Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 ... 469   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1628915 times)
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #1020 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 21:36:34 »

You can't just leave it there Dalai Lama, what happened then?? Hmmm

My memory is of it going a bit quiet and a lot of people turning to look at me, while my mates looked a little nervous. Then there being a bit of generally positive muttering amongst the crowd around us and we relaxed a bit.

The tossers down the bottom sort of calmed down for the rest of the game at least.

..never go back.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1021 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 21:55:26 »

My memory is of it going a bit quiet and a lot of people turning to look at me, while my mates looked a little nervous. Then there being a bit of generally positive muttering amongst the crowd around us and we relaxed a bit.

The tossers down the bottom sort of calmed down for the rest of the game at least.
That's generally how those kinds of situations play out. Fair play for saying something. I try to avoid confrontation wherever possible and you have to have a certain amount of tolerance. Equally though, I have a line in my head in terms of acceptable behaviour and I will react if that line is crossed. I think I would have reacted in the same way as you did.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #1022 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 22:49:22 »

My nephew will be 7 in a few months, getting to the age where we could enjoy a day out at the football. His dad is a Wednesday fan (from Sheffield), but happy for him to support his local team like we both have. It's not affordable though, is it?
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #1023 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 23:47:33 »

Might be a lot wrong with football, but at least we don't have high ranking officials saying on the day someone is convicted of manslaughter that they'll be welcome back with open arms to compete at the highest level once they've been released form prison.
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #1024 on: Saturday, September 13, 2014, 06:50:10 »

My nephew will be 7 in a few months, getting to the age where we could enjoy a day out at the football. His dad is a Wednesday fan (from Sheffield), but happy for him to support his local team like we both have. It's not affordable though, is it?

I think that under 10s can join the Junior Reds for £25 and then get into matches free.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1025 on: Saturday, September 13, 2014, 08:13:48 »

Might be a lot wrong with football, but at least we don't have high ranking officials saying on the day someone is convicted of manslaughter that they'll be welcome back with open arms to compete at the highest level once they've been released form prison.
There's no need to, when they know full well clubs will welcome them back with open arms. In some cases before they've even been released from prison.
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 13, 2014, 08:17:16 by pauld » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1026 on: Saturday, September 13, 2014, 08:21:05 »

I think that under 10s can join the Junior Reds for £25 and then get into matches free.
They can, but then they need to either get a season ticket (for free) or if they're going to match by match they need to book their ticket a day in advance. All of which slightly takes away from the likelihood that people who aren't Town fans (as in the case Ben mentioned) are going to say "Hey, I know what son, let's go to the football and see if you like it". And it doesn't help with the fact that the Dad would still have to pay well OTT for his ticket.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #1027 on: Saturday, September 13, 2014, 09:17:38 »

That's generally how those kinds of situations play out. Fair play for saying something. I try to avoid confrontation wherever possible and you have to have a certain amount of tolerance. Equally though, I have a line in my head in terms of acceptable behaviour and I will react if that line is crossed. I think I would have reacted in the same way as you did.

I'd like to pretend that it was a conscious decision to speak out bravely, but I just lost completely lost my rag for a few minutes.

..never go back.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #1028 on: Thursday, September 18, 2014, 20:33:33 »

A watch? £16k !! Really Greg, you didn't think FIFA would give out £20 watches...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29257077

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #1029 on: Friday, September 19, 2014, 08:05:39 »

disgusting in this day and age of football.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1030 on: Friday, September 19, 2014, 08:16:12 »

I'm always amazed how much trouble people are prepared to go to, to look like a total moron.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1031 on: Friday, September 19, 2014, 08:20:40 »

disgusting in this day and age of football.

I was going to say that pic must be from Partizan v Spurs last night...which I can now see when pressing quote.

Daresay Partizan fans have plenty of previous, and get the usual UEFA finger wag and told to get on with it.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #1032 on: Friday, September 19, 2014, 09:33:16 »

The area Partizan comes from is of course one with a long history of complicity in helping organisations like the SS Death's Head squads.

You'd think the authorities would try and get the thing taken down, especially with the world's cameras on it and the fact that Spurs are a slightly more Jewish club than your average one. Disgusting.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #1033 on: Friday, September 19, 2014, 18:06:52 »

I think we can safely say that Platini is getting to replace Blatter when the time is right, working on all the skills needed to be FIFA president!

Platini will not return £16,000 watch http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29285817
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1034 on: Monday, September 22, 2014, 12:19:58 »

Perennial favourite in this category, Jorge Mendes:
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/22/-sp-jorge-mendes-agent-third-party-ownership-players
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 ... 469   Go Up
Print
Jump to: