Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 469   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1629114 times)
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2013, 20:08:46 »

Players have been pissing careers up the wall, since the beginning of football....money isn't really anything to do with it.

To put Michael Johnson into context as well, he really was meant to be the next big thing - a la Jack Wilshere. I remember the pundits purring over him, as did Eriksson. He looked like he had twice the time on the ball than anybody around him - so City paid him the earth (sadly the going rate for a top class player to be) and gave him a long term contract.

I had no idea about what had happened since. Perhaps he knows full well his career is over (before it really started) and just enjoyed life, courtesy of some bountiful oil supplies in the east. Can you blame him?

The joke is that on seeing he'd been released, I wondered (before seeing the Greggs ad photos of him) who'd go and grab a bargain. He makes Gareth Hall look an athlete. I think we should give him a miss!
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2013, 20:12:05 »

We saw how much weight Chris Martin lost under Paolo, I wonder what Johnson could achieve here?!

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2013, 20:17:11 »

Notice today that Watford have just signed a player from Udinese...........on a five and a half year contract Eek

Madness,i can see it going tits up there bringing in players on those kind of contracts.
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2013, 20:17:17 »

What's wrong with football? Players/officials harassing referees to get players sent off for a pretty tame one-footed tackle! Skip straight to 53 mins 20 secs to watch it all unfold!!

Steve Evans is such a twat. Glad we twatted them 6-0 over two games last season!

EDIT: also watch on as David 'believes he's Jesus' Prutton does absolutely nothing to stick up for his team-mates! All in it together eh lads! That's why i love McCormack, like an Irish bare-knuckle boxer fighting for his family's honour, he's straight in there everytime things get tasty!!

I can't watch that, even thinking about that game makes me feel cold again.

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2013, 20:25:20 »

Notice today that Watford have just signed a player from Udinese...........on a five and a half year contract Eek

Madness,i can see it going tits up there bringing in players on those kind of contracts.
Watford and Udinese share the same owners, so no doubt something dodgy going on there
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2013, 21:08:12 »

I can't watch that, even thinking about that game makes me feel cold again.
That's definitely the coldest I've ever been whilst watching a match.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2013, 21:22:34 »

I've just read another Guardian article about Johnson. I take back my defence of him - it sounds like he has managed to throw it away rather than it purely being injury.
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2013, 21:49:59 »

Sorry if it's already been said, but I think Kompany deserves some credit for this:

"No grudges against the referee, I understand the difficulty of the job,"

Regarding his (subsequently overturned) dismissal.  Although I guess this was whilst his appeal was pending so perhaps he *would* be more polite about it.

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
Barry Scott

« Reply #113 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2013, 22:23:07 »

We saw how much weight Chris Martin lost under Paolo, I wonder what Johnson could achieve here?!

A good 4-5 stone I reckon. Which going by Martin's weight loss, about 10 weeks under Paolo. Maybe he can pull his finger out, move down south and let Paolo get him back on track. If Paolo can't, no one can.

(Much of this is tongue in cheek, before someone thinks I'm making Paolo out to be a miracle worker and jumps down my throat!)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 15:39:50 »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/16/loic-remy-qpr-marseille-undisclosed

75k a week and he is likely to be playing Championship football next season.

Are QPR going to be the next Pompey?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 16:13:52 »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/16/loic-remy-qpr-marseille-undisclosed

75k a week and he is likely to be playing Championship football next season.

Are QPR going to be the next Pompey?

Apparently he has a relegatuion release clause where he can leave on a free shuold QPR get releaged.

Im amazed.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 16:47:40 »

Another good piece in the Guardian at the moment by Will Hutton.  I don't agree with everything he writes by any means, but think he makes some really good points here, particularly in relation to the comparison with German football.

Guardian: The beautiful game embodies everything that's bad about Britain

No surprise that Guardiola has gone to Bayern.  For so many reasons, I'd be a lot more confident about the future of German football than our own game.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 17:22:35 »

going back to Michael Johnson:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/michael-johnson-reveals-mental-health-problems-which-contributed-to-end-of-manchester-city-career-8453906.html
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 17:35:16 »

What's wrong with football? Simple. To many fuckwits with massive egos running the game and too many fuckwits willing to pander to them.
Oh and money. Lots and lots of money.

It's All Good..............
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 17:40:46 »

Another good piece in the Guardian at the moment by Will Hutton.  I don't agree with everything he writes by any means, but think he makes some really good points here, particularly in relation to the comparison with German football.

Guardian: The beautiful game embodies everything that's bad about Britain

No surprise that Guardiola has gone to Bayern.  For so many reasons, I'd be a lot more confident about the future of German football than our own game.

Guardiola wouldn't last 5 minutes in England, much too thin skinned...it'll be interesting to see how he gets on at Bayern.  It's good that things are bouyant in Germany, as we know how they react to a good recession.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 469   Go Up
Print
Jump to: