Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 ... 469   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1628914 times)
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #1110 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 17:31:51 »

The European Football Associations have the power to destroy FIFA by resigning en masse. Fat chance of that though as it currently stands.

Chairman of the DFL ( German FL ) hints at Eufa breaking away from FIFA

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/soccer/german-football-boss-reinhard-rauball-says-uefa-may-leave-fifa-20141115-11nldd.html

"Two things must happen," he said. "Not only publishing the ethics commission decision but also the appeal by Mr Garcia so it is clear what is being accused and how it was evaluated."

"Also what was not taken into account and if it was correct to leave those things out," he said.

Rauball, who has been critical in the past of FIFA's decision to award the World Cup to Qatar, said if that did not happen then questions would be asked about whether FIFA was the right body to lead football.

"If that does not happen and this crisis is not solved credibly then one has to think about the question whether one is still in good hands at FIFA," he said.

"One option that would be seriously considered is for UEFA (European nations) to break away from FIFA."
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1111 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 11:19:17 »

We've now got Bernstein the former FA chief, calling for the FA to try and get a UEFA boycott of 2018 going.

If I was at the FA now, I would do everything I could to encourage other nations within Uefa – and there are some who would definitely be on side, others maybe not – to take this line. At some stage you have to walk the talk, stop talking and do something.”

What a cunt...why didn't he do something when in charge?  The suits at the FA, are as corrupt as Blatter, Platini etc.  Just not so good at it.....the story of how they tried to court Jack Walker, by arranging work for some relative of his is nausiating in the extreme.

The FA spent about £20 odd mill on the failed 2018 bid, including a tranche of tax payers money.....I wonder where that went?

Many of the politicians pontificating on this are little better....
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1112 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 11:22:42 »

We've now got Bernstein the former FA chief, calling for the FA to try and get a UEFA boycott of 2018 going.

What a cunt...why didn't he do something when in charge?  The suits at the FA, are as corrupt as Blatter, Platini etc.  Just not so good at it.....the story of how they tried to court Jack Walker, by arranging work for some relative of his is nausiating in the extreme.

The FA spent about £20 odd mill on the failed 2018 bid, including a tranche of tax payers money.....I wonder where that went?

Many of the politicians pontificating on this are little better....
Quite so Reg. A mate of mine pointed out that given our game features bungs-a-plenty, convicted fraudsters being allowed to waltz in to ownership of clubs despite the so-called Fit and Proper tests (sorry, Owners and Directors test nowadays), and even dogs with their own bank accounts, we're not in a good position to lecture anyone.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1113 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 11:33:26 »

Quite so Reg. A mate of mine pointed out that given our game features bungs-a-plenty, convicted fraudsters being allowed to waltz in to ownership of clubs despite the so-called Fit and Proper tests (sorry, Owners and Directors test nowadays), and even dogs with their own bank accounts, we're not in a good position to lecture anyone.

This weekend, we've also had noted sexist Scudamore, saying there'd be no place for someone like Ched Evans working in his operation....presumably he doesn't get the connection?

FIFA's little dig at the FA, is actually as funny as fuck....basically 2 fingers, you're as corrupt as the rest, but can't do it properly, what's more, hypocritical.

The FA will do jack shit, because they're in hock over Wembley....the state of the pitch on Saturday, a fucking disgrace.

Sadly, an opportunity was missed, Wembley should have been flogged off....an NFL franchise can have it if they want...te show should have stayed on the road, and funds put into grassroots.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #1114 on: Monday, November 17, 2014, 15:57:00 »

Exactly...which ultimately brings it back to the fans. It's up to us - if we care enough (in numbers)

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #1115 on: Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 08:58:31 »

FIFA are corrupt to the core as we all know
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #1116 on: Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 11:22:07 »

Also the FFP thing is a joke how many teams aka city lose over £10m a year and its allowed
kerry red

« Reply #1117 on: Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 11:30:59 »

Personally, I don't have a problem with wealthy owners bankrolling clubs - good luck to them.

All FPP is really about is making sure the elite clubs remain so - Bayern Munich have a stranglehold on the Bundesliga as if a rival looks like being able to compete with them, they just buy their top players - a la Blackburn/Duncan Shearer.

People can bang on about FIFA/Blatter but UEFA/Platini aint much better
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #1118 on: Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 11:54:54 »

Fully agree.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 11:57:41 by Summerof69 » Logged

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #1119 on: Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 15:11:02 »

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/nov/18/ofcom-premier-league-tv-rights-virgin-media

The next pillar of the English game to fall?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #1120 on: Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 23:46:33 »

Oh come on, that's just not true. We can all bang on about the football authorities, but Platini isn't in the same league of corruption as Blatter, not even close.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1121 on: Thursday, November 20, 2014, 09:54:48 »

Oh come on, that's just not true. We can all bang on about the football authorities, but Platini isn't in the same league of corruption as Blatter, not even close.

Can you have a sliding scale of degrees of corruption? In which case at what level is it acceptable?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #1122 on: Thursday, November 20, 2014, 10:13:37 »

Can you have a sliding scale of degrees of corruption? In which case at what level is it acceptable?

Odd question. Of course you can. What degree's acceptable to you? Slipping a council cleaner a note to tidy up your drive?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1123 on: Thursday, November 20, 2014, 10:27:39 »

Odd question. Of course you can. What degree's acceptable to you? Slipping a council cleaner a note to tidy up your drive?

It's a philosophical question, that has often taxed me. I'm not sure I have an answer....however, in the case of Bladder and Platini, I would say they are as bad as each other.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #1124 on: Thursday, November 20, 2014, 10:48:46 »

It's a philosophical question, that has often taxed me. I'm not sure I have an answer....however, in the case of Bladder and Platini, I would say they are as bad as each other.

Well we'll have to agree to differ on this one. Apart from anything, Platini doesn't command anything like the level of complicit patronage from the European FAs that Blatter does around the globe.

I don't think UEFA, or any other sporting governance body today, is in need of root and branch reform as badly as FIFA. It's happened at the IOC, the UCI, the IAAF. FIFA is the last of the dinosaur oligarchies in sport.

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 ... 469   Go Up
Print
Jump to: