Pages: 1 ... 248 249 250 [251] 252 253 254 ... 469   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1630299 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #3750 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2019, 14:52:14 »

400k a week for Aaron fucking Ramsay

Heard a rumour that the 400k figure was false, and it's more like 275k. Either way...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3751 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2019, 15:02:03 »

Heard a rumour that the 400k figure was false, and it's more like 275k. Either way...

400k gross maybe?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #3752 on: Friday, February 22, 2019, 12:24:25 »

Not sure if this is the right topic for this but...

https://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/2019/february/statement-coventry-city-confirm-receipt-of-letter-from-the-efl-board/
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3753 on: Friday, February 22, 2019, 12:44:09 »

So 8th could yet be good enough to make the PO's.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3754 on: Friday, February 22, 2019, 12:52:01 »

jeez, what a clusterfuck sisu are.
« Last Edit: Friday, February 22, 2019, 12:56:25 by Batch » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3755 on: Friday, February 22, 2019, 13:38:52 »

What with Blackpool and Coventry both seemingly in the shit, I hear from other forums several other teams are in danger of admin too, the takeover at Yeovil looks to be faltering and the Yank taking over is said to be an assett stripper, Bristol Rovers owner also looking to sell up soon and sell on to another group of property developers.

Mansfield have apparently released a lot of their youngsters in a cost cutting exercise too.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3756 on: Friday, February 22, 2019, 13:56:11 »

Mansfield have apparently released a lot of their youngsters in a cost cutting exercise too.

Thats probably flitcroft being a twat to be honest, we know how much he likes to play younger players and replace them
Peter Venkman

« Reply #3757 on: Friday, February 22, 2019, 14:20:04 »

Thats probably flitcroft being a twat to be honest, we know how much he likes to play younger players and replace them
Not according to their forum, someone mentions it was to save money. Although what you say is true about him and youngsters.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #3758 on: Friday, February 22, 2019, 19:39:10 »

And this is why I have no real issues with Power. In the grand scheme of things the clubs probably being ran in a sensible fashion. One or 2 poor appointment and initial poor communication has caused some irrational hatred of him in my opinion. Yes he's made some mistakes that's left us in this division but part of it is also down to other clubs spending money they don't have and will just implode eventually.

I just don't get why so many want him out at all costs, for every 1 owner that might improve things there are probably 20 chancers like Jed, Tiger, SISU etc. I still believe if that twat Kostiuk didn't exist and spout all his crap on FB there would be far less I'll feeling towards Power.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #3759 on: Friday, February 22, 2019, 20:13:25 »

And this is why I have no real issues with Power. In the grand scheme of things the clubs probably being ran in a sensible fashion. One or 2 poor appointment and initial poor communication has caused some irrational hatred of him in my opinion. Yes he's made some mistakes that's left us in this division but part of it is also down to other clubs spending money they don't have and will just implode eventually.

I just don't get why so many want him out at all costs, for every 1 owner that might improve things there are probably 20 chancers like Jed, Tiger, SISU etc. I still believe if that twat Kostiuk didn't exist and spout all his crap on FB there would be far less I'll feeling towards Power.
Totally agree. Now seems to have a similar feeling to the beginning of the Macari years. Maybe this is a year of consolidation in L2 before a proper go at promotion next year. I like the way Wellans is talking long term and picking up what looks like the odd gem here and there.

But, I suspect that the game has changed since the 80s. Any whiff of the club moving forward at pace like in the 80s would see bigger fish coming in with big money to turn heads too early (much earlier than Blackburn for Shearer).

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #3760 on: Monday, February 25, 2019, 13:00:40 »

Notts County on the brink of Administration today too if rumours from their club are true. The owners company Paragon as in trouble financially.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11768/11647841/notts-county-in-danger-of-slipping-into-administration

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3761 on: Monday, February 25, 2019, 13:13:13 »

Seems like chickens are coming home to roost at more than a few clubs atm.

Financing a club on the back of the owner’s business is always a risky strategy.

Not a popular view, but maybe Power has it right - never thought I’d say that!
Flashheart

« Reply #3762 on: Monday, February 25, 2019, 13:24:39 »

Of course Power has it right, even if the execution of it is questionable at times. One of the biggest problems is that we're competing with so many others that are not doing it right.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3763 on: Monday, February 25, 2019, 14:05:51 »

Seems like chickens are coming home to roost at more than a few clubs atm.

Financing a club on the back of the owner’s business is always a risky strategy.

Not a popular view, but maybe Power has it right - never thought I’d say that!

I've always said running a financially sustainable club is the right way to go..... but with Power, there are unanswered questions like was the money generated by sales in the Cooper period reinvested into the club or did it go elsewhere?

Further if the owner doesn't have funds beyond what the club generates, to invest, what is the point of having an owner?

Clubs like Exeter and Wycombe have shown you can be viable in Div 4, owned by a Trust, so if we are now a middling Div 4 outfit, but sustainable, it would be a whole lot more fun to be Trust run.

As I've pointed out before the whole point of changing the Articles of Association back in the 80's when like now, we were sustainable as a Div 4 club, but didn't look like achieving much more, was to get wealthy individuals in to invest. 
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3764 on: Monday, February 25, 2019, 14:12:17 »

I've always said running a financially sustainable club is the right way to go..... but with Power, there are unanswered questions like was the money generated by sales in the Cooper period reinvested into the club or did it go elsewhere?

Further if the owner doesn't have funds beyond what the club generates, to invest, what is the point of having an owner?

Clubs like Exeter and Wycombe have shown you can be viable in Div 4, owned by a Trust, so if we are now a middling Div 4 outfit, but sustainable, it would be a whole lot more fun to be Trust run.

As I've pointed out before the whole point of changing the Articles of Association back in the 80's when like now, we were sustainable as a Div 4 club, but didn't look like achieving much more, was to get wealthy individuals in to invest. 

Every business has an owner, you can't not have one.  Some are a single person, others are millions of shareholders.  It is a source from which to raise funds for investment, an equally they sometimes expect a return on their investment.

Power has a long way to go in terms of transparency but the basic books show enough that suggest he's hardly milking us.  The loans to the business are reduced, the assets of the business have increased.  He has clearly used income from player sales to repay some of the loans he made to the business.  Whether people want to believe or not, the first couple of years of his tenure had to be funded somehow and nobody was giving money away.  I'd imagine the drying up of that talent conveyor belt is one of the reasons he has been interested in the Training ground development and getting something moving on the ground - without player sales, he had to invest money to pay the bills.  Getting some other income is needed longer term and the Training Ground developments give him an exit strategy if he wants it.
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 250 [251] 252 253 254 ... 469   Go Up
Print
Jump to: