Pages: 1 ... 150 151 152 [153] 154 155 156 ... 469   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1629715 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2280 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 14:06:08 »

he did a Superman impression to try and win a penalty. fucktard.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #2281 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 15:25:26 »

That suggestion is actually neither inept nor crass. Get onto it.
Indeed.

There is so much gamesmanship in football that ruins games, my pet hate is the bizarre application of the obstruction rule
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2282 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2016, 20:12:13 »

Players "showing passion" by getting needless red cards. Watching the Merseyside derby and Funes Mori has just been sent off for stamping on Divock Origi's ankle for no reason at all, in the middle of the pitch. Walks off gesturing to the badge and gets applauded by the Everton fans. Why? The berk's just cost you any chance of a come back for no good reason. It's not showing passion, it's being a daft prick.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #2283 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2016, 22:01:17 »

I think it's because the fans would rather interpret such offences as "I REALLY want to win this game, therefore I will get easily frustrated if things aren't going our way" rather than what is the truth in 99% of cases, I.e. "lots of people are getting angry and my brain has stopped working"

...NT to get sent off at home to Oxford next season?

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #2284 on: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 09:01:29 »

Players "showing passion" by getting needless red cards. Watching the Merseyside derby and Funes Mori has just been sent off for stamping on Divock Origi's ankle for no reason at all, in the middle of the pitch. Walks off gesturing to the badge and gets applauded by the Everton fans. Why? The berk's just cost you any chance of a come back for no good reason. It's not showing passion, it's being a daft prick.

Simon Hughes summed this up very well in the Independent:

'With Everton two down at the break, a vicious stamp by Ramiro Funes Mori on Divock Origi was punished by a straight red card. The lack of fight in Everton before was as obvious as his recklessness. From 50 yards away in his technical area Jürgen Klopp spotted it and television replays revealed the German grimacing at the point of impact, which led the striker to being carried off on a stretcher. Klopp described Origi’s fate as a “big shadow” on an otherwise excellent performance.

Mori, meanwhile, exited the pitch to the sound of Evertonian applause after he reacted to the punishment by beating the badge on his chest repeatedly, a sign he considered his action as a sort of warped honour. Seemingly, it slipped his mind that he will now miss the most important game of Everton’s season.'
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2285 on: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 09:13:52 »

Simon Hughes summed this up very well in the Independent:

'With Everton two down at the break, a vicious stamp by Ramiro Funes Mori on Divock Origi was punished by a straight red card. The lack of fight in Everton before was as obvious as his recklessness. From 50 yards away in his technical area Jürgen Klopp spotted it and television replays revealed the German grimacing at the point of impact, which led the striker to being carried off on a stretcher. Klopp described Origi’s fate as a “big shadow” on an otherwise excellent performance.

Mori, meanwhile, exited the pitch to the sound of Evertonian applause after he reacted to the punishment by beating the badge on his chest repeatedly, a sign he considered his action as a sort of warped honour. Seemingly, it slipped his mind that he will now miss the most important game of Everton’s season.'

I bet he also has to be held back by his team mates from punching opposition players and shouts 'come on then' at other supporters whilst standing behind a police cordon.

Posturing of the highest order!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #2286 on: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 19:26:54 »

The AC Milan Nivea haka.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #2287 on: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 20:07:41 »

The AC Milan Nivea haka.

How.. Do.. What? How do those words fit together?  Head Hurts

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #2288 on: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 21:43:13 »

He's taken your Tokyo Sexwale game to another level.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #2289 on: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 21:50:21 »

Nicky Ajose not making the League 1 team of the season!!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #2290 on: Friday, April 22, 2016, 05:41:35 »

In fairness, it wasn't the squd but it was icky. Real icky.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #2291 on: Friday, April 22, 2016, 14:00:04 »

For all of Lee Power's flaws, I don't think you'd ever see a hashtag on the front of our shirts under his tenure.
Panda Paws

« Reply #2292 on: Friday, April 22, 2016, 14:28:43 »

Crumbs that is an absolute horror show...
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #2293 on: Sunday, April 24, 2016, 15:26:04 »

Arsenal fans.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #2294 on: Sunday, April 24, 2016, 15:42:04 »

Most things

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 152 [153] 154 155 156 ... 469   Go Up
Print