Pages: 1 ... 299 300 301 [302] 303 304 305 ... 474   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1646779 times)
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #4515 on: Saturday, January 18, 2020, 18:56:04 »

Nothing should take away from what Eddie Howe has done there.  People like to knock his achievements as it seems a popular thing to do. He’s done a great job, spent a few quid yes but who hasn’t in the top 2 leagues.

Yes I find the Bournemouth hatred (jealousy) odd but then I hate some other teams for no logical reason
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #4516 on: Saturday, January 18, 2020, 19:13:46 »

Nothing should take away from what Eddie Howe has done there.  People like to knock his achievements as it seems a popular thing to do. He’s done a great job, spent a few quid yes but who hasn’t in the top 2 leagues.

Yes I find the Bournemouth hatred (jealousy) odd but then I hate some other teams for no logical reason
A TEF tradition is the bitterness towards Bournemouth and Eddie Howe.....fair play to them I say, what we would have given to swap places with them over the past few seasons.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #4517 on: Saturday, January 18, 2020, 19:54:54 »

That's bizarre - the "cheating" comments are from fans of rival clubs, the "fairytale" shit (which I agree is bollocks) is from lazy pundits. It's not even the same people being "hypocritical",  much less Bournemouth who are the object of your hatred. And if it's hypocrisy you're after, we're every bit of guilty of the boom/bust economics as Bournemouth.
Sure, but we paid the price,  they bribed their way out of it.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #4518 on: Saturday, January 18, 2020, 21:02:56 »

Matt Ritchie is one of the main reasons for dislike. one of Swindons most likeable players
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #4519 on: Saturday, January 18, 2020, 21:30:55 »

Not really,   it's the financial matters that they were involved in which turned out later to be much worse than ours but they got away with it.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #4520 on: Sunday, January 19, 2020, 07:57:10 »

Wasn't it Bournemouth players who flashed cash out of their bus during a fan protest outside the Arkells in the orange hat days?

Possibly Brighton tbf.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #4521 on: Sunday, January 19, 2020, 09:23:29 »

It was Brighton players and when Brighton fans found out about it they acted by making sure the squad were informed of the recent history of Brighton. I was at with dean that night and understand the bitterness towards Albion. But there is a very large core of Brighton fans that are as decent as you get. Don’t forget quite a large number joined in our orange hat protest and offered advice in dealing with diamandis and co
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #4522 on: Sunday, January 19, 2020, 09:53:56 »

I thought the Bournemouth hate* stemmed from them doing a collection outside the CG when they were on the verge of collapse, and then some of them laughed when they got Ritchie for a snip. It's not as if it was the same fans that were trying to save their club, so I don't get it personally, but I don't expect anyone to be rational about their feelings for other clubs. I still hate Bolton.

I was at the Withdean for the play-off semi too. Don't get that one either. Because they came on the pitch and took the piss? Didn't some of ours do that against Sheffield United? I think it was such a horrible loss that people took it to heart more. I was more pissed off that one of ours was crying at the end. Lifetime ban in my book!

*Aside from the 'fairytale' stuff, I get that but that's not Bournemouth specific and I think it goes deeper than that.
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 19, 2020, 09:57:59 by Richie Wellen-Dowd » Logged
TownEnder

Ignore
« Reply #4523 on: Sunday, January 19, 2020, 11:58:26 »

I thought the Bournemouth hate* stemmed from them doing a collection outside the CG when they were on the verge of collapse, and then some of them laughed when they got Ritchie for a snip.
As stated before, its nothing to do with Ritchie, they commited fraud in the same way as we did, but they got away with it.
Statement rom 5th July 2018.

Bournemouth pay £4.75m to settle Financial Fair Play dispute

Eddie Howe celebrates Bournemouth winning the 2014-15 Championship
Manager Eddie Howe led Bournemouth to the Championship title in 2015 and they have been in the Premier League ever since
Bournemouth will pay £4.75m to the Football League to settle a Financial Fair Play (FFP) dispute, arising from their promotion to the Premier League in the 2014-15 season.

The Cherries had originally expected to be fined £7.6m after accruing huge losses as they won the Championship.

But they now have settled on a lower figure.

The EFL said the club "did not make any deliberate attempt to infringe the rules or to deceive".

No Huh?Huh?Huh?,   Nor did we then.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #4524 on: Sunday, January 19, 2020, 12:04:27 »

I don't like them and I'm glad they're struggling. Even their crest is shit.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #4525 on: Sunday, January 19, 2020, 13:49:47 »

I don't like them and I'm glad they're struggling. Even their crest is shit.

Cheesy
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #4526 on: Sunday, January 19, 2020, 20:08:26 »

It was Brighton players and when Brighton fans found out about it they acted by making sure the squad were informed of the recent history of Brighton. I was at with dean that night and understand the bitterness towards Albion. But there is a very large core of Brighton fans that are as decent as you get. Don’t forget quite a large number joined in our orange hat protest and offered advice in dealing with diamandis and co

OK but I still hate Bournemouth for it
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #4527 on: Monday, January 20, 2020, 03:03:04 »

If the black-wray-dicanio episode had continued up the leagues for two or three more years then we'd have absolutely been seen as a fairy tale club the same way sky talk about bournemouth. Its all bolloks innit
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #4528 on: Monday, January 20, 2020, 09:54:03 »

If the black-wray-dicanio episode had continued up the leagues for two or three more years then we'd have absolutely been seen as a fairy tale club the same way sky talk about bournemouth. Its all bolloks innit
Yep, if Black hadn't pulled out I'm sure we would have ended up in the PL within a couple of years like Bournemouth and - like Bournemouth -  would have been fucked when the almost inevitable relegation followed...
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #4529 on: Monday, January 20, 2020, 09:58:57 »

Not sure Black was rich enough to fund a Championship promotion push tbh. The clubs up there spend a ridiculous amount
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 301 [302] 303 304 305 ... 474   Go Up
Print
Jump to: