Pages: 1 ... 343 344 345 [346] 347 348 349 ... 474   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1648491 times)
Panda Paws

« Reply #5175 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 13:45:10 »

And a sustainable club (if that's CM's aim) is likely to be operating at a level between NL and L2 .

Depends on how well the non-footballing side of the business is ran. With a decent fanbase and good commercial hires, revenue would increase significantly.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #5176 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 13:52:59 »

Depends on how well the non-footballing side of the business is ran. With a decent fanbase and good commercial hires, revenue would increase significantly.

Understood and I suppose that moves the ceiling to L1.  However, from what is said above, it appears that championship football will be out of reach.

Nothing to see here
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5177 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 13:55:56 »

Luton? Barnsley?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5178 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 15:30:34 »

And a sustainable club (if that's CM's aim) is likely to be operating at a level between NL and L2 .
Just off the top of my head, Accrington, Plymouth and Lincoln are all well-run clubs operating above that level.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5179 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 15:32:39 »

Understood and I suppose that moves the ceiling to L1.  However, from what is said above, it appears that championship football will be out of reach.
Not necessarily. The figure I quoted was the average, not all clubs in the Championship are overspending to that extent. However, it doesn't seem possible to compete at the top end of the Championship without massively overspending.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #5180 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 20:51:29 »

The "Glen Kamara incident" last night vs Slavia Prague. A SP defender runs in to have a quiet word in Kamara's ear, covering his mouth.
GK heard something racist and started to shout it immediately.

Proving what was said will be challenging and I hope a microphone picked it up, but the cajones to run in 40 yards to have a dig behind your hand is fucking psychopathic.
10 games is maddeningly light, considering Kudela in EUFA's view did racially abuse Kamara
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56747993

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5181 on: Thursday, April 15, 2021, 08:15:51 »

10 games is maddeningly light, considering Kudela in EUFA's view did racially abuse Kamara
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56747993
UEFA consistently fail to match their stern words on racism with actual punishments. See also their pathetic actions after England players were abused in Serbia. It's almost as if they're just mouthing platitudes and don't actually give a fuck
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #5182 on: Thursday, April 15, 2021, 08:18:46 »

Ten games is way more than they've done previously right? We'd all like it to be longer but if he misses the Euros because of this that's a clear and significant punishment to him.

Certainly better than the fines we've seen for nations in the past at least.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5183 on: Sunday, April 18, 2021, 18:31:00 »

The super League idea is back and further along.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56794673

sporting wise - whatever

could have massive implications on the pyramid though. Restructure could knacker us
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #5184 on: Sunday, April 18, 2021, 18:43:43 »

The super League idea is back and further along.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56794673

sporting wise - whatever

could have massive implications on the pyramid though. Restructure could knacker us

Or it could reinstate us back into L1 (relegation pending). Couldn't it? If xyz teams left the Premier League and everyone "hopped up"...

This reminds me a bit like when the Darts split (no pun) and the authorities tried to say it wouldn't work...but it did. Of course the difference with footy is that there are already a bunch of clubs coining it from TV deals etc. Which is the main concern because if the money is there then it will happen. I think it certainly will inevitably happen in due course, when it does I think footy for the working class person will be well and truly resigned and most "fans" will be purely corporate mans/10 bob millionaires hobby.

Maybe it's just how the whole environment feels atm. Seemingly corrupt from top to bottom. It's been like it for a while, I think we just are more aware/exposed to it now. Now the average fan really knows that for those putting in (not fans) is nothing to do with football and the higher up you go it seems even more the case; and the price stretches further away from the working class pocket.
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 18, 2021, 19:22:53 by bamboonoclue » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #5185 on: Sunday, April 18, 2021, 18:47:03 »

I also think the super league would get boring as clubs realise they can't all be top and when the travelling kicks in and away fans can't afford to travel post Covid

So, give no fucks
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #5186 on: Sunday, April 18, 2021, 18:48:53 »

The Premier League complaining about it is amusing, beaten at their own game?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5187 on: Sunday, April 18, 2021, 18:58:24 »

I also think the super league would get boring as clubs realise they can't all be top and when the travelling kicks in and away fans can't afford to travel post Covid

I think the clubs would be more than happy to not have away fans, in fact, even the home ones turning up is only really beneficial for the TV optics.  The clubs make a very small % of their Revenue from fans attending games these days, at that level.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #5188 on: Sunday, April 18, 2021, 19:01:02 »

That's quite sad and can see it going like County cricket within a few years

So, give no fucks
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #5189 on: Sunday, April 18, 2021, 19:02:06 »

The Premier League complaining about it is amusing, beaten at their own game?

the Premier league is an open league and anyone can earn the right to be in it. money also filters throughout the league systems and into grassroots.

this super league will never happen. fan power will win.
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 345 [346] 347 348 349 ... 474   Go Up
Print
Jump to: