Pages: 1 ... 206 207 208 [209] 210 211 212 ... 469   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1629216 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3120 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 08:41:41 »

See the FA have made more complete fools of themselves than usual.  Miller of Carlisle gets the new retrospective diving ban, whereas the City fella on Saturday doesn't.

Dyche described it quite accurately thus.... "If I kicked my kid in the garden, I don't think he would fall like that, for him to get that high off the floor with his arms above his head is almost a skill in itself. I was quite impressed with how far he travelled."
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #3121 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 09:32:06 »

Disagree there Reg (not about the theatrics, he made a meal of it). There was contact on Silva, whereas Miller just plain cheated.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3122 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 09:40:15 »

Disagree there Reg (not about the theatrics, he made a meal of it). There was contact on Silva, whereas Miller just plain cheated.

I'm not saying that Miller didn't dive... but Silva did, therefore if the FA put this procedure in place they should apply it evenly.
Panda Paws

« Reply #3123 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 10:52:17 »

I'm not saying that Miller didn't dive... but Silva did, therefore if the FA put this procedure in place they should apply it evenly.

Silva 100% did not dive.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3124 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 11:15:47 »

Silva 100% did not dive.

Of course not... no player has dived in the Prem so far this season then. This should go over to what's right with football.
Panda Paws

« Reply #3125 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 11:39:51 »

Of course not... no player has dived in the Prem so far this season then. This should go over to what's right with football.

That's some serious jump in logic there.

There was definite contact on Silva. Silva was caught. Doesn't mean it was a foul, but does mean it's not a dive. In my book (and the FA's), that's not a dive. Fabricating contact is a dive.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3126 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 11:52:07 »

There was definite contact on Silva. Silva was caught. Doesn't mean it was a foul, but does mean it's not a dive. In my book (and the FA's), that's not a dive. Fabricating contact is a dive.

These fellas are good, they seek a minimal contact and then enhance it with theatrics, even Tails admits that. In my book that is simulation. It would be interesting to know if they are actively receiving coaching....
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #3127 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 12:05:39 »

Shane Long is a prime culprit, must have banana skins on his boots

I come from a land down-under
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3128 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 12:18:32 »

Fraud of a footballer, how he starts ahead of Austin is beyond me
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #3129 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 12:20:08 »

Would go alongside the question of how a guy that never scores has been a Premier Striker for so long!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3130 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 12:57:20 »

Would go alongside the question of how a guy that never scores has been a Premier Striker for so long!

There have been a few like that. Steven Fletcher probably made a decent living at the top level for not doing what he was paid to do.
I always wonder what players do in training, as some of the all round relative incompetence on display every week (as far as the basics of the game are concerned) in the EPL is staggering.
Aside from a handful of world class players, the league is made up of a core of PL journeymen who rattle around outside the top 6 or 7 clubs, amongst the survive at all costs also ran's that make up the rest of the league.

What's wrong with football? It's the players!

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3131 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 14:55:51 »

Fraud of a footballer, how he starts ahead of Austin is beyond me

He chases the ball no matter what, like any good puppy must do.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #3132 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 15:10:31 »

Not sure what the actual rules are, but for me it's a dive even when there's contact if said contact wouldn't have actually made you fall over. Of course, that's next to impossible to enforce.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3133 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 10:45:42 »

for me it's a dive even when there's contact if said contact wouldn't have actually made you fall over.
Completely agree. The whole point about a dive is that the player is deliberately exaggerating the extent of any (or no) contact to try and con the ref.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3134 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 10:46:32 »

Not sure what the actual rules are, but for me it's a dive even when there's contact if said contact wouldn't have actually made you fall over. Of course, that's next to impossible to enforce.

Agreed..."I felt contact and went down"= CHEAT
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 208 [209] 210 211 212 ... 469   Go Up
Print
Jump to: