Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC V Sheffield United FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 26631 times)
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Friday, November 9, 2012, 19:01:56 »

Just saw the highlights on Player.

Fuck me Thompson was lucky not to see red.

I found it funny that after Thomson took out that guy, the DRS then proceeded to boo the Sheff Utd player when he touched the ball as if he had done something wrong!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Friday, November 9, 2012, 19:11:39 »

I found it funny that after Thomson took out that guy, the DRS then proceeded to boo the Sheff Utd player when he touched the ball as if he had done something wrong!
Bad tackle it certainly was and we were lucky not to be down to 10 men. The booing was more about his play acting afterwards. If you're that injured you don't carry on playing after the physio kisses it better, you're hobbling off the pitch in agony.
It's a bug bear of mine that almost all players will act like their leg's broken, only to come back on the pitch and carry on as though nothing happened. Tbh a few of united's players did the same thing. One went down like he'd been shot in the centre circle, stayed down until he realised the ref was ignoring him, then leapt up and carried on.

It's All Good..............
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Friday, November 9, 2012, 19:19:21 »

I think it was when we beat Southampton 1 nil at our place that one of their players rolled around as if he'd been amputated below the knee from a fair challenge, the ref didn't blow up, he rolled some more to try and stop us attacking, ball broke up field and he jumped up and raced after it like Ben Johnson on more speed than usual.

I was with my eldest for her first game then and had to explain why daddy was shouting and swearing so much.

Never knowingly overstated.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: