Pages: 1 ... 182 183 184 [185] 186 187 188 ... 474   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1646293 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2760 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2017, 11:57:20 »

Aidy Boothroyd being lined up to be England's U21 manager. Although it could be worse, according to the Times, Cotterill was on the shortlist. FFS
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #2761 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2017, 18:46:20 »

That's so bad it's almost good
It's the sort of thing I used to do in PE after I got kicked out of cross country club (long story)

Also Ross McCormack is a bellend (that's confirmed by me), apparently the Fulham players don't want him back because he's been so disruptive (not confirmed)
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 25, 2017, 19:10:29 by Ells » Logged

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #2762 on: Sunday, January 29, 2017, 08:41:19 »

Part-time Liverpool fans or part-time fans of clubs who dislike Liverpool who attend games not involving them and loudly obsessing over their latest score.

I go to a lot of football matches and it doesn't matter if I'm at Swindon, the Bristol clubs, Bath City, Fulham, Gateshead, whatever. I'm also always sat/stood next to a couple of people obessessing over Liverpool's latest score.

Yesterday was no exception. 'Haha! WOLVES HAVE SCORED!', 'What's the Liverpool score?', 'I'll take a replay'. Their requests are clearly not out of mild curiousity either as they talk in length about what Klopp should do next etc.

It's okay, we get it, you don't support Swindon and you all want us to know about it. The same applies to the adults I've seen at Town games in, for example, Man Utd polo shirts.

Ugh. It shouldn't bother as it's trivial but it does.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2763 on: Sunday, January 29, 2017, 10:29:18 »

some people have two teams, a watch live local team and a premier league team t usually the one they liked at school.

for me at school it was Man U, but on the day of the 2-2 home draw I stopped my two timing and dumped man u for good.

I would quite like them to win over other teams, but I'm not that bothered.

but I do somehow still hate Liverpool, so recently frequently ask my 'not dumped his premier league team' fellow Swindon fan what the Liverpool score is. it's been quite fun.

I don't think it's fair to say everyone in the category doesn't support Swindon. and with Liverpool it's clear they aren't glory supporters!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #2764 on: Sunday, January 29, 2017, 10:39:20 »

You're the enemy, batch.

No issue with people who feel following a small team isn't enough (although it's not my thing) but the audible over-interest at games not involving them grates. Especially my team, the team we're watching, is shit.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2765 on: Sunday, January 29, 2017, 10:48:52 »

sorry dude, the opportunity to take the p outweighs not upsetting you.

actually, last time the Liverpool ft was announced on the CG PA and there was a bit of a cheer. Even I don't get that..
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2766 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 10:25:41 »

sin bins for yellow cars... not being discussed for the professional game yet, but can you imagine if it was.. the way referees shower them like confetti ...

make sense in youth football I suppose, where yellows are rare.. not played in the adult leagues for about 10 years so no idea if it would suffer the same as the pro game would
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2767 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 10:41:41 »

This all sounds strangely familiarespecially the bit likening the saga to buying a house...

http://www.thevisitor.co.uk/news/diary-of-morecambe-fc-s-maddest-week-1-8362896

and now and exclusive interview from Costa Coffee!

http://www.lancasterguardian.co.uk/news/exclusive-i-am-the-owner-of-morecambe-fc-1-8362866

Be careful what you wish for?

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #2768 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 10:47:11 »

sin bins for yellow cars... not being discussed for the professional game yet, but can you imagine if it was.. the way referees shower them like confetti ...

make sense in youth football I suppose, where yellows are rare.. not played in the adult leagues for about 10 years so no idea if it would suffer the same as the pro game would

It is being considered.
There are some challenges that maybe warrant more than a yellow but are not a red e.g. the cynical drag back or chop down when a player is about to break free in midfield. These are often lauded as "taking one for the team", but are still very annoying when only a yellow is given.

Some of the other changes are "interesting" to say the least, but most look to have been rubbished by current managers etc.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/marco-van-basten-fifa-plans-change-football-a7534186.html

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #2769 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 21:33:06 »

This is just plainly bollocks, I didn't know that Bournemouth didn't own their ground, who does when they say coming years for a new ground is it similar to our aspiration to move to a new ground in the coming years? But at least they have more space than Chelsea which is just shit!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38828349
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #2770 on: Thursday, February 2, 2017, 15:35:17 »

Their ground is owned by a London property company - Stuctadene:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/dec/09/bournemouth-new-stadium-site-dean-court-vitality-stadium

What I find most annoying about that article on access is that Watford have only just developed a new stand, if they realy gave a shit, they'd have managed to complete it then.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2771 on: Thursday, February 2, 2017, 15:38:28 »

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/dec/09/bournemouth-new-stadium-site-dean-court-vitality-stadium

What I find most annoying about that article on access is that Watford have only just developed a new stand, if they realy gave a shit, they'd have managed to complete it then.
Watford have made it clear they don't intend to do it. They were quoted a couple of weeks ago (no, don't remember where OTTOMH, but likely one of BBC, Guardian or Times) saying that they only get demand for less than 100 disabled supporters and if they implemented the full quota it would mean turfing ST holders out of seats they'd had for years to make space for disabled seating that wouldn't then be used. Which, if they've only just built a new stand, sounds like a load of bullshit.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #2772 on: Thursday, February 2, 2017, 15:47:38 »

http://www.glevents.co.uk/watch-live-feed-watford-fc-east-stand-construction/

Future proofed indeed.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #2773 on: Thursday, February 2, 2017, 17:19:21 »

So they are planning to find a site, design a stadium, seek and obtain planning permission and then build the stadium all within c.3.5 years. Ambitious..... Held to ransom? you flogged  the asset boys its up to the owner what he wants to sell it back for.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #2774 on: Thursday, February 2, 2017, 19:55:38 »

So they are planning to find a site, design a stadium, seek and obtain planning permission and then build the stadium all within c.3.5 years. Ambitious..... Held to ransom? you flogged  the asset boys its up to the owner what he wants to sell it back for.
If you think Bournemouth will be in the PL in 2020/21 and need a new stadium.

They have been on a slide recently since they threw away a 3-0 lead against Arsenal. They might have enough this season with 26 points in the bag but if they carry it on next year or Howe gets tempted away it could be interesting.

Maybe they could use their PL windfall to repay the Russian loans and create a stable financially secure club.

Sent from my HTC One M9
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 184 [185] 186 187 188 ... 474   Go Up
Print
Jump to: