Pages: 1 ... 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 ... 474   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1647790 times)
Captain Beefheart

Fast and bulbous, tight also.

Ignore
« Reply #2670 on: Friday, December 2, 2016, 18:20:02 »

This may be an unpopular opinion... But I'm not so sure any of the clubs implicated in this should be given on-pitch sanctions. I'm don't think any of the current sets of players and managers at City and Chelsea deserve to be implicated in this in any way.

But yes. Naturally, the big clubs will get off lightly compared with Crewe. One can only hope that justice (in the courts of law and not on the pitch) will be served.
« Last Edit: Friday, December 2, 2016, 18:44:28 by Captain Beefheart » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2671 on: Friday, December 2, 2016, 18:33:31 »

This may be an unpopular opinion... But I'm not so sure any of the clubs implicated in this should be given on-pitch sanctions. I'm not sure any of the current sets of players and managers at City and Chelsea deserve to be implicated in this in any way.
I see your reasoning, but that's a shit excuse. Chelsea's current board were actively trying to cover up this abuse by silencing  a victim with hush money as recently as a couple of years ago. What sanctions do you suggest that would actually cause them to do anything other than shrug it off? Because a fine won't bother any of the big clubs
Captain Beefheart

Fast and bulbous, tight also.

Ignore
« Reply #2672 on: Friday, December 2, 2016, 18:50:43 »

I see your reasoning, but that's a shit excuse. Chelsea's current board were actively trying to cover up this abuse by silencing  a victim with hush money as recently as a couple of years ago. What sanctions do you suggest that would actually cause them to do anything other than shrug it off? Because a fine won't bother any of the big clubs

Tis' a tricky situation. First and foremost criminal proceedings need to be drawn up against the members of the board that attempted to cover this up. Beyond that I think the FA should look at banning board members/directors from football activity and cutting off their funds from the clubs involved.

There's clearly not an easy solution... Just not entirely convinced that said solution is an on-pitch sanction.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2673 on: Friday, December 2, 2016, 18:57:46 »

Tis' a tricky situation. First and foremost criminal proceedings need to be drawn up against the members of the board that attempted to cover this up.
Don't think they've done anything illegal, much less criminal. Immoral yes, but not illegal - compensation payments with non-disclosure clauses are quite common.
Beyond that I think the FA should look at banning board members/directors from football activity and cutting off their funds from the clubs involved.
There's clearly not an easy solution... Just not entirely convinced that said solution is an on-pitch sanction.
Fair enough. Don't think they will get an on-pitch sanction anyway and there's even less chance of the owners/directors being banned and even less of their funds being "banned". These people own English football now, they're not going to get any more than words of admonishment and maybe a minor fine they can pay from the change down the back of Abramovich's and Mansour's couches. Crewe, though, will get the book thrown at them, even though it looks like their offenders started out at Chelsea under Eddie Heath - coincidence or an active ring?
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #2674 on: Friday, December 2, 2016, 22:59:34 »

Paedophiles at this level do act as a network. They also actively seek out positions of trust within activities targeted at young boys and girls so they have a target rich environment.

It ain't just football.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #2675 on: Saturday, December 3, 2016, 11:32:14 »

Yes we're nowhere near the bottom of this cesspool, it's going to come out everywhere.  Gymnastics and athletics spring to mind. 

The only physical/contact sports where I'd be very surprised to see a big problem are rugby and cricket.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2676 on: Saturday, December 3, 2016, 16:55:34 »

The only physical/contact sports where I'd be very surprised to see a big problem are rugby and cricket.
Because?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #2677 on: Saturday, December 3, 2016, 17:38:36 »

Because?

Gentleman sports, innit.... Any foul play will be down to initiation.

Roll Eyes
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2678 on: Saturday, December 3, 2016, 18:08:52 »

Gentleman sports, innit.... Any foul play will be down to initiation.

Roll Eyes
Oh of course. Because there's no history of kiddy fiddling at public schools, in the church, the aristocracy etc etc...
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #2679 on: Saturday, December 3, 2016, 18:17:19 »

Oh of course. Because there's no history of kiddy fiddling at public schools, in the church, the aristocracy etc etc...

Indeed, which is why rugby doesn't need things like this

http://www.scottishrugby.org/sites/default/files/editor/docs/club_rugby_welfare_handbook.pdf
« Last Edit: Saturday, December 3, 2016, 18:19:23 by ghanimah » Logged

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #2680 on: Saturday, December 3, 2016, 19:01:57 »

Now you're catching on.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #2681 on: Saturday, December 3, 2016, 19:33:30 »

Now you're catching on.

I read this in a voice from one of The Simpsons educational clips with Troy McClure and I can't think which one. Was it the eating meat one?

Edit: just realised its the amendment cartoon. Genius.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Flashheart

« Reply #2682 on: Saturday, December 3, 2016, 19:38:52 »

Chelsea 'lifting' the non-disclosure agreement is their way out of this.

Every man and his dog will know that they saw the shitstorm coming and wanted to be seen to be cooperating before they were forced to. We all know it is bullshit, we all know that they tried to cover it up and would have kept it that way if they thought they'd get away with it.

Still, them 'lifting' the clause before they were told to is what they will use. And it will work for them.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #2683 on: Saturday, December 3, 2016, 20:13:13 »

I read this in a voice from one of The Simpsons educational clips with Troy McClure and I can't think which one. Was it the eating meat one?

Edit: just realised its the amendment cartoon. Genius.

The Simpson's Amendment infomercial was the inspiration behind my previous post.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #2684 on: Saturday, December 3, 2016, 20:14:23 »

The Simpson's Amendment infomercial was the inspiration behind my previous post.

I'm ashamed I didn't catch it sooner!

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 ... 474   Go Up
Print
Jump to: