Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 ... 469   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1629067 times)
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #1170 on: Saturday, December 13, 2014, 14:02:13 »

Because 90% of the teams at our level couldn't afford it

Hence why I said use some of the money from the CL to pay for it.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #1171 on: Saturday, December 13, 2014, 14:59:22 »

I'm not entirely sure that relatively meaningless games against Avranches (2nd in French ligue 3), or Cremonese (Italian Serie C) would draw crowds to the CG, or TV money to the lower leagues, or justify adding to a packed schedule.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #1172 on: Saturday, December 13, 2014, 16:24:11 »

I'm not entirely sure that relatively meaningless games against Avranches (2nd in French ligue 3), or Cremonese (Italian Serie C) would draw crowds to the CG, or TV money to the lower leagues, or justify adding to a packed schedule.

I wasn't being entirely serious, but that sentiment is pretty much the reason I have interest whatsoever in the CL or Europa.

What is the point of it?!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1173 on: Wednesday, December 17, 2014, 16:16:35 »

Not sure whether this is wrong or right, but she doesn't look like the normal problem supporter!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-30505809
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1174 on: Wednesday, December 17, 2014, 16:42:46 »

Not sure whether this is wrong or right, but she doesn't look like the normal problem supporter!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-30505809
I'd quite like to know what was in the background of the picture they appear to have got the junior intern to photoshop her photo out of! Looks like they've cut and paste her head onto someone else's shoulders.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1175 on: Wednesday, December 17, 2014, 17:18:03 »

Sky doing a poll on who will win the Bournemouth game tonight.

Fuck off
kerry red

« Reply #1176 on: Wednesday, December 17, 2014, 17:25:06 »

I'll go for Mansfield
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #1177 on: Wednesday, December 17, 2014, 18:19:27 »

Sky doing a poll on who will win the Bournemouth game tonight.

Fuck off

Indeed.  I really really hope they dont win.  The fucking circle jerk that will go on in the media if muff win will drown the majority of the country in jizz.

Never knowingly overstated.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #1178 on: Wednesday, December 17, 2014, 18:47:02 »

The fucking circle jerk that will go on in the media if muff win will drown the majority of the country in jizz.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this a line from 'The Taming of the Shrew'?

Smiley
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #1179 on: Wednesday, December 17, 2014, 19:34:50 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30509896

"I didn't want to use the word massive for finances but it is for a club like us," said Johnson, who managed Yeovil in their non-league days.
"You can't sell a player for a quarter of a million, or half a million, so you have to get it in other ways.

Err, yes you can.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1180 on: Wednesday, December 17, 2014, 19:46:20 »

Not if you buy the sort of players Johnson does, you can't Smiley
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1181 on: Wednesday, December 17, 2014, 19:50:15 »

What he means is that Yeovil can't sell a player worth that amount because their players are nowhere near the value of ours.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1182 on: Monday, December 29, 2014, 10:23:35 »

The new Crystal Palace manger being 8th favourite in the sack race.

Just goes to show how ephemeral being an employed football manager is these days, unless you are brilliant ( Fergie ) or have a weak board (Wenger) that is.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #1183 on: Friday, January 2, 2015, 14:42:38 »

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/37358/the-pace-of-change--preview

This made me laugh, quite a good summary of the premiership...

I also, as you may have noticed, don’t have a lot of time for the modern day Premier League. I like QPR being in it, because it’s eight fewer fixtures for me to write about, and seeing QPR front up Manchester City as they did in November is preferable to anything I saw in the Championship last season apart from Bobby Zamora’s goal and that Wigan semi-final. But the money, the wild kick off times, the ticket prices, the lack of competitiveness, the fact that a draw away from home is always a good result, the fact we never get a draw away from home, the fact that 14 of the 20 teams exist solely to stay in the division on nothing more, the fact that they all exit the cups early in order to achieve that…. Sigh.

Perhaps it’s just those fucking Thierry Henry adverts that are getting me down. “It’s impossible to talk about my career without talking about Sky, because it’s where I performed.” No, Thierry, you performed on the grass football pitch in front of the football supporters who paid their ticket money to go and watch you. “He’s going to add so much to what we’re doing here.” Really Jamie Redknapp? What are you doing here? Talking bland bollocks for the bits of time when there’s neither football nor adverts on?

I don’t know what’s more annoying... The festering turd of Aston Villa v Leicedster being shined up as a “Super Sunday” - about as Super as the Sunday I accidentally reversed over the neighbour’s pure bred cat - or the latest in a long line of Liverpool v Chelsea fixtures being billed as some sort of inter-galactic war to end all wars and bring peace to the universe. The deliberately bland interviews of Nigel Pearson and Paul Lambert, designed specifically to create no attention or coverage whatsoever, or the snide rudeness of Brendan Rodgers and Jose Mourinho being exploded for days, billed as some sort of terribly interesting “war of wards” that we’re all meant to follow and hang on and talk about at work and on the tube and in our sleep. “Oh Jose, have you seen what he’s said now? Have you? Have you though? He’s a card isn’t he, old Jose. Cor. Jose. Eh? Did you hear what he said? Did you? Jose.”

I hate the way the transfer window is billed as the most important thing, more important than the games themselves in fact, and yet it’s approached with such slapdash reporting standards - because it’s only football at the end of the day - that newspapers and television stations send out information they know to be false, often peddled by a single source trying to get his client a move. And I hate the way people lap it up... “Oooooh Saido Berahino’s going to Liverpool” you may say to me, if you wanted me to rip out your throat and show it to you. No he’s not, Saido Berahino’s agent is pitching for a better contract is what’s happening you fucking mouth breathing melt.

So, anyway, Chelsea are playing Spurs, which is all any of the bloody stay-at-home, non-attending, lard-arse, new-age football “fans” of this country give a shiny shite about this weekend. There are other games taking place, Louis Van Gaal v Mark Hughes for example if they can fit their bloody egos in the same ground at the same time, but frankly if you’re that desperate to know who’s playing who you won’t be looking for it here and I’d like to step away from my desk now so there it is.

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1184 on: Friday, January 2, 2015, 15:03:57 »

Love it  Clap
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 ... 469   Go Up
Print
Jump to: