Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 469   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1628920 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Monday, January 21, 2013, 17:16:11 »

I was talking to a Brighton "fan" who lives in Bristol today. He's just had his first visit to the Amex stadium. He was telling me how great it was with the padded seats and spacious concourses. He was even raving about how the away fans area is colour coded to the away teams colours, TVs showing their teams players, goals, etc and the bar there serves the away teams local brew.

Whatever happened to giving the away team the shittest part of the ground with a drainpipe against a wall for a toilet and making it almost an intimidating, exciting experience venturing on to another teams turf ? If anything sums up what is wrong with football these days, this does.

Word...

I like being shoved into a shitty corner...makes the victory sweet and/or unites the fans in their misery..

Exeters dogshit terrace and 'write your name in piss' black wall urinal sums this up niceley.

Clems Army!
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Monday, January 21, 2013, 18:19:08 »

I was talking to a Brighton "fan" who lives in Bristol today. He's just had his first visit to the Amex stadium. He was telling me how great it was with the padded seats and spacious concourses. He was even raving about how the away fans area is colour coded to the away teams colours, TVs showing their teams players, goals, etc and the bar there serves the away teams local brew.

Whatever happened to giving the away team the shittest part of the ground with a drainpipe against a wall for a toilet and making it almost an intimidating, exciting experience venturing on to another teams turf ? If anything sums up what is wrong with football these days, this does.

I enjoy a shitty terrace as much as the next bloke, but that sounds great...I quite like Jennings beer, so I'll have to go and watch Carlisle play them!

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
DMR

« Reply #137 on: Monday, January 21, 2013, 18:42:24 »

This thread can be summed up quite easily.

What is wrong with football? Its a game run by corrupt cunts, played by cheating braindead cunts and those who follow it passionately tend to be sadcases with nothing better to do.

Give me cricket, golf, rugby, boxing or nigh on any other sport.

Yours,
A once passionate Town ST holder who got bored and grew out of it.
dave_bambers_right_sock

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Monday, January 21, 2013, 18:44:32 »

What is wrong with football? Its a game run by corrupt cunts, played by cheating braindead cunts and those who follow it passionately tend to be sadcases with nothing better to do.

Yours,

Have you gone off football by any chance?
DMR

« Reply #139 on: Monday, January 21, 2013, 18:46:25 »

What gave it away Smiley
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Monday, January 21, 2013, 18:51:38 »

Yours,

Although I am one of those sadcases I am inclined to agree with almost all of that.

Not sure if your argument is that it's run by corrupt cunts and played by braindead cunts that boxing is the best counterexample though!
Drakes Way

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 03:09:44 »

Very ordinary footballers earning more money in a week than the rest of us do in a decade.

That and diving.
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 06:45:11 »

Another good piece in the Guardian at the moment by Will Hutton.  I don't agree with everything he writes by any means, but think he makes some really good points here, particularly in relation to the comparison with German football.

Guardian: The beautiful game embodies everything that's bad about Britain

No surprise that Guardiola has gone to Bayern.  For so many reasons, I'd be a lot more confident about the future of German football than our own game.

It's not all rosy though over here. Lots of "crowd control" problems, specially in the lower leagues. This was from a recent Bundesliga game.

http://www.thelocal.de/sport/20130123-47495.html
dporter

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 08:32:47 »

It's not all rosy though over here. Lots of "crowd control" problems, specially in the lower leagues. This was from a recent Bundesliga game.

http://www.thelocal.de/sport/20130123-47495.html

Ooh, didn't realise it was such an issue over there. Hoping to go to a Hertha game in February, are they known for crowd trouble?
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 09:19:54 »

Ooh, didn't realise it was such an issue over there. Hoping to go to a Hertha game in February, are they known for crowd trouble?

There have been some lower league games in the last couple of years where police presence has been in the several 100's for crowds of a few thousand. These games are predominantly between teams in the former East Germany area. I don't follow the Bundesliga that closely, but as you can read in the article there is a background of flare-throwing etc. I don't think there is actually much trouble between fans in the Bundesliga, on many occasions I've seen groups of loud (often drunk) away fans here in Munich, but never seen any scrapping etc. The same when British teams come here, Chelsea last year for instance, thousands of fans from both sides on the streets but I never saw or heard of any trouble. (The Bayern fans were under shock, millions of euros expected income lost by the bars in Munich. Plenty of Schadenfreude  Smiley )

As long as your match isn't between Hertha and Union Berlin you should be ok. A lot of BL games are sold out, you've probably got your tickets sorted.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 22:10:32 »

You know something's gone wrong in football when even the ball-boys are rolling around like they've just been shot.

And when football players are kicking ball boys.

hobodan

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Thursday, January 24, 2013, 01:31:01 »

That ball boy deserved more than a kick in the ribs; he was blatantly lying on the ball to prevent Hazard from taking a quick throw in. I was under the impression a ball boy's job is to retrieve the ball for both teams?
If anything Swansea should be punished and the ball boy should be shot for his dramatics
Barry Scott

« Reply #147 on: Thursday, January 24, 2013, 06:53:34 »

That ball boy deserved more than a kick in the ribs; he was blatantly lying on the ball to prevent Hazard from taking a quick throw in. I was under the impression a ball boy's job is to retrieve the ball for both teams?
If anything Swansea should be punished and the ball boy should be shot for his dramatics

This.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Thursday, January 24, 2013, 07:31:37 »

it's a contact sport, he should be able to dust himself down and stop being a cunt

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Thursday, January 24, 2013, 08:24:45 »

The DFL over here making a fuss and bother about Bengalos (flares)/pyro and how they are such a problem - pathetic if you ask me.

No Hertha BSC are OK, I went there earlier in the year to watch my team and most of the time fans of both teams share the same entrance to the ground and can mingle freely

I come from a land down-under
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 469   Go Up
Print
Jump to: