Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Macclesfield Town FA Cup Rd 1 Official Matchday Thread  (Read 37069 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Sunday, November 4, 2012, 12:53:43 »

maybe Reg, its a fair comparison but the box remains unticked in his managerial development.Surely the embargo is a sign that the board's expectation is that the manager "develops" the players he signs into the required standard to gain promotion

With the embargo and change of chairman the Board's mantra changed to accepting that promotion might not be happening this year, but next year, after the embargo has been lifted, because Patey and the money men have fixed it.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #271 on: Sunday, November 4, 2012, 12:54:20 »

Yes, i did have a look and it would appear so.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone want to own up to being part of the 4 pissheads who made complete arses of themselves for the entire 90 mins in the Town End today? Row M, in the 50's I would guess. Absolute tools.

middle section or the left right side?
Flashheart

« Reply #272 on: Sunday, November 4, 2012, 12:55:26 »

He does get the best out of his players, just not on a consistent basis. One bad loss and people forget about all the times we have played very, very well.

I reckon maybe he puts them under too much pressure at times. I can think of no other reason why a professional footballer at any level would not be able to pick out a simple pass to a team mate.
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 4, 2012, 12:59:26 by Flashheart » Logged
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Sunday, November 4, 2012, 13:00:49 »

Was very annoyed yesterday but calmed down not long after the game. They were awful and we were even worse. The home form is very concerning. We can step it up against the better sides but what is worrying is that the games at home which we have lost have been against average sides where we have been dreadful.

Hopefully Paolo putting a rocket up their arse will see an improved performance on Tuesday.
Jackstfc

« Reply #274 on: Sunday, November 4, 2012, 13:12:37 »

If Austin goes to a premier club for the sort of money bandied about we'll be out of the umbong ourselves quiete nicely thank you very much.
[/quote]

Is this the same "one greedy b*stard" Austin who "we f*ckg hate (you)" ?  Surely some of our fans wil be far too disapponited by his disloyalty to Burnley if he moves that they will have no choice but to lobby the club not to accept any sell-on money as a matter of principal.  

Good luck to him. I hope he does really well
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Sunday, November 4, 2012, 13:19:22 »

Is this the same "one greedy b*stard" Austin who "we f*ckg hate (you)" ?  Surely some of our fans wil be far too disapponited by his disloyalty to Burnley if he moves that they will have no choice but to lobby the club not to accept any sell-on money as a matter of principal. 

I guess it depends in whether Burnley refuse to sell him in January & he throws his teddies & lobs in a transfer request to force their hand.

I wish him all the best in his career & hope he goes on to be a top premiership striker, but it won't alter the fact that he left us in the shit mid season.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Sunday, November 4, 2012, 13:28:53 »

On another note do we get £ if morrison plays in the prem?

Starting for reading today
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Sunday, November 4, 2012, 13:54:48 »

On another note do we get £ if morrison plays in the prem?

Starting for reading today

Wouldn't have thought so...his price was set in the buy out clause...Reading met it, so end of story.
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Sunday, November 4, 2012, 15:06:30 »

Could be an Franchise v AFC Wimbledon 2nd round game if they both get through their replay. Clap
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #279 on: Sunday, November 4, 2012, 15:18:54 »

Wouldn't have thought so...his price was set in the buy out clause...Reading met it, so end of story.
Reg is indeed correct, buy out clauses don't normally have such an addition it is triggered purely by meeting the initial clause fee with no other additions.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Sunday, November 4, 2012, 16:14:05 »

Could be an Franchise v AFC Wimbledon 2nd round game if they both get through their replay. Clap

This tie nearly happened a few years ago like this, but Franchise bottled their replay.
fatbasher

« Reply #281 on: Sunday, November 4, 2012, 16:17:45 »

If Austin goes to a premier club for the sort of money bandied about we'll be out of the umbong ourselves quiete nicely thank you very much.

Is this the same "one greedy b*stard" Austin who "we f*ckg hate (you)" ?  Surely some of our fans wil be far too disapponited by his disloyalty to Burnley if he moves that they will have no choice but to lobby the club not to accept any sell-on money as a matter of principal.  

You've part of my post there mate. I certainly have never thought that way about Austin for the record thank you.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Sunday, November 4, 2012, 16:27:07 »

He does get the best out of his players, just not on a consistent basis. One bad loss and people forget about all the times we have played very, very well.

I reckon maybe he puts them under too much pressure at times. I can think of no other reason why a professional footballer at any level would not be able to pick out a simple pass to a team mate.
Well...yeah...but that's a manager's job is it not?? Of course I haven't forgotten the Villa performance or last week's 4-0 win at Stevenage (or wins v Stoke or Brighton or Bournemouth or.....whoever). I also have not forgotten the fact that he's complaining that the squad is not big/good enough and yet we have players out on loan who he has signed. He's saying the strikers aren't good enough but he signed them. It's ridiculous that he seems to expect a constant conveyor belt of players coming into (and going out of) the CG. No other manager has that luxury (well, apart from Ronnie Moore at Tranmere of course and his mega-bucks budget Roll Eyes) so I don't understand why Di Canio thinks he is any different.

And as you rightly say, he does put them under too much pressure at times. That's not the way to get the best out of players. Neither is publicly criticizing them. People can say "Oooh, I don't care what he does or says as long as we get results"..but no one should underestimate the damage that is doing in the the changing room and at some point it will affect results (maybe it has done already - who knows?). That to me as a massive no no. You just don't do it - not in public

I have no axe to grind with Di Canio - ultimately all I want is for the team in red and white to be winning games - and there is no doubt in my mind that he has the ability to go all the way to the top. There are certain aspects to how he goes about his job which are unsustainable in my view though and will prevent this from happening unless he changes. He says he learns from his mistakes so we shall see.

It will be interesting to see what happens when the Mbongo is lifted as to how far the Board will let him go with bringing in new players and at what point they use the 'N' word. That will be a pivotal moment.
Jackstfc

« Reply #283 on: Sunday, November 4, 2012, 17:45:09 »

You've part of my post there mate. I certainly have never thought that way about Austin for the record thank you.

Sorry fatbasher, I meant to use your quote about the money side of things only - which is welcome news for us. I wasn't implying that was your view abut Austin
I did want to raise the point though that some (quite a few judging by the reception Austin got back at our place) will probably be happy to take the dosh regardless of whether Burnley want him to stay in January and does that mean we are any less "greedy" than him.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Sunday, November 4, 2012, 18:46:09 »

Having just returned from a weekend in London on the beers the only sour note was our FA Cup result. Just seen the goals, decent free kick/unlucky own goal but by the sounds of it the performance was utter shite? PdC threatening to fine players, Flint sent off and us going out of the cup with a whimper...hope we respond on Tuesday by doing over Wilson's mob! C.O.Y.R!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: