Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 ... 469   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1629751 times)
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #960 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 08:56:44 »

the reason I will never purchase sky, they've fucked football. But little old me not buying makes no difference to them

As always the crucial thing is numbers to make the difference. But you're not on your own, I don't subscribe to Sky either for largely the same reason.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #961 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 12:25:51 »

If all the people who complain about Sky didn't purchase their products, then there wouldn't be an issue with them, would there?
I don't.
I quite like the transfer deadline day coverage.
Booo! Burn the witch!
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #962 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 15:16:24 »

Can we start our own spunked / spent threads to keep up with transfer deadline day.

I nominate 12 mill for Shane long straight into the spunked thread.

Never knowingly overstated.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #963 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 16:12:37 »

Quite, I've said it before but I hate the way they bellow the total amount spent on players in that particular window. It's presented as if it's something we should be impressed by. To be honest I look at the total, fall out of love with the game a bit more and wonder how many children's cancer wards that figure could fund.

Whenever they pit up that figure, I think of the millions being paid to football's parasites...the agent's. The amounts some pick up in 'fees' is absolutely disgusting.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #964 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 16:33:38 »

Not accepting it at all, in fact I haven't seen it, just think that of all the many things Sky's malign influence has fucked up in English football (and looking at Murdoch's empire generally, English life), making a "thing" of transfer deadline day isn't that high up the list. It would be a thing whether or not Sky hyped it up, as all the other media would make a huge deal out of it as well. The obscene amounts being spent, on both players and wages, is another matter

You can't blame Sky for the amount of money spent on transfer fees and wages. They might give the money to the clubs but they don't hold a gun to the Chairmen's heads and force them to piss it all away on players.

Besides the fans are just as much to blame. How many were complaining when PDC was doing the same with Black's money?
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #965 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 18:30:09 »

The programme on Sky 'The Fall & Rise of Leicester City'. Why?

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #966 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 19:03:15 »

The programme on Sky 'The Fall & Rise of Leicester City'. Why?

Cos they are newcomers to skys the FAs the premier league
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #967 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 20:40:22 »

You can't blame Sky for the amount of money spent on transfer fees and wages. They might give the money to the clubs but they don't hold a gun to the Chairmen's heads and force them to piss it all away on players.

Besides the fans are just as much to blame. How many were complaining when PDC was doing the same with Black's money?
It was pretty obvious to me (as it should have been to anyone) that Di Canio's 'Revolving Door' player recruitment policy was unsustainable and would end in tears sooner rather than later. However, if I'd tried voicing my concerns to Jeremy Wray I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have returned my calls. Even if he had, I seriously doubt that he would have heeded my warnings

So in that particular instance (or any other for that matter), I don't see how the fans were to blame or what they could have done.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #968 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 20:49:18 »

You can say that about any club that spends more than they bring in. Which is probably the majority of the clubs.

It's sustainable as long as the backer stays committed.

I don't see anyone was to blame really, aside from the overspend/transfer embargo. Black wasn't committed anymore, that's all.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #969 on: Tuesday, September 2, 2014, 17:46:02 »

See that Rushden and Diamonds old ground Nene Park, is to be knocked down and turned into a retail park.

http://www.northampton-news-hp.co.uk/home-Rushden-Diamonds-Nene-Park-set-demolished/story-22863574-detail/story.html

What a waste, remember going there one Boxing Day, when we were terrible and lost 2-0, lucky to get nil.  Tidy little modern ground...in a good setting, with community facilities etc....the largesse of Max Griggs.

Also went there for a big national quiz once out of season, and we had the run of the hospitality, again very good stuff.

Sort of thing on a slightly larger scale that we need.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #970 on: Tuesday, September 2, 2014, 20:01:21 »

Shame its not flat-pack so we can poach the fancy end for use at the County Ground.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #971 on: Tuesday, September 2, 2014, 20:07:55 »

It was pretty obvious to me (as it should have been to anyone) that Di Canio's 'Revolving Door' player recruitment policy was unsustainable and would end in tears sooner rather than later. However, if I'd tried voicing my concerns to Jeremy Wray I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have returned my calls. Even if he had, I seriously doubt that he would have heeded my warnings

So in that particular instance (or any other for that matter), I don't see how the fans were to blame or what they could have done.

Thing is I didn't care, I was bored following the same old crap at a swindon.
From day one I was ecstatic about the appointment of PDC. Sure it was going to be a time bomb but it was a fantastic ride. Every home and away game an experience.
Black put up the pounds, there was a budget and PDC was allowed to spend.
Tell you now who knows where it could have ended the championship for sure if only Black would have kept the roller coaster going for a little longer.
No regrets from me whatsoever.
A new dawn and era now and have to say exceeding my expectations.
Just wish a few more would return to the CG as the atmosphere is a little stale.
Many Chapters in my long history following Swindon and the PDC era up there with the best of them.
Far more worst.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #972 on: Thursday, September 4, 2014, 12:04:06 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29056885

Talk like that will pack them in. I don't mind Hodgson but you put lipstick on a pig, its still a pig.
kerry red

« Reply #973 on: Thursday, September 4, 2014, 12:14:55 »

Fuck me, it's not up to the opponents to excite the fans, it's supposed to be our own team.

I watched the game last night and it seems that no matter who the manager or playing personnel are it's just more of the same turgid crap we've been dished up for donkey's years
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #974 on: Thursday, September 4, 2014, 12:23:02 »

Was there a game last night?   Huh?
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 ... 469   Go Up
Print
Jump to: