff of wind would blow him over."

I know the word legend gets overused these days, but this man will forever be in our hearts - and deservedly so.”

Quite rightly known as ‘Sir Matt’ by Grimsby fans, in the style of Sir Don.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3157 on: Friday, November 24, 2017, 12:25:43 »

Back to that Shearer-presented documentary about brain damage, did any of the older TEF-ers see the bit about Matt Tees and his wife? Heartbreaking, he has no knowledge now of his life as a legendary goalscorer, something like 150+ goals in 350-odd games. He was one of those lower league players who’d be in the Sunday paper goal scoring list week after week, which is how I knew of him, and loved wherever he played.

Saw this quote in the Grimsby Fishy forum:

“And remarkably he looked nothing like a professional footballer! Love this extract from McMenemy's book:

"I took a deep breath and entered the dressing room. I thought a sea mist had swept in. It wasn't unusual on the coast but in this case I looked toward the corner of the dressing room and saw one of my new players smoking a pipe. It turned out the player was Matt Tees. He was a Scot, a scrawny, skinny sort, a pipe-smoker who looked like a puff of wind would blow him over."

I know the word legend gets overused these days, but this man will forever be in our hearts - and deservedly so.”

Quite rightly known as ‘Sir Matt’ by Grimsby fans, in the style of Sir Don.

I've never heard any Town fans say Sir Don. The Don yes.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3158 on: Friday, November 24, 2017, 12:33:37 »

Tony Cascarino said in the Times today he gets unfair criticism because he plays for Utd.

Just in case anyone didn't know already that almost everything Cascarino says is a load of shite.

Whats wrong with football?

People referring to Manchester United as just 'Utd' ignoring the plethora of other Uniteds in the game!

Apologies its a bug bear of mine, commentators often do it when Man U are even playing another team with Utd in their name.....
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #3159 on: Sunday, November 26, 2017, 16:51:25 »

All kicked off in the El Glosico yesterday. Some loud chanting and a smoke bomb from the Cheltenham boys!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3160 on: Thursday, November 30, 2017, 10:05:29 »

Hmmmm....

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/885820/Sam-Allardyce-stunning-Everton-contract-overtake-Zidane
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3161 on: Thursday, November 30, 2017, 11:11:05 »

Imagine having all that money to offer and then appointing Sam fucking Allardyce
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3162 on: Thursday, November 30, 2017, 11:35:25 »

TBF to Sam, Everton were paying Koeman £6 mill pa.  They spoke to him before and offered less...to use the Brexit zeitgeist, he told them "go whistle"

So 9 mill over 18 months is just their going rate. 
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3163 on: Thursday, November 30, 2017, 12:05:23 »

They spoke to him before and offered less...to use the Brexit zeitgeist, he told them "go whistle"

I thought that meant they would pay him £57bn???
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3164 on: Thursday, November 30, 2017, 13:10:53 »

He's a solid manager. Alleged dodgy past aside. Safe pair of hands.
Not sure what people's expectations of Everton are. Mid table with a chance of top 6 would be mine. He can surely achieve that.

If you are talking style of football, or his 'past' then yeah, maybe that's not so hot!
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 210 [211] 212 213 214 ... 469   Go Up
Print
Jump to: