Pages: 1 ... 293 294 295 [296] 297 298 299 ... 474   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1643064 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4425 on: Sunday, December 8, 2019, 18:20:52 »

Highlights a trend doesn’t it, poor behaviour by staff at the club showing that disabled and the dead aren’t off limits and all of sudden fans follow suit with this. I don’t believe in coincidences and this has all happened within a month of each other. Vince has long pedalled the ‘rest of football versus us’ agenda so fans crossing the line is an inevitability.
No I think it follows a pattern in society rather than at the club. It's not "fans", it's one fan and it's not like there has been a sustained outbreak of racism at FGR across a period of weeks. It's one fan in one game. We apparently had 30-odd knuckledraggers singing "Tommy Robinson" songs repeatedly at away games last season, so more than one fan, across a sustained period. Does that make us "toxic"?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #4426 on: Sunday, December 8, 2019, 18:37:37 »

No I think it follows a pattern in society rather than at the club. It's not "fans", it's one fan and it's not like there has been a sustained outbreak of racism at FGR across a period of weeks. It's one fan in one game. We apparently had 30-odd knuckledraggers singing "Tommy Robinson" songs repeatedly at away games last season, so more than one fan, across a sustained period. Does that make us "toxic"?
We do have a toxic element yes, the tommy Robinson lot have been told to shut up on a number of occasions by a number one of fans. But I still maintain that if you have the hierarchy of the club and players acting like a bunch of cunts the knuckle draggers will follow suit. These 3 incidents happening within the same month isn't just a coincidence in my opinion.

But back on point they didn't mention it anywhere for 2 hours including completely glossing over it in their match feed and report just saying 'after the referee spoke to both dugouts Scunthorpe scored'. Man City had a statement out within 10 minutes, considering the game was stopped at Forest Green due to incident to not mention it for 2 hours is pretty poor.
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 8, 2019, 18:42:41 by theakston2k » Logged
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #4427 on: Sunday, December 8, 2019, 18:44:59 »

You don't get this type of behaviour in rugby union ...

Nothing to see here
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4428 on: Sunday, December 8, 2019, 19:12:25 »

We do have a toxic element yes, the tommy Robinson lot have been told to shut up on a number of occasions by a number one of fans. But I still maintain that if you have the hierarchy of the club and players acting like a bunch of cunts the knuckle draggers will follow suit. These 3 incidents happening within the same month isn't just a coincidence in my opinion.

But back on point they didn't mention it anywhere for 2 hours including completely glossing over it in their match feed and report just saying 'after the referee spoke to both dugouts Scunthorpe scored'. Man City had a statement out within 10 minutes, considering the game was stopped at Forest Green due to incident to not mention it for 2 hours is pretty poor.
Don't think it's really very fair to compare FGR's media dept (one bloke with a laptop, I'd imagine) with the PR machine Man City can bring to bear. I'll come back to my initial point. It's one fan, on one occasion who was condemned fairly promptly by the club. Don't think that says anything at all about the club. The pattern, as I say, is not with FGR, it is a pattern of behaviour that has started to re-emerge across English football. Trying to tie it into some kind of petty vendetta against FGR/Mark Cooper misses the wider picture. I'm with Gary Neville on this
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #4429 on: Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 09:47:22 »

Fleetwood's chairman threatening fans with losing their club if Labour win. He's a Blackpool fan anway so maybe just starting to make his excuses?

https://twitter.com/AgainstLeague3/status/1204700217704095744?s=20
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4430 on: Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 11:05:04 »

Fleetwood's chairman threatening fans with losing their club if Labour win. He's a Blackpool fan anway so maybe just starting to make his excuses?

How frightfully Victorian.

Be interesting what the FL's response is to this, silence I suspect!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4431 on: Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 21:22:45 »

There's a Rugby club in Cornwall doing the same, but there it's based around a fake threat that they won't get the govt grant for their new stadium if Labour get in
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #4432 on: Thursday, December 12, 2019, 10:01:12 »

There's a Rugby club in Cornwall doing the same, but there it's based around a fake threat that they won't get the govt grant for their new stadium if Labour get in
In terms of Fleetwood, the thing is considerably more people in that constituency support Blackpool or Preston than Fleetwood, so he is basically saying vote Labour and close down your rivals.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4433 on: Thursday, December 12, 2019, 12:08:25 »

In terms of Fleetwood, the thing is considerably more people in that constituency support Blackpool or Preston than Fleetwood, so he is basically saying vote Labour and close down your rivals.
Ah, OK, that's a bit stupid then isn't it?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #4434 on: Thursday, December 12, 2019, 16:54:44 »

How frightfully Victorian.

Be interesting what the FL's response is to this, silence I suspect!

Disgraceful telling citizens who to vote for ref self interest.

I suppose the owner of a flag factory would of wanted the Nazis to invade.

Clems Army!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #4435 on: Friday, December 13, 2019, 07:00:04 »

Ah, OK, that's a bit stupid then isn't it?
And Cat Smith holds for Labour,  see yer Fleetwood.

Sent from my SM-J330FN
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #4436 on: Monday, December 16, 2019, 10:27:06 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50801923

Seems that calling someone a Nazi is possibly a worse offence than making monkey noises?
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #4437 on: Monday, December 16, 2019, 23:06:50 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50801923

Seems that calling someone a Nazi is possibly a worse offence than making monkey noises?

On that subject. Has anyone seen The Serie A no to racism campaign? yiu couldn’t make it up.
Barry Scott

« Reply #4438 on: Tuesday, December 17, 2019, 07:40:34 »

On that subject. Has anyone seen The Serie A no to racism campaign? yiu couldn’t make it up.

I just came here to post it. It’s so completely and utterly insane it’s amusing. Speechless.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50814275
Flashheart

« Reply #4439 on: Tuesday, December 17, 2019, 08:05:43 »

I just came here to post it. It’s so completely and utterly insane it’s amusing. Speechless.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50814275

It makes sense, and I can see what they are trying to say. But they have completely overlooked other connotations into it.
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 295 [296] 297 298 299 ... 474   Go Up
Print
Jump to: