Pages: 1 ... 313 314 315 [316] 317 318 319 ... 474   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1646253 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4725 on: Sunday, August 2, 2020, 14:12:11 »

Salford keen on Nugent at Preston.

We get rid of one fairytale and up pops these fuckers.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #4726 on: Sunday, August 2, 2020, 14:16:16 »

This needs to be looked in to. Not a chance they are adhering to da rulez
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #4727 on: Sunday, August 2, 2020, 18:52:52 »

He’s 35 now and has only scored once in 19 games for Preston.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #4728 on: Sunday, August 2, 2020, 18:56:52 »

Not exactly going to be cheap is he
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #4729 on: Sunday, August 2, 2020, 19:57:29 »

This needs to be looked in to. Not a chance they are adhering to da rulez

which rule though! league 2 clubs can only spend 55% of their turnover on wages. however turnover can include owner input
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #4730 on: Sunday, August 2, 2020, 20:24:43 »

which rule though! league 2 clubs can only spend 55% of their turnover on wages. however turnover can include owner input

By hook or by crook whilst they have the wealthy owners behind them they are going to buy their way to through the leagues and it wouldn't surprise me if their in the championship within a few years

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4731 on: Monday, August 3, 2020, 00:07:13 »

Yep. Owners can put in as much as they like as long as it’s gifted and not a loan. Also, 100% of any player sales and 100% of any Cup money.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4732 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 07:12:46 »

If Brentford win the Championship play-off final tonight, they will be guaranteed at least £160m, from next season's basic award + minimum TV revenue and at least two seasons of parachute payments. That is more money than they have earned *in total* in their entire history.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4733 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 08:39:48 »

If Brentford win the Championship play-off final tonight, they will be guaranteed at least £160m, from next season's basic award + minimum TV revenue and at least two seasons of parachute payments. That is more money than they have earned *in total* in their entire history.

I may be wrong, but the Brentford approach is like a much improved version of Peterborough in that they sign young prospects and then when they thrive make huge profits on them. I know they are heavily into statistics etc but their model is definitely something that should be applauded. If Bournemouth's rise up the league is a 'fairytale' then what would Brentford be should they get promoted?

Plus they have developed a brand new stadium so income streams can be increased so they are way more forward thinking than the cherries.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4734 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 08:45:40 »

I may be wrong, but the Brentford approach is like a much improved version of Peterborough in that they sign young prospects and then when they thrive make huge profits on them. I know they are heavily into statistics etc but their model is definitely something that should be applauded. If Bournemouth's rise up the league is a 'fairytale' then what would Brentford be should they get promoted?

Plus they have developed a brand new stadium so income streams can be increased so they are way more forward thinking than the cherries.
Sorry, I wasn't criticising Brentford, as you say they have much to admire. My point was that this demonstrates the insane imbalance in the way money is distributed in football. Rememeber before the PL it used to be Div 1 got 50% of TV money, Div 2 25%, Divs 3 and 4 12.5% each. If we still had that, last season we would have received around £8-9m

EDIT: edited cos I typed it in a rush, typed 200m which would have been the amount for all of L2 not each club. Except it wouldn't because that's just 12.5% of the PL deal, and doesn't allow for the £160m EFL deal as well. So it was wrong twice. Back of a fag packet = around £8-9m each in Leagues 1 and 2. Still over ten times what we currently get and would actually make lower league football financially viable
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 18:18:06 by pauld » Logged
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #4735 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 08:48:38 »

I’m not an expert, but from a distance Brentford appear to have gone about their rise up the leagues in a much more sustainable way than Bournemouth did

Things get better but they never get good
Flashheart

« Reply #4736 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 08:51:36 »

I’m not an expert, but from a distance Brentford appear to have gone about their rise up the leagues in a much more sustainable way than Bournemouth did

When they were in L2, at the same time as we were, they were losing massive amounts. Ana at the time, their fans were accusing us of cheating. I don't remember now but it was something like 5M/year. Maybe 10 - my memory fails me.

But still probably more sustainable than Bournemouth.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4737 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 09:03:40 »

I quitete like Brentford, no idea why. probably because it was a good away day I guess.

it feels like they've gone from where we are to the verge of the premier League.

Of course you need money to do that. I see what you are saying about 'better Peterborough,' but where did the cash to buy players and a new stadium come from?

and can we get one of those Smiley
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4738 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 09:08:48 »

Sorry, I wasn't criticising Brentford, as you say they have much to admire. My point was that this demonstrates the insane imbalance in the way money is distributed in football. Rememeber before the PL it used to be Div 1 got 50% of TV money, Div 2 25%, Divs 3 and 4 12.5% each. If we still had that, last season we would have received around £200m

Sorry if my post made it seem like you were criticising, it wasn't my intention Paul. Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4739 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 09:09:52 »

When they were in L2, at the same time as we were, they were losing massive amounts. Ana at the time, their fans were accusing us of cheating. I don't remember now but it was something like 5M/year. Maybe 10 - my memory fails me.

But still probably more sustainable than Bournemouth.

We've never been in Div 4 at the same time as Brentford or Bormuff.  

Benham has stuck something like 100 mill into Brentford, to get them to where they are, so probably needs to go up to keep it stable.

My only gripe is that does the world need another London club in the top flight?  I'd rather see it spread around the country a bit
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 315 [316] 317 318 319 ... 474   Go Up
Print
Jump to: