Pages: 1 ... 361 362 363 [364] 365 366 367 ... 469   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1629506 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5445 on: Tuesday, August 24, 2021, 10:21:06 »

this could go in many threads. But at least Barnet are communicating. soapy tit wank

https://barnetfc.com/a-message-from-our-chairman

and they lost 5-0

They had my full support before they inflicted 2,000 cans of Fosters on their fans....
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5446 on: Tuesday, August 24, 2021, 10:23:42 »

They had my full support before they inflicted 2,000 cans of Fosters on their fans....

haha - I was thinking something similar. I wonder what the 'chef' was like they employed that wasn't 'up to standard'. Surely he just has to flip a few burgers and fry some chips etc?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #5447 on: Tuesday, August 24, 2021, 11:53:55 »

Funniest bit is the Nice president trying to blame Payet for throwing the bottles back, he got absolutely smashed by one on the back so don't blame him for chucking it back. Too many seem to think players are robotic professionals and should ignore everything, they are paid to play football not accept basically being assaulted.
True....but by that logic every player that gets kicked during a match is therefore entitled to kick the other player back.
It is understandable that Payet reacted, but not really excusable. The point is that the referee should have stopped the game before it got to that situation.

And Nice should be punished because of the actions of their fans. The French FA are cocks (or coqs) if they award the match to Nice as it is giving a green light to any other set of moronic fans to act in the same manner.
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #5448 on: Tuesday, August 24, 2021, 12:30:00 »

If someone throws a bottle from the crowd it may or may not hit a player. If the player throws it in to the crowd then he's sure to hit someone and high up too. The chances of him hitting whoever threw it? Could be a thug, could be a woman or child. Payet was a fucking idiot as was carragher a few years back.
I'd like to see whoever he hit sue him.
Flashheart

« Reply #5449 on: Tuesday, August 24, 2021, 12:42:37 »

Players should not have bottles thrown at them. Whoever did it should be found and punished accordingly.

And players should not throw them back. The twat could have hit a kid. It's nothing to do with not being a robot. It's everything to do with being a decent human being.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #5450 on: Tuesday, August 24, 2021, 14:13:26 »

If someone throws a bottle from the crowd it may or may not hit a player. If the player throws it in to the crowd then he's sure to hit someone and high up too. The chances of him hitting whoever threw it? Could be a thug, could be a woman or child. Payet was a fucking idiot as was carragher a few years back.
I'd like to see whoever he hit sue him.
Seriously?! Have you actually even seen the videos? The one where Payet gets smashed in the back of the head and the injury it has left on his back. It's all great being high and mighty on an internet forum but I'd challenge any of you not to react if you were basically just assaulted, it was absolutely disgusting and that's the second time in 2 weeks he's had this with no action from the French authorities. Punishing Payet just reinforces their behaviour as it will make them believe that physically baiting a player can eventually cause players to get into trouble themselves!
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #5451 on: Tuesday, August 24, 2021, 14:14:41 »

Seriously?! Have you actually even seen the videos? The one where Payet gets smashed in the back of the head and the injury it has left on his back. It's all great being high and mighty on an internet forum but I'd challenge any of you not to react if you were basically just assaulted, it was absolutely disgusting and that's the second time in 2 weeks he's had this with no action from the French authorities. Punishing Payet just reinforces their behaviour as it will make them believe that physically baiting a player can eventually cause players to get into trouble themselves!
Agree totally with this. He should not have reacted the way he did but i totally undertsand why he did
Flashheart

« Reply #5452 on: Tuesday, August 24, 2021, 14:21:18 »

There is nothing 'high and mighty' about objecting to bottles being thrown into a crowd of people. Behave.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #5453 on: Tuesday, August 24, 2021, 14:35:18 »

There is nothing 'high and mighty' about objecting to bottles being thrown into a crowd of people. Behave.
Again I'd challenge you not to eventually react after repeatedly being subjected to it and nothing being done to stop it for successive matches. And don't throw the professional or paid enough to ignore it card as players are paid to play football not to provide target practice for Neanderthals.  If you've just almost been knocked out, acting in a calm and collected manner is unlikely to be the first thing on your mind.

If Payet gets anything it should be a quiet word in private, nothing should be done to stop the whole spotlight focus being solely on Nice and the lack of protection to players from the authorities. But at the moment their moron of president seems to be succeeding in pushing the blame on to Marseille which is a complete nonsense.
Flashheart

« Reply #5454 on: Tuesday, August 24, 2021, 14:38:14 »

I would not react in such a way.

It doesn't make me a saint or 'high and mighty'. It just makes me somebody who's aware that the bottle could land anywhere and hurt anybody. It would also be fucking moronic considering the low chances of hitting the person who even threw it.

If you've just almost been knocked out, acting in a calm and collected manner is unlikely to be the first thing on your mind.

Who said anything about staying calm? I wouldn't be calm. But that doesn't mean I'll throw a bottle unto a crowd of people.

You need to wind it in a bit.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 24, 2021, 14:43:53 by Flashheart » Logged
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #5455 on: Tuesday, August 24, 2021, 14:41:17 »

Yes I'm serious but you're correct the French authorities need to act.
Payet is innocent so almost certainly is the person he hit. Throwing the bottle back into the crowd was going to get a reaction.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #5456 on: Tuesday, August 24, 2021, 14:42:05 »

I would not react in such a way.

It doesn't make me a saint or 'high and mighty'. It just makes me somebody who's aware that the bottle could land anywhere and hurt anybody. It would also be fucking moronic considering the low chances of hitting the person who even threw it.

You need to wind it in a bit.
I stand by my point that the majority of people would eventually snap, and easy to criticise but unless you are put in his position you'll never know!
Flashheart

« Reply #5457 on: Tuesday, August 24, 2021, 14:45:25 »

It is very easy indeed for me to criticize because I would not throw a bottle into a crowd of people - because it's a massively twattish thing to do. 

Why are you getting so defensive over him anyway?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #5458 on: Tuesday, August 24, 2021, 14:55:06 »

It is very easy indeed for me to criticize because I would not throw a bottle into a crowd of people - because it's a massively twattish thing to do. 

Why are you getting so defensive over him anyway?
Because having watched the game on TV they were pelted in the warm up at that end, pelted at every corner and goal kick down that end and nothing was done. If the authorities don't do anything then eventually the players will take it into their own hands and that's what happened, to try and pin the blame on Payet for what happened as their president has is just a poor deflection tactic.

I'd happily wager there were no women or kids in that part of the stadium as it's the home of their hooligan mob (I'm not going to call them Ultra's) locate themselves so have absolutely no sympathy for any person in that part of the stadium.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5459 on: Tuesday, August 24, 2021, 14:55:25 »

Toys and prams?  Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 363 [364] 365 366 367 ... 469   Go Up
Print
Jump to: