Pages: 1 ... 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 ... 469   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1629301 times)
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #1365 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 20:11:02 »

So when the Qatar WC is on will there be no Football League games as well as no PL games?

Correct.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
kerry red

« Reply #1366 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 20:14:30 »

That's going to fuck up a huge number of clubs' cashflow.

Anyway, the world will probably have gone to fuck by then - or I'll be rotting in the ground
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #1367 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 20:16:18 »

So when the Qatar WC is on will there be no Football League games as well as no PL games?

Should imagine lower league ones will be on unless you can postpone if have 3 internationals

Tho FIFA may pressurise for all games to be off so they don't lose viewers.
Not sure on time difference but doubt games would clash anyway
Flashheart

« Reply #1368 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 20:30:40 »

Shifting the WC to the winter would 'sort of' solve the climate issue.

So how are they going to deal with the alcohol bans, homophobia, misogyny.......... They can't just ignore these things like they are ignoring the slave labour and what not.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #1369 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 20:35:08 »

Should imagine lower league ones will be on unless you can postpone if have 3 internationals

Tho FIFA may pressurise for all games to be off so they don't lose viewers.
Not sure on time difference but doubt games would clash anyway

FIFA are the govening body of world football and they will insist that all professional football closes during the WC.

I believe Qatar are 3 hours ahead of us, so most of the games will kick off early afternoon/evening UK time.

BAZINGA !!

Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #1370 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 20:38:18 »

So how are they going to deal with the alcohol bans, homophobia, misogyny.......... They can't just ignore these things like they are ignoring the slave labour and what not.

Qatar will have to allow the stadia to sell alcohol of the 'FIFA approved beer', like Brazil had to do for last year, as their government has previously banned selling alcohol in stadia.

BAZINGA !!

Flashheart

« Reply #1371 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 20:47:48 »

Qatar will have to allow the stadia to sell alcohol of the 'FIFA approved beer', like Brazil had to do for last year, as their government has previously banned selling alcohol in stadia.

It's more the culture clash that I'm getting at.

One can buy alcohol and stuff in Qatar and women are not expected to wear a tent etc. But they are expected to behave 'moderately'.

Football fans (men and women), in a hot climate, having a laugh, watching football, behaving 'moderately'....... There's not a fucking chance of that happening. Clashes are inevitable.
kerry red

« Reply #1372 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 20:48:18 »

The way things are, who would really want to go to an Arab country for a high profile event.
Wilf Shergold

« Reply #1373 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 21:30:37 »

FIFA are the govening body of world football and they will insist that all professional football closes during the WC.

That's going to be a fun 5 or 6 weeks then, esp if England don't qualify which I would think is a fair shout the way things are.

Good opportunity to visit a few local non-league grounds then!
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #1374 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 22:02:52 »

Even with the general awfulness of FIFA, it's worth taking time to reflect that the next two world cups are taking place in a country which is currently invading a neighbour and threatening anyone else it feels like, and a country which is literally using slaves to build its stadia, leading to the death of thousands of human beings.

Mind boggling that this isn't losing them corporate support hand over fist. I get corruption, I really do, but I figured there might come a point where even Sepp went "You know what, I don't want to have to explain this one at the Pearly Gates, we'll give it to Australia".

And yet, the biggest outcry is likely to come from having to rearrange some domestic games. Annoying yes, but rather insignificant compared to literally killing people.

Hit the fucking nail on the head there, Nemo.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1375 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 22:45:28 »

Blatter ain't going to no Pearly Gates, that fucker's going straight to Hell.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #1376 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 22:48:25 »

Oh dear.....Premier league getting fucked over by a greater power.

Boots on the other foot after you fucked us all over in the early 90s.

I won't lose any sleep over it.

Clems Army!
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #1377 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 23:39:53 »

Even with the general awfulness of FIFA, it's worth taking time to reflect that the next two world cups are taking place in a country which is currently invading a neighbour and threatening anyone else it feels like, and a country which is literally using slaves to build its stadia, leading to the death of thousands of human beings.

Mind boggling that this isn't losing them corporate support hand over fist. I get corruption, I really do, but I figured there might come a point where even Sepp went "You know what, I don't want to have to explain this one at the Pearly Gates, we'll give it to Australia".

And yet, the biggest outcry is likely to come from having to rearrange some domestic games. Annoying yes, but rather insignificant compared to literally killing people.

It is rather shameful that of all the objections to Qatar 2022 - the deaths of 1000s of immigrant labour seems to have been relegated further down the list in terms of importance.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #1378 on: Thursday, February 26, 2015, 08:32:36 »

So, during 2022 world cup all domestic league matches will have to be postponed (probably) to prevent clashes. For what time frame? 8 weeks?

That means that the 2022-23 season will finish 8 weeks late.

To allow the players a reasonable recovery break and a reasonable pre season, the 2023-24 season start will need to be delayed by what, 6 weeks?

That means the 2023-24 season will finish 6 weeks late.

To allow the players a reasonable recovery break and a reasonable pre season, the 2024-25 season start  will need to be delayed by what, 4 weeks/

Etc.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1379 on: Thursday, February 26, 2015, 08:35:45 »

So, during 2022 world cup all domestic league matches will have to be postponed (probably) to prevent clashes. For what time frame? 8 weeks?

That means that the 2022-23 season will finish 8 weeks late.

To allow the players a reasonable recovery break and a reasonable pre season, the 2023-24 season start will need to be delayed by what, 6 weeks?

That means the 2023-24 season will finish 6 weeks late.

To allow the players a reasonable recovery break and a reasonable pre season, the 2024-25 season start  will need to be delayed by what, 4 weeks/

Etc.
This is probably fairly true, all it proves in the long run is that bribery and corruption works at FIFA.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 ... 469   Go Up
Print
Jump to: