Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The goal you went most mental at  (Read 8718 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, November 2, 2012, 20:38:52 »

Hmm, I think the third against Tranmere in 93 was a bit insane as I made it down to half way of the Bank having started at the top row.  That was a moment where it now seemed inevitabke we were going to walk into the Prem.
The goal at Bolton away has been mentioned, that was nuts, shit fuckers.
I wasn't at the Charlton away game a couple of years back, but my celebrations resulted in a neighbour calling the Police to a household disturbance.  Let him have a poke in to check the score when he'd found out the reason for said "disturbance".
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, November 2, 2012, 21:50:18 »

With others with Rogers' and Bodin's at Wembley, Maskell at Brum to go to 5-4 from 1-4 in a very mental 20 minute.

Sometimes a mix of spite & frustration makes a goal special with some well directed bile and gesticulating at the oppo players.  Any goal v the Pox as already rightly mentioned.

One promotion 6 pointer in '79 v the Gills at the Town End in 1979 really got the juices going.  The Gills had been violent, cocky and effective in keeping us at bay for 45 minutes when finally all hell broke loose.  At last they had a man righly sent off and the protesting, spitting gobshites protested and their keeper earned a yellow.  Seconds later the Town End was gesticulating and swearing at the keeper as he angrily picked the ball out of the net with an unlikely 1-0 edge for Town at halftime

Second half ended with violence in the tunnel, broken noses, assault charges but neither team went on to promotion.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, November 2, 2012, 22:07:37 »

Calvin Andrew vs Brentford was pretty mental. First win in 19? Not a bad strike either.
Forgot about that one! He hit the bar not long after with an almost identical strike if i remember rightly?

Calvin Andrew du du du du
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, November 2, 2012, 22:16:52 »

I see to remember going mental when Mike Grella scored against Dagenham (?)  I guess that says a lot about Paul Hart (the defensive, one up front twat).

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, November 2, 2012, 23:38:03 »

Both goals vs Leeds in Carling Cup
Reeves vs Shitty away
Fallon overhead kick
Austin's at Southampton
Ward vs Charlton in the play offs
Storey vs Villa
Brian Howard in the 90th min in a game we were getting screwed by the ref vs Luton
Kerrouche vs Crawley Away
Northampton last min, Di Canio on the pitch
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, November 2, 2012, 23:43:03 »

Northampton last min, Di Canio on the pitch

In recent times it has to be this one, McCormack with a goal he really is capable of, makes me smile thinking about it  Smiley
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 00:07:10 »

Fallon against City is the one that stands out. Ended up on the floor under a pile of jubilant town enders. Another Fallon goal was  in the 3-2 against Wendies - that comeback was pretty special.

I'd completely forgotten Alan Reeves' late winner at Ashton Gate - lovely!
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #52 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 00:09:03 »

Any goal against the Scum but surprised nobody has mentioned Peter Coyne agwy to the Slave Traders in 87 stopping them getting into the play offs. Also either of Chalkies away to the Slavers when we won 4-0.
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 00:38:53 »

The ones I thought of immediately were mentioned in the first couple of posts.
Macca against Northampton last new year's eve and Invincibile against Posh.

Going back in history I can recall:
Don Rogers 2nd in the last few minutes of the match to give us a 3-2 win against Preston in 1972
Joey Butler against Birmingham in the FA Cup in 1973
Chalkie's second vs Pikeys at Selhurst in 1987
Alan Mac vs Sunderland at Wembley in 1990
Shearer to give us a 4th at the Manor in 1990 to win 4-2 after being 2-0 down in first 7 mins
left back

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 05:24:41 »

Steve Robinsons second in the last derby at the manor, one of my mates lost a shoe!
Other than that I think Invincible against posh is one that really sticks in my mind.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 08:32:29 »

Invincibile, and I wasn't even there (was driving back from a match I played in).
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 08:39:48 »

Don Rogers 2nd in the last few minutes of the match to give us a 3-2 win against Preston in 1972

That was mental.  1-0 up v PNE who had a mean defence had slipped to 1-2 by second half before two goals from the Don on about 90 + 92 turned on its head what had looked like being a grim afternoon. 

Although many of Don's goals ended up being one on ones this one was smashed from outside the penalty area

A man who really did score when he wants
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 08:57:38 »

That was mental.  1-0 up v PNE who had a mean defence had slipped to 1-2 by second half before two goals from the Don on about 90 + 92 turned on its head what had looked like being a grim afternoon.  

Although many of Don's goals ended up being one on ones this one was smashed from outside the penalty area

A man who really did score when he wants
Old School Clap

For me...

Ling v West Ham (a) '92 promo season (1-0 win)
Fallon v Slave Traders overhead kick - thought I was having a heart attack but I think it was just my half time mini cheddars repeating on me (I carried on any way)
Coyne equalizer v Gills play offs 87
Henry winner v Gills play offs 87
Steve White (first goal) v Gills play offs 87 (replay)
Steve White (second goal) v Gills play offs 87 (replay)
Coyne v Sheff Wed Milk Cup '85 (1-0 win)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 09:10:06 »

Probably Wards at Charlton in the PO semi. Although if it counts Id say Darbys penalty in the same game, that away end was rocking!
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Saturday, November 3, 2012, 09:24:06 »

The one I really went wild was Parkin's last minute winner at Wycombe during the "Jimmy Davis" period.Peter Thorne's second semi-final goal against Bolton was a mental moment.

That was mental, we were top row and ran all the way down and got soaked! We were in the bottom 4 at the time and that win kick started our season! 10 years ago yesterday, staggering.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: