Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 ... 469   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1630392 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #975 on: Thursday, September 4, 2014, 12:28:10 »

More people watched the bake off. Nearly double in fact. Christ.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #976 on: Thursday, September 4, 2014, 12:55:36 »

I watched the England game and it was pretty boring. Only Sterling really came out of the game with any credit. Rooney scored a penalty but he is a shadow of the player he used to be.

In bake off news, last week's episode was a cracker, when the Irish bloke brought the bin up to Mary and Jeremy Beadle it made me smile a bit.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #977 on: Thursday, September 4, 2014, 13:28:51 »

I thought Jeremy Beadle was Matthew Kelly
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #978 on: Thursday, September 4, 2014, 14:42:49 »

I thought Jeremy Beadle was Matthew Kelly

I think you mean Bill Oddie?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #979 on: Thursday, September 4, 2014, 14:55:25 »

I watched the England game and it was pretty boring. Only Sterling really came out of the game with any credit. Rooney scored a penalty but he is a shadow of the player he used to be.

In bake off news, last week's episode was a cracker, when the Irish bloke brought the bin up to Mary and Jeremy Beadle it made me smile a bit.

Hart made a decent save from Joshua King, who apparently is at Blackburn....I thought Beadle was dead....I know this as he liked a quiz did Jezza, so he kind of entered my orbit.
kerry red

« Reply #980 on: Thursday, September 4, 2014, 14:59:59 »

I thought he was a Dickens character
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #981 on: Thursday, September 4, 2014, 15:01:22 »

I thought he was a Dickens character

You're confusing him with Peter Beadle, who used to turn out for non-league Bristol Rovers.
kerry red

« Reply #982 on: Thursday, September 4, 2014, 15:04:21 »

I thought Bristol Rovers were a football club
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #983 on: Thursday, September 4, 2014, 18:13:33 »

I did. At least I don't know what the ingredients are going to be on Bake Off, whereas with an England match under Hodgson and with Rooney I know exactly what's going into it.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #984 on: Thursday, September 4, 2014, 18:28:17 »

I'm one of the few that watched the game. Was complete and utter bollocks, though it improved a lot when Rooney went off and Wellbeck came on. Don't have anything against Rooney but we simply have better options up front. Maybe he'd work ok in midfield, but we have better options there as well.

Kind of bizarre being captain of your club and country when there is a good chance you won't make the first eleven of either.
Baggins

Ignore
« Reply #985 on: Thursday, September 4, 2014, 19:26:20 »

I'm one of the few that watched the game. Was complete and utter bollocks, though it improved a lot when Rooney went off and Wellbeck came on. Don't have anything against Rooney but we simply have better options up front. Maybe he'd work ok in midfield, but we have better options there as well.

Kind of bizarre being captain of your club and country when there is a good chance you won't make the first eleven of either.

I didn't think it was that bad, although I agree about Rooney.  I thought it looked like a bunch of promising young players, not world beaters, that were crying out for a couple of top class players to show them the way - which is what we are lacking.  Our young players are going to have to learn without that guidance, because we have nobody like that. 

I also thought we had a much better shape when we went to the diamond, with Sterling at the front.  He is wasted out wide - he makes things happen through the middle.  With him in behind Sturridge and Welbeck we look dangerous.  Henderson at the back of the diamond will grow in to the role - there is a good player there.  If we can create a couple of good players to play on either side of that diamond from Wilshere, O-C, Delph, Colback, or AN Other, then that will help.  Defensively - we are terrible.  Hopefully Chambers and Stones will help, but if our future defence is built on Phil Jones, Gary Cahill and Chris Smalling, then we are in trouble. 

And yes - I am obviously one of those who do still care about the national team.  As you all would, if we were good and won a world cup. 
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #986 on: Thursday, September 4, 2014, 21:48:06 »

I still care about the national team, I'm just apathetic towards them at the moment because they have yet to learn the lessons of the last few years and keep choosing players who are not the best at their role.

Some could say the reason they pick players like Rooney et al is because they sell more shirts. The same people could also then mention how instead of lowering prices/giving out free tickets to schools/youth groups because of the lack of tickets sold (and therefore the shit atmosphere) at Wembley, they decided to stick with the overpriced costing for a friendly that no-one gives a shit about, proving that the FA cares more about the dosh rolling in than the actual football being served up to its customers.

I'm not one of those, mind you, but you can see why people would be.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #987 on: Friday, September 5, 2014, 13:33:27 »

Tbf, don't know that ticket prices were THAT big a problem - £60 for a family of four isn't that bad, if cost was a deterrent anywhere it'd be the cost of getting there/eating in London etc etc as much as the tickets. But let's be honest, it's more the general "meh" surrounding England at the moment, plus the not terribly inspiring opposition (sorry, sonic)
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #988 on: Sunday, September 7, 2014, 16:55:56 »

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9459793/michel-platini-warns-franck-ribery-he-could-be-punished-if-he-rejects-france-call
Flashheart

« Reply #989 on: Sunday, September 7, 2014, 17:15:52 »

I read that earlier. That's just all sorts of wrong.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 ... 469   Go Up
Print
Jump to: