Pages: 1 ... 219 220 221 [222] 223 224 225 ... 472   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1641266 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3315 on: Tuesday, February 27, 2018, 16:33:49 »

See the FA have caved in to Prem pressure on the FA Cup and are going to play 5th round cup matches midweek with no replays, and leave a blank weekend in Feb, to be called a mid season break, so no doubt they'll all fuck off overseas to play friendlies.

SAw that on social media this morning, but must confess gave it no more than a cursory glance...

Does that mean there will be replays in every round bar the 5th....

Call me controversial but could they just not start the season a bit earlier like we do??
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3316 on: Tuesday, February 27, 2018, 16:37:20 »

Right you have seen what Ben Bradley had to do, you know the drill......  Wink
I'd like to offer full and fulsome apologies if I have ever, even inadvertently, given the impression that Horlock is a communist spy in the pay of the KGB. That OK?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3317 on: Tuesday, February 27, 2018, 16:39:45 »

Call me controversial but could they just not start the season a bit earlier like we do??
Don't be ridiculous, that's when they do all their lucrative pre-season tours and "International WonderClub Cups" and the like. Which is not at all why the players are knackered by January, oh no, it's because they have to play in the smelly old FA Cup against lower league scum like Rochdale on their shitty pitch.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3318 on: Tuesday, February 27, 2018, 16:42:32 »

I'd like to offer full and fulsome apologies if I have ever, even inadvertently, given the impression that Horlock is a communist spy in the pay of the KGB. That OK?

And the donations to the charities of my choice....
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3319 on: Tuesday, February 27, 2018, 16:46:28 »

And the donations to the charities of my choice....
Love to, obviously, but left my wallet at home ...
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #3320 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2018, 12:35:36 »

Conveniently the prem want their mid season break in Feb, just before the chumps league starts again, all other countries have theirs in January

Poor little loves must play so many matches they cant cope.

Sadly can see the FL agreeing to this for an extra few ££$$ from the premier chucked their way to compensate for losing FA Replays, bound to happen, especially as the L1 & L2 have such a small voting percentage
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #3321 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2018, 12:41:33 »

Poor form from the local FA this. No place for this kind of behavior in football, especially u11's.

https://talksport.com/football/talksport-exclusive-abused-managers-then-threatened-fa-shocking-treatment-15-year-old

Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #3322 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2018, 12:46:56 »

Conveniently the prem want their mid season break in Feb, just before the chumps league starts again, all other countries have theirs in January

Poor little loves must play so many matches they cant cope.
They'll only use the "winter break" to piss off over to Dubai or the USA to play some lucrative friendly or tournament against some other bunch of hypocrites.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3323 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2018, 12:55:59 »

They'll only use the "winter break" to piss off over to Dubai or the USA to play some lucrative friendly or tournament against some other bunch of hypocrites.

I was amused by the Taxigate story.... apparently WBA had booked up a longer stay in Barca, assuming they'd be knocked out of the cup, so they could get their "mid season break"   The Scousers got their's in first however by losing to them. Inconvenient for the Baggies, but they thought they'd take the truncated version anyway.... good for team bonding.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3324 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2018, 13:00:47 »

Poor form from the local FA this. No place for this kind of behavior in football, especially u11's.

https://talksport.com/football/talksport-exclusive-abused-managers-then-threatened-fa-shocking-treatment-15-year-old

That is fucking shite from the FA, but sorry to say it doesn't surprise me in the slightest....

On a related matter, what 15 year old wants to be a referee.....
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3325 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2018, 13:05:20 »

I was amused by the Taxigate story.... apparently WBA had booked up a longer stay in Barca, assuming they'd be knocked out of the cup, so they could get their "mid season break"   The Scousers got their's in first however by losing to them. Inconvenient for the Baggies, but they thought they'd take the truncated version anyway.... good for team bonding.

More amusing about Taxigate is the fact that West Brom have stolen the same number of Taxi's under Pardew as they have won Premier League games....
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3326 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2018, 14:57:49 »

That is fucking shite from the FA, but sorry to say it doesn't surprise me in the slightest....

On a related matter, what 15 year old wants to be a referee.....

Decent career to be had in refereeing these days if you can make it to the higher echelons.
blah blah

Ignore
« Reply #3327 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2018, 16:17:24 »

Some friends of my sons prefer to ref on a Sunday than play these days. Even at grass roots junior level you can earn a few quid for not too much work. Its probably still not enough though for most kids to put up with the twats moaning from the sidelines
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3328 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2018, 16:32:56 »

Decent career to be had in refereeing these days if you can put up with scores of people shouting cunt at you..

Corrected for you!  Wink
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #3329 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2018, 16:38:01 »

Corrected for you!  Wink

I'd put up with for 90 minutes, its just words at the end of the day but for a 15 year old kid to have 3 grown men confront you, in your face, it's gonna shit you up.
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 221 [222] 223 224 225 ... 472   Go Up
Print
Jump to: