Pages: 1 ... 177 178 179 [180] 181 182 183 ... 469   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1629467 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2685 on: Sunday, December 4, 2016, 01:29:58 »

Apparently 55 clubs have now been implicated.... Sad
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #2686 on: Sunday, December 4, 2016, 03:01:35 »

Julian Alsop comes to mind. It seemed like fun at the time, but I've taken the game down. Not sure how fun it was to start off with.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #2687 on: Sunday, December 4, 2016, 19:04:30 »

Oh of course. Because there's no history of kiddy fiddling at public schools, in the church, the aristocracy etc etc...

Yup there is indeed, but my suggestion was not based on any illusion that rugby & cricket are bound to be above suspicion because they are 'posh' sports.

My rationale was that the problem with football (and the Olympic sports) was that highly ambitious young kids were usually controlled by a single coach who had unsupervised contact and was in a position to convince impressionable youngsters that their future careers were entirely dependent on his approval of them which could be withdrawn at any time.  By contrast rugby and cricket coaching at youth level has always tended to be much less intensive with a wider pool of amateur coaches and hence reduced opportunity for a single predator to isolate youngsters and convince them that they have nowhere to go in terms of refusing or complaining.

Hopefully all sports are far better regulated now as per the rugby handbook someone referenced earlier.
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 4, 2016, 19:10:43 by Pax Romana » Logged
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #2688 on: Monday, December 5, 2016, 12:17:24 »

It's because rugby and cricket are more upper class sports and paedophilia within the white upper classes is much more institutionalised and therefore less likely to be reported.

Things get better but they never get good
Barry Scott

« Reply #2689 on: Monday, December 5, 2016, 13:12:59 »

Yup there is indeed, but my suggestion was not based on any illusion that rugby & cricket are bound to be above suspicion because they are 'posh' sports.

My rationale was that the problem with football (and the Olympic sports) was that highly ambitious young kids were usually controlled by a single coach who had unsupervised contact and was in a position to convince impressionable youngsters that their future careers were entirely dependent on his approval of them which could be withdrawn at any time.  By contrast rugby and cricket coaching at youth level has always tended to be much less intensive with a wider pool of amateur coaches and hence reduced opportunity for a single predator to isolate youngsters and convince them that they have nowhere to go in terms of refusing or complaining.

Hopefully all sports are far better regulated now as per the rugby handbook someone referenced earlier.

Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #2690 on: Monday, December 5, 2016, 13:21:54 »

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/44427

3 months without a home game on a saturday at 3pm, fuck about, decent article though

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #2691 on: Monday, December 5, 2016, 13:46:42 »

Blimey!  He goes on a bit, doesn't he?  But I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #2692 on: Monday, December 5, 2016, 14:32:01 »

Blimey!  He goes on a bit, doesn't he?  But I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment.
some of his articles have been great, really hates the modern sky era!

heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2693 on: Monday, December 5, 2016, 15:19:29 »

It's a good read....much of which I'd agree with.   However, I'm sure it hasn't escaped Sky's notice, that atm the Prem, is clogged up with what might be called medium to small clubs, like Boro, Bormuff, Watford, Hull, Swansea, Burnley, Palace.

Conversely the Championship, has Newcastle, Villa, Leeds, Forest, Wolves, Derby.....bung in Blackburn, Preston, Huddersfield, Wendies and Ipswich and you've got something like 30 league titles, as well as 3 European cups. Therefore Sky will milk it. 

For me the Championship this year is unusually interesting, further in the dark depths of winter, sticking something like, the 10 in 10 on, and the odd Thursday night game is great.

Totally agree though about 12:00 ko's, no use to man nor beast.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2694 on: Thursday, December 8, 2016, 12:29:50 »

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2352648/john-terry-chelsea-england-coaching-role-steven-gerrard-frank-lampard-gareth-southgate/

I suppose who else is going to teach the young players about the correct way to racially abuse an opponent and shag your team mates missus?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2695 on: Thursday, December 8, 2016, 12:38:51 »

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2352648/john-terry-chelsea-england-coaching-role-steven-gerrard-frank-lampard-gareth-southgate/

I suppose who else is going to teach the young players about the correct way to racially abuse an opponent and shag your team mates missus?

A story in the Sun including something on a Scouser  Hmmm   Must be true....
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #2696 on: Friday, December 9, 2016, 13:50:36 »

Celino gets another ban from football - not his first yet after x time he is allowed to come back as owner of Leeds - should be banned full stop he is not F & P
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #2697 on: Sunday, December 18, 2016, 22:40:52 »

Man City players all wore a Gundogen shirt today before the match in tribute to their team mate who passed away from his knee injury
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #2698 on: Monday, December 19, 2016, 10:08:30 »

Man City players all wore a Gundogen shirt today before the match in tribute to their team mate who passed away from his knee injury
paddy power ran a summary of all the tweets about this, was brilliant, seems to have disappeared though. If someone died god knows what they would do!

heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #2699 on: Monday, December 19, 2016, 12:10:42 »

paddy power ran a summary of all the tweets about this, was brilliant, seems to have disappeared though. If someone died god knows what they would do!
Judging from some of the tweets and his one, its safe to say he was quite embarrassed about it
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 179 [180] 181 182 183 ... 469   Go Up
Print
Jump to: