Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 469   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1628867 times)
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #525 on: Thursday, January 30, 2014, 23:58:19 »

Man City paying £639,000 per day on wages during the 2012-2013 season, that is £233,235,000 for the season. But that does include all of the staff pay offs for Mancini & his team.
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #526 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2014, 07:37:20 »

Uefa insists that top flight clubs can not play on the same night as champions league games. Obviously it's the choice of the consumer if you want to watch champions league or not. Why force a premier league club to move a game because of it.

The rule only came to light reading that Hull v Brighton Fa cup reply has to be on a Monday.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #527 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2014, 13:17:16 »

Uefa insists that top flight clubs can not play on the same night as champions league games. Obviously it's the choice of the consumer if you want to watch champions league or not. Why force a premier league club to move a game because of it.

The rule only came to light reading that Hull v Brighton Fa cup reply has to be on a Monday.

They've been doing it for years. UEFA have been holding back money from English clubs as FL games are played on CL nights.

Pathetic.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #528 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2014, 21:17:26 »

Lescott comes on for Kolarov during the Man City vs Barcelona game and immediately doubles the number of English participants out on the field.  I know that this wasn't even new news 15 years ago, but it still doesn't sit right with me.  That game just feels like one load of foreign players playing another load of foreign players.  In Manchester.

The English dimension to it is pretty flimsy at best.  I used to remember a time when I used to will English clubs on in Europe, but can't really see the point now.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #529 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2014, 22:09:03 »

Lescott comes on for Kolarov during the Man City vs Barcelona game and immediately doubles the number of English participants out on the field.  I know that this wasn't even new news 15 years ago, but it still doesn't sit right with me.  That game just feels like one load of foreign players playing another load of foreign players.  In Manchester.

The English dimension to it is pretty flimsy at best.  I used to remember a time when I used to will English clubs on in Europe, but can't really see the point now.

Maybe losing parochialism is a good thing....find other reasons for favouring a club.

At least the game did pass Smeeton's 3rd rule, which is for any televised game, there should be at least some STFC connection, whether on pitch, sidelines, com box, or studio.
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #530 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2014, 07:15:02 »

Maybe losing parochialism is a good thing....find other reasons for favouring a club.

At least the game did pass Smeeton's 3rd rule, which is for any televised game, there should be at least some STFC connection, whether on pitch, sidelines, com box, or studio.
Brian Marwood?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #531 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2014, 09:54:27 »

James Milner I presume?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #532 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2014, 11:41:39 »

I guess Milner was on the bench...but I was thinking more of Brian Kidd, who was briefly a cone carrier at the CG.  Marwood is a goodie, hadn't thought of him...

Tonight's game will be a struggle....Arsenal are usually covered by Walcott....hopefully Glenn will be on punditry.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 19, 2014, 11:43:58 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #533 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2014, 13:50:53 »

I guess Milner was on the bench...but I was thinking more of Brian Kidd, who was briefly a cone carrier at the CG.  Marwood is a goodie, hadn't thought of him...

Tonight's game will be a struggle....Arsenal are usually covered by Walcott....hopefully Glenn will be on punditry.

When was Brian Kidd out here?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #534 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2014, 13:53:42 »

When was Brian Kidd out here?
Back as assistant under Macari for a little bit.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #535 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2014, 14:00:53 »

I guess Milner was on the bench...but I was thinking more of Brian Kidd, who was briefly a cone carrier at the CG.  Marwood is a goodie, hadn't thought of him...

Ribery looks like most of the women in Swindon.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #536 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2014, 14:13:54 »

Refereeing.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #537 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2014, 14:52:33 »

Ribery looks like most of the women in Swindon.

There are many things that can held against Swindon....but the quality, diversity and willingness of its women folk isn't one of them....
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #538 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2014, 17:06:23 »

Well said Reg.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #539 on: Saturday, February 22, 2014, 20:46:48 »

Refereeing.

With reference to a particular game? The Man City ref the other night was quite liberal.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 469   Go Up
Print
Jump to: