Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 469   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1629217 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Friday, February 22, 2013, 11:17:22 »

How can they deduct points for this?

By they I take it you mean the Football League, which is run by and for the benefit of the clubs. The clubs choose who runs it and have a say in the TV deals that are agree. If they don't like the deal they shouldn't have agreed to it. If a club doesn't keep to the deal why should they benefit from it without penalty the same as clubs that do keep to it.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Friday, February 22, 2013, 22:07:45 »

Janaageisgod may have a story to tell here...

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 12:35:38 »

This

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21604568

Could have been a lot worse than Jed and Co chums...

Here's an owner that really understands football

Tan referred to the dissenting voices as "a bunch of mostly young kids" and argued a change was long overdue.
"Have they achieved any success under this bluebirds brand?," he asked "So why do we hold onto something that hasn't achieved much success?"
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 13:33:09 »

Ive just booked parking at the ricoh arena for saturday.  Booking parking in advance.  Thats a sign of whats wrong with football and Im doing it.  So Im whats wrong with football.

Never knowingly overstated.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #184 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 13:42:33 »

This

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21604568

Could have been a lot worse than Jed and Co chums...

Here's an owner that really understands football

I'd be alright with re-branding us red and calling ourselves the Swindon Spartans.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 13:56:48 »

Ive just booked parking at the ricoh arena for saturday.  Booking parking in advance.  Thats a sign of whats wrong with football and Im doing it.  So Im whats wrong with football.

Haha I considered that.

Then I snapped out of it and will stick with the tried and tested method of turning up and looking for some industrial estate to park in
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 17:10:19 »

Yeah because that queueing up for an hour behind 300 cars with their drivers all inching forward until they fumble for pound coins in front of a bloke in a shed was always the highlight of any awayday........?

..never go back.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Saturday, March 2, 2013, 19:11:03 »

FIFA.

If Qatar cannot hold the WC when they are supposed to, take it away from them. I believe this was always the plan to switch it to Winter. The air conditioned indoor stadiums was always bollocks.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 15:16:42 »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/mar/07/qpr-accounts-wage-bill-spending-spree

Wherever Redknapp goes, carnage ensues!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 15:24:48 »

In fairness, Mark Hughes has always been able to spend a fair bit, although Harry will have added to that.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 15:49:51 »

Having seen Mr Ferdinand's reaction to the ref on Tuesday, I reckon we should trial this (not to be broadcast, although I'd love to see just what shit refs get) and let someone issue bans for inappropriate behaviour.

On the flip side, however, I'd like to see ref's being more accountable and explaining why they made certain decisions.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 16:06:50 »

Would be fascinating in football but the barrier to live broadcast of swearing and verbal abuse from the current crop of top class 'professionals' in our game will be difficult to surmount for a long time yet. Even just a muted version would be good though for indicating what sort of view a referee gets of an incident, something often debated in post-match analysis.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 16:45:02 »

Would be fascinating in football but the barrier to live broadcast of swearing and verbal abuse from the current crop of top class 'professionals' in our game will be difficult to surmount for a long time yet. Even just a muted version would be good though for indicating what sort of view a referee gets of an incident, something often debated in post-match analysis.

Whenever I've seen the broadcasting of the ref's audio being broadcast discussed the consensus has always been that the swearing from players would end immediately - the top clubs would stop it as it would be far too damaging for their image and embarrassing. Though that's probably the main reason clubs would try and block it.

Would be a good move and could only be an improvement, should help reduce the abuse refs get as well.
Flashheart

« Reply #193 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 16:51:00 »

Whenever I've seen the broadcasting of the ref's audio being broadcast discussed the consensus has always been that the swearing from players would end immediately

Ha. Yeah, right.

Not a fucking chance.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 17:01:34 »

Try thinking it through before reaching a conclusion.

Having players swearing at each other and the referee broadcast all over the world (they'd never be able to bleep it all) to millions of people would be highly damaging to the image of the PL, the clubs and the players themselves.

Do you really think sponsors like Aon and Emirates would be happy for their logo to be on the shirts of players screaming out non-stop expletives? They'd be terminating their deals on the spot, losing clubs millions and millions.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 469   Go Up
Print
Jump to: