Pages: 1 ... 207 208 209 [210] 211 212 213 ... 469   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1630016 times)
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #3135 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 18:42:23 »

Agreed..."I felt contact and went down"= CHEAT

Whilst I agree, and I do, refs are to blame here, too. They rarely give penalties if the player stays on his feet. It encourages diving when there's contact.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3136 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 19:17:01 »

fair comment
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3137 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 19:28:07 »

I disagree - most of them shouldn't be free kicks or penalties.  The game is supposed to allow contact, the only time a foul occurs is when a player illegally impedes another.  I'm not so sure a tap really does impede most human beings.  Even having your arm across used to be ok.  Unless you have enough physical contact to foul a player then it should be play on.  That of course will depend on the speed a player is travelling etc.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #3138 on: Tuesday, November 7, 2017, 08:32:37 »

The high court has found that Owen and Karl Oyston paid out nearly £27m to companies they owned in unsecured loans, operating an "illegitimate stripping" of the club after they reached the Premier League.

They now have to pay £10m to investor Belokon (who they effectively froze out) within 28 days and a further £21m going forward. Looks like there may be a light at the end of the tunnel for Blackpool fans, especially if this forces the Oystons' hand and makes them sell up.

Amazingly, BBC Sport has no mention of this on their home page, although there is a BBC news article covering it. This is a beter summary though:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/nov/06/oystons-blackpool-ordered-pay-shareholder-high-court-valeri-belokon
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3139 on: Tuesday, November 7, 2017, 11:24:29 »

The high court has found that Owen and Karl Oyston paid out nearly £27m to companies they owned in unsecured loans, operating an "illegitimate stripping" of the club after they reached the Premier League.

They now have to pay £10m to investor Belokon (who they effectively froze out) within 28 days and a further £21m going forward. Looks like there may be a light at the end of the tunnel for Blackpool fans, especially if this forces the Oystons' hand and makes them sell up.

Amazingly, BBC Sport has no mention of this on their home page, although there is a BBC news article covering it. This is a beter summary though:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/nov/06/oystons-blackpool-ordered-pay-shareholder-high-court-valeri-belokon

I guess good news for Blackpool fans, but it seems that the judgement concludes that stripping the funds from the club to the exclusion of Belokon was the misdemeanour, rather than to the exclusion of the fans.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3140 on: Tuesday, November 7, 2017, 11:44:53 »

I guess good news for Blackpool fans, but it seems that the judgement concludes that stripping the funds from the club to the exclusion of Belokon was the misdemeanour, rather than to the exclusion of the fans.

As it was a judgment on the facts of the case, which related to the stripping of funds to the detriment of Belokon the court could reach no other finding.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3141 on: Tuesday, November 7, 2017, 11:48:02 »

As it was a judgment on the facts of the case, which related to the stripping of funds to the detriment of Belokon the court could reach no other finding.

Indeed, but fans would see the wrong doing as stripping the money from the club, whereas it was in not giving the Latvian his share of the loot.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3142 on: Tuesday, November 7, 2017, 12:25:14 »

England deciding to schedule some friendlies against actually good teams in order to give the side a genuine test... and then almost the entire first team picking up mysterious two week injuries.

I for one look forward to Rickie Lambert and Peter Crouch getting England farewells against Germany.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3143 on: Tuesday, November 7, 2017, 12:51:32 »

Indeed, but fans would see the wrong doing as stripping the money from the club, whereas it was in not giving the Latvian his share of the loot.
I think you're getting confused between the wrong doing and the court judgement. One is a question of morality, the other a question of law. Although it seems Blackpool fans are hopeful the judgement will force the Oystons to sell up and all will be well. I hope they're right, I suspect they're likely to be further disappointed
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3144 on: Tuesday, November 7, 2017, 13:03:58 »

I think you're getting confused between the wrong doing and the court judgement. One is a question of morality, the other a question of law. Although it seems Blackpool fans are hopeful the judgement will force the Oystons to sell up and all will be well. I hope they're right, I suspect they're likely to be further disappointed

Not confused, just felt the need to point out, it may not be quite the good news that Blackpool fans hope.  On the other hand perhaps the Latvian's problems in Kyrgyzstan were  sure sign of his probity.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 7, 2017, 13:16:18 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #3145 on: Tuesday, November 7, 2017, 13:35:20 »

England deciding to schedule some friendlies against actually good teams in order to give the side a genuine test... and then almost the entire first team picking up mysterious two week injuries.

I for one look forward to Rickie Lambert and Peter Crouch getting England farewells against Germany.

Looks like a route back to the world cup for Wayne Rooney...

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3146 on: Tuesday, November 7, 2017, 13:39:23 »

Not confused, just felt the need to point out, it may not be quite the good news that Blackpool fans hope.
Fair enough, minded to agree with you there
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #3147 on: Tuesday, November 7, 2017, 14:49:47 »

Not confused, just felt the need to point out, it may not be quite the good news that Blackpool fans hope.  On the other hand perhaps the Latvian's problems in Kyrgyzstan were  sure sign of his probity.

Hard to know exactly how it will all end up, but for a fanbase that's resorted to boycotting the club entirely it's a glimmer of hope. Fan's attention is rightly now turning towards the EFL who have done their best to wipe their hands of the issue up to now.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3148 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2017, 11:58:46 »

Hard to know exactly how it will all end up, but for a fanbase that's resorted to boycotting the club entirely it's a glimmer of hope. Fan's attention is rightly now turning towards the EFL who have done their best to wipe their hands of the issue up to now.
If they're looking to the League for help, they're fucked
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #3149 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2017, 12:24:47 »

If they're looking to the League for help, they're fucked

Quite true. I think it's more an attempt to embarass the EFL than an expectation of help. Surprised they haven't taken more direct action to protest as yet, given that EFL HQ is based down the road in Preston. Unless I missed something...
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 209 [210] 211 212 213 ... 469   Go Up
Print
Jump to: