Pages: 1 ... 291 292 293 [294] 295 296 297 ... 474   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1646548 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #4395 on: Thursday, November 28, 2019, 17:49:49 »

Blimey. Shocker for Power.  Eek

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50578098?fbclid=IwAR11M7q0vq97YU7XvFUutARh5VdtoO_DY_o5vHq3gBfw4GiS8QfIbIxJk44

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #4396 on: Thursday, November 28, 2019, 17:52:02 »

I'll take it if it means top of the league and playing attractive football. Of course, they're not mutually exclusive.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #4397 on: Thursday, November 28, 2019, 17:56:28 »

I'll take it if it means top of the league and playing attractive football. Of course, they're not mutually exclusive.

Yes. If money alone counted, the table would look very different. It does say something about our chairman's priorities though. Still surprised we come bottom. Lots of clubs' ownership aren't very popular - perhaps they only surveyed our fb group.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4398 on: Thursday, November 28, 2019, 18:04:23 »

Again a puzzler, when I've pointed out the chronic lack of communication between club and fans, the usual suspects have called foul saying all is good. It's just me being pathetic for missing all the examples of players and staff going into local schools and working gratis.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4399 on: Thursday, November 28, 2019, 18:30:49 »

I’m at a loss to understand exactly what ‘fan engagement’ means to fans.

I don’t give a flying one that the club doesn’t keep me informed about what’s going on. I’m not interested in the day to day minutiae of how the club is run.

I’m interested in how the team performs on the pitch - end of.

Sure, when the big stuff comes up like the purchasing of the CG it’s nice to be kept in the loop.

Just what does everyone else want to know?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #4400 on: Thursday, November 28, 2019, 18:38:48 »

Who the hell have they surveyed? They can only have done it using people from that Facebook group. There's much worst owners than Power and clubs even more detached. How can he worst than the likes of Macclesfield, or Southend etc.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #4401 on: Thursday, November 28, 2019, 18:44:36 »

Who the hell have they surveyed? They can only have done it using people from that Facebook group. There's much worst owners than Power and clubs even more detached. How can he worst than the likes of Macclesfield, or Southend etc.

Isnt this the thing on the group where people were being told to vote we were crap?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #4402 on: Thursday, November 28, 2019, 18:50:09 »

Isnt this the thing on the group where people were being told to vote we were crap?
I do seem to remember something like that actually yeah, so basically it’s a fabrication based on a minority of fuckwits. Standard. It sounds a like it’s a nonsense survey anyway as you only get points when the club has ‘formally’ organised fans forums, supporter liaisons etc. So doesn’t really show the full picture as the supporters club organise a lot and the club gets involved with their initiatives similarly with the BBC fans phones ins.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4403 on: Thursday, November 28, 2019, 19:06:14 »

So unsurprisingly you're in the all is good camp.

It says the survey is based on publically accessible data. The club have admitted things aren't as they should be and appointed someone to improve matters, which is in line with the EFL supporters charter.

We've debated before in that charter is an obligation for 2 fans/club meetings a year, but as usual when I've pointed out it would be good idea for the club to stick to their obligation, it's shoot the messenger, a bit like you're trying with the FB group.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4404 on: Thursday, November 28, 2019, 19:09:18 »

They are still responsible as are a bunch of others as per the inquest and report into events of that day, just no one person is going to jail for it.

oh and in the new world of fake news it's Manslaughter not murder.
"Getting away with murder" is a turn of phrase, wasn't meant literally. And they did get away with it, as you rightly point out they were held to be responsible but haven't been held accountable. That's getting away with it, in anyone's book.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #4405 on: Thursday, November 28, 2019, 19:11:17 »

So unsurprisingly you're in the all is good camp.

It says the survey is based on publically accessible data. The club have admitted things aren't as they should be and appointed someone to improve matters, which is in line with the EFL supporters charter.

We've debated before in that charter is an obligation for 2 fans/club meetings a year, but as usual when I've pointed out it would be good idea for the club to stick to their obligation, it's shoot the messenger, a bit like you're trying with the FB group.
Unfortunately I wasn’t logged in so I’ve seen one of your posts.

The club has faults but clearly it does engage and you’ve been given plenty of examples. If you really think we are the worst club out of the 91 for engagement then you are even more negative than I’ve given you credit for.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4406 on: Thursday, November 28, 2019, 19:14:09 »

Again a puzzler, when I've pointed out the chronic lack of communication between club and fans, the usual suspects have called foul saying all is good. It's just me being pathetic for missing all the examples of players and staff going into local schools and working gratis.
Actually, you talked about the lack of engagement with the local community, so people pointed out examples of just such engagement. Communication is a part of engagement and I'd agree it's an area where the club could do better (although they've improved hugely over the last 6 months or so), but it's far from the whole picture. Plenty of organisations communicate without ever engaging with the communities they are supposed to serve. SBC being a shining example.

In other news, Danny Rose out helping coach some of the Academy lads last night in his own time, as he has been doing for several weeks now #JustSaying
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4407 on: Thursday, November 28, 2019, 19:22:48 »

Actually, you talked about the lack of engagement with the local community, so people pointed out examples of just such engagement. Communication is a part of engagement and I'd agree it's an area where the club could do better (although they've improved hugely over the last 6 months or so), but it's far from the whole picture. Plenty of organisations communicate without ever engaging with the communities they are supposed to serve. SBC being a shining example.

In other news, Danny Rose out helping coach some of the Academy lads last night in his own time, as he has been doing for several weeks now #JustSaying

The improvement is down firstly to accepting things aren't good enough, and secondly having to appoint a Supporters Liason Officer in line with the EFL charter, which also contains the commitment yet to be seen of 2 annual meetings.

Player reaching tne end of their careers often think of coaching post playing and so do gratis work with academy kids.  We recentlyhad Marc Richards playing for us while coaching Conbblers kids by way of work experience.

All EFL clubs have a Liaison Officer, it would be interesting to know where our man comes in terms of chronology.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #4408 on: Thursday, November 28, 2019, 19:23:57 »

Another thing to mention although it is possibly unfair to blame individuals but having a head of public relations who’d lost his interest in football over the last couple of seasons hasn’t helped matters. ASD stayed at least a year longer than he should have and was just going through the motions by the end of his time with the club. The new one has shown how it should be done with some pretty good content and lots of comms on the likes of Twitter and Facebook.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4409 on: Thursday, November 28, 2019, 19:30:26 »

The improvement is down firstly to accepting things aren't good enough, and secondly having to appoint a Supporters Liason Officer in line with the EFL charter, which also contains the commitment yet to be seen of 2 annual meetings.
They should hold those meetings, you're right. If they did, I'm pretty sure they'd consist of you and about a dozen others (not having a pop, I'd probably be one of the others). And we'd learn the square root of fuck all from them like we used to from AGMs. But that doesn't mean you should just dismiss/ignore all the other good work they're doing in terms of genuinely engaging with the community, which is what matters far more to most fans. And no I'm not going to give you the list of all the stuff they've done this season again, go read back in all the other threads where you've moaned about "lack of engagement" and people have listed loads of examples you continue to ignore.
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 293 [294] 295 296 297 ... 474   Go Up
Print
Jump to: