Pages: 1 ... 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 ... 474   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1643081 times)
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #2475 on: Thursday, July 21, 2016, 12:41:01 »

I read somewhere that the person responsible for this storm had been sacked.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #2476 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 08:21:40 »

Football agents...again.

Pogba's agent is after £25m for his 'fee' for getting the best fee for Juventus. Actually, he represents Pogba, and should get his 10% from him and him only.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2477 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 11:34:01 »

Whilst it is highly unlikely to ever effect us..... why?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36904466
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #2478 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 12:37:45 »

I get the idea for the trial but this quote is weird. FA chief executive Martin Glenn said the move will add "intrigue and interest".
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #2479 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 12:45:37 »

I get the idea for the trial but this quote is weird. FA chief executive Martin Glenn said the move will add "intrigue and interest".

Perhaps the fourth substitute will have to be a 'mystery' player who is not named on the team sheet, will not wear a shirt number and will be made to wear a gimp mask.   Smiley
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #2480 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 13:19:37 »

Perhaps the fourth substitute will have to be a 'mystery' player who is not named on the team sheet, will not wear a shirt number and will be made to wear a gimp mask.   Smiley
Keep your fantasies to yourself Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #2481 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 15:35:31 »

FA Man 1: "OK chaps, we all know that the FA Cup is thin on intrigue and interest, and drama and spectacle. What can we do about it?"

FA Man 2: "I know, let's introduce a fourth substitute."

FA Man 1: "Nice, but is it enough to satisfy our worldwide audience who, as we know, are seeking even more intrigue and interest, and drama and spectacle?"

FA Man 3: "I know, I know, let's introduce a fourth substitute ... but, wait for it, ... only during extra time!"

FA Man 1: "Yes, yes, I'm almost cumming now! That'll do for intrigue and interest, but we still need to make sure of the drama and spectacle! Think, think!"

FA Man 4: "This will do it, this will finish you off! ... Let's introduce a fourth substitute ... only during extra time ... hold on, here's the pop shot, ... but only from the quarter final stage!!!"

FA Man 1: "Yes! Yes! Yes! You've done it!!! Intrigue! Interest! Drama! Spectacle! Now get me a press conference and a new pair of pants."
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #2482 on: Friday, July 29, 2016, 08:12:52 »

Looking at the papers today it looks like Mourhino is planning to spend hundreds of millions on foreign players and ship out all the youngsters coming through at Man Utd, yet as he is so adored by the hacks no one seems to be particularly bothered - despite constantly banging on about a lack of high quality youngsters for England to develop.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2483 on: Friday, July 29, 2016, 12:34:05 »

Looking at the papers today it looks like Mourhino is planning to spend hundreds of millions on foreign players and ship out all the youngsters coming through at Man Utd, yet as he is so adored by the hacks no one seems to be particularly bothered - despite constantly banging on about a lack of high quality youngsters for England to develop.
Well, that's the FA's fault. Oh and grassroots U7s coaches. Not Man Utd, or Chelsea, or Mourinho or the Premier League. They can do no wrong. They have lots of money dontcha know.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2484 on: Friday, July 29, 2016, 13:13:54 »

In fairness his job is to win things for Man United, whose youth lets be honest largely haven't been pulling up trees since the class of 92.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #2485 on: Friday, July 29, 2016, 13:20:37 »

In fairness his job is to win things for Man United, whose youth lets be honest largely haven't been pulling up trees since the class of 92.

And when they do find a decent player, they let him go for a song...only to buy him back a few years later for £100m.

And they say at Man U, Fergie was a genius....

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2486 on: Friday, July 29, 2016, 13:39:02 »

Well if that is the sole extent of his job, more fool Man Utd. Any well run club should include developing youth as part of the key priorities for the whole club, and as such that should be part of the manager's objectives too (albeit obviously to a lesser extent than the Academy manager etc)
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #2487 on: Friday, July 29, 2016, 14:15:20 »

Well if that is the sole extent of his job, more fool Man Utd. Any well run club should include developing youth as part of the key priorities for the whole club, and as such that should be part of the manager's objectives too (albeit obviously to a lesser extent than the Academy manager etc)

There is only one thing that Mourhino holds in disdain as much as youth teams and that is Juan Mata!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #2488 on: Saturday, August 6, 2016, 21:10:28 »

FOOTBALLER IN WON'T DO CLUB CELEBRATION SHAME!!!

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=175718

Roll Eyes
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #2489 on: Saturday, August 6, 2016, 22:10:03 »

FOOTBALLER IN WON'T DO CLUB CELEBRATION SHAME!!!

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=175718

Roll Eyes
That is a car crash of a thread.
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 ... 474   Go Up
Print
Jump to: