Pages: 1 ... 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 ... 474   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1645065 times)
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #2145 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2016, 13:49:48 »

when Stoke can spend 18m on a porto player you know there might be a bit of a cash distribution problem..

When the next TV deal starts next season, that once the foreign deals are completed, the worst side in the PL will get a minimum £200m for the season, and the top 20 sides to get the most TV money will be the 20 Prem clubs.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #2146 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2016, 14:13:15 »

I feel like there is a little inequality in the football world which may just mirror the inequality in society.

We need a people's revolution. 

Im off to kick Cameron in the pig dummy.  That should start it.

Never knowingly overstated.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #2147 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2016, 14:20:32 »

I'm in.  It really is going to take something grass roots like that, as everyone in a position even remotely approaching power has their noses too far in the trough now.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #2148 on: Monday, February 15, 2016, 20:42:32 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35576677

Not so much for the action even just the tragic excuse

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Barry Scott

« Reply #2149 on: Monday, February 15, 2016, 20:49:19 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35576677

Not so much for the action even just the tragic excuse

I saw that earlier and laughed.

It just shows how incredibly thick the average footballer is to think he could come out with this hilarious excuse about somehow "pocket tweeting" a picture of a flash Merc (presumably after "pocket googling" the picture) and people would believe it.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #2150 on: Monday, February 15, 2016, 20:57:22 »

I saw that earlier and laughed. It just shows how incredibly thick the average footballer is to think he could come out with this hilarious excuse about somehow "pocket tweeting" a picture of a flash Merc, presumably after "pocket googling" the picture, and people would believe it.

His agent probably had to advise him on it, too.
"The 'I'm sorry for my actions' script hasn't been written yet! I'm still working on the 'our performances have not been good enough and I'm devastated we've been relegated' one!"

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #2151 on: Tuesday, February 16, 2016, 07:05:19 »

Personally, I'd have loved him to have come out with more shit back.

I know their performances have been fucking dire, but as fans we say "if they're going to give it out, they need to be able to take it too" - I think that applies the other way around too.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #2152 on: Tuesday, February 16, 2016, 09:07:18 »

From the bbc gossip page and from The Sun, so probably not true:

FA Cup replays could be scrapped with ties played in midweek, while League Cup semi-finals might be reduced to one leg in plans to reduce the number of games for top-flight clubs. (Sun)

Fuck off. Diddums about having to play games for their money

DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #2153 on: Tuesday, February 16, 2016, 09:21:40 »

FA Cup replays could be scrapped with ties played in midweek, while League Cup semi-finals might be reduced to one leg in plans to reduce the number of games for top-flight clubs. (Sun)

Would someone please think of the poor Premier League footballers!

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #2154 on: Tuesday, February 16, 2016, 12:43:32 »

Over the last 30 years the top division has reduced, the FA Cup has had it's replays reduced, and the number of League Cup games has been reduced to a one-off game, except for the semis, when the first couple of rounds used to be 2 legs, and the rest of the rounds used to have replays. The only competitions that actually have increased the number of games are in Europe, so wouldn't it be better to get the games in Europe back to 2 leg knockout format, and restrict the number of competitors, so the qualifying doesn't have to start in July.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #2155 on: Tuesday, February 16, 2016, 17:32:18 »

If they reduce the number of games it will just allow them to have more tours & friendly games
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #2156 on: Tuesday, February 16, 2016, 18:34:17 »

The Football League should lead a football revolution against the Premier League and the Champions League.

It should invite the Conference (as was) to be a new fourth division of a four division national professional league.
It should declare that no team relegated from the PL be allowed to join the FL, therefore setting the PL adrift.
Before the great schism occurs, the FL should invite any PL team to apply to join the new FL upon payment of a handy sum.
As the FA will probably have conniptions about the whole thing, the League Cup will take over from the FA Cup as the nation's premier knock-out cup competition.
Other leagues in Europe will follow suit and a traditional, knock-out European Cup will re-emerge with only the winners of the new National Football League Division 1 having the right to take part.

The PL and CL will soon become too boring and wither and die.

I have a dream...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2157 on: Tuesday, February 16, 2016, 19:20:22 »

that would be the football league shooting themselves in the foot.

the entire football league would wither and die, the premier league would happily carry on
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #2158 on: Tuesday, February 16, 2016, 19:30:10 »

Exactly, the PL probably wouldnt mind a closed shop scenario anyway.

There would only be one winner in a PL v FL battle and it would be quite one sided I suspect
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #2159 on: Tuesday, February 16, 2016, 21:59:06 »

If they reduce the number of games it will just allow them to have more tours & friendly games
This
They'd rather play exhibition tournaments in Asia, USA and North America than an FA Cup tie at Accrington, replay or not
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 ... 474   Go Up
Print
Jump to: