Pages: 1 ... 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 ... 474   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1645949 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2430 on: Monday, May 23, 2016, 14:12:36 »

I think the cunts deserve each other

Very much so!
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #2431 on: Monday, May 23, 2016, 14:30:14 »

Was it really 2 seasons?

Shows how much interest I take in the Premiership doesn't it?
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #2432 on: Monday, May 23, 2016, 14:36:27 »

On the same subject but a slightly different tack, I hear an awful lot of premier league, watch football on tv, fans banging on about class.  Oh how classless Man City are.  Oh no, how classless Man United are.  Oh but we're Liverpool we've got tradition and class, oh but we're Chelsea we're the really classy team, yes but we've got a professor type as our manager and less debt because we don't sodding spend all the shitting time so we're really classy.

All of you fuck off.  Thats a word I hate almost as much as hearing about fairy tales (As Ive said endlessly when anyone is being paid upward of the debt of a small eastern european despots national debt per fucking week well you can stick fairytales up your fudge tunnel right off).

How any of the big businesses built on oil exploitation or hedge funds, or whatever other gangsterism has resulted in you having all the bloody money whilst people are relying on foodbanks can fool the gullible consumers of their product that they do it more classily than the same people half a mile down the street is beyond any sense of reality.

Rant over.  

Never knowingly overstated.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #2433 on: Monday, May 23, 2016, 14:42:28 »

I wasn't doubting that a change was needed, just the manner in which the whole thing was handled was shambolic and makes a mockery of the suggestion (which they bang on about) that Man Utd are a club that does things 'the right way', have traditions etc etc!

The Chief Exec Ed Woodward is a joke, and really he should resign. 

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #2434 on: Monday, May 23, 2016, 15:06:45 »

On the same subject but a slightly different tack, I hear an awful lot of premier league, watch football on tv, fans banging on about class.  Oh how classless Man City are.  Oh no, how classless Man United are.  Oh but we're Liverpool we've got tradition and class, oh but we're Chelsea we're the really classy team, yes but we've got a professor type as our manager and less debt because we don't sodding spend all the shitting time so we're really classy.

All of you fuck off.  Thats a word I hate almost as much as hearing about fairy tales (As Ive said endlessly when anyone is being paid upward of the debt of a small eastern european despots national debt per fucking week well you can stick fairytales up your fudge tunnel right off).

How any of the big businesses built on oil exploitation or hedge funds, or whatever other gangsterism has resulted in you having all the bloody money whilst people are relying on foodbanks can fool the gullible consumers of their product that they do it more classily than the same people half a mile down the street is beyond any sense of reality.

Rant over.  

Clap

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #2435 on: Monday, May 23, 2016, 19:18:12 »

Rant over.  

I want to print this off and frame it. ❤️

Matthew Syed (who I love, usually) wrote a piece today about how appointing Mourinho would bring Utd into disrepute etc. It nearly made me vomit.
« Last Edit: Monday, May 23, 2016, 19:20:27 by Ells » Logged

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #2436 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2016, 10:00:24 »

That Man U apparently paid Mourinho £4m to wait until van Gaal got the boot and didn't take another job...despite him having a nice pay-off from Chelsea.

Nice work if you can get it !!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #2437 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2016, 10:12:49 »

That Man U apparently paid Mourinho £4m to wait until van Gaal got the boot and didn't take another job...despite him having a nice pay-off from Chelsea.

Nice work if you can get it !!

Yet they have apparently only opened negotiations with him today?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2438 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2016, 10:26:25 »

Yet they have apparently only opened negotiations with him today?

We all know that's a fudge to get round some HR bullshit to avoid god knows what..
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #2439 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2016, 17:14:14 »

We all know that's a fudge to get round some HR bullshit to avoid god knows what..

Perhaps you were right http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36382637

For completeness the link regarding what the rights relate to is at https://www.ipo.gov.uk/tmcase/Results/4/EU004365755

Modern football eh, I wonder whether we still own the image rights for Paul Hart or Maurice Malpas, Power could be sitting on a gold mine!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #2440 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2016, 10:44:49 »

League 4 clubs losing £800k+ in a season http://www.lancasterguardian.co.uk/news/local/morecambe-football-club-post-830k-loss-1-7939526

At what stage is it concluded that lower league football is not sustainable.....
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2441 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2016, 11:31:11 »

League 4 clubs losing £800k+ in a season http://www.lancasterguardian.co.uk/news/local/morecambe-football-club-post-830k-loss-1-7939526

At what stage is it concluded that lower league football is not sustainable.....

Probably about the same time as it's decided that UK plc can no longer sustain its debt of £ 4.8 trillion that Mr Osborne has added £555 billion to since 2010
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #2442 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2016, 11:51:30 »

Normal service resumed, been a few days since one of these irrelevant Tory references
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2443 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2016, 11:59:33 »

Normal service resumed, been a few days since one of these irrelevant Tory references

Hardly irrelevant, since it's an answer to Horlock's question, based on macro economics, or maybe you don't think football is governed by such rules.

Presumably the fact that some Tory MP's are calling for a change of leadership and a general election, suggests that even they're a little concerned about where the country is heading?
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 31, 2016, 12:01:13 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #2444 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2016, 12:02:40 »

or maybe you don't think football is governed by such rules.

Im not sure football is run by any economic rules, well very few that seem to be enforced properly
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 ... 474   Go Up
Print
Jump to: