Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official matchday thread Swindon Town v Aston Villa  (Read 52882 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #585 on: Thursday, November 1, 2012, 09:34:34 »

We wouldn't have got anyone, because we didn't win.

Cheesy

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...

Ignore
« Reply #586 on: Thursday, November 1, 2012, 10:33:39 »

agbonlahor was booed before any goals were scored by quite a few in the town end - no idea why - so you can sort of see why he 'gave it the big one' - also what paolo did at the end may well be seen as worse by the villa fans.  austin used to do it all the time and he was loved for it.

basically - if it's for your club you love it, if against you hate it.
spot
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #587 on: Thursday, November 1, 2012, 11:17:47 »

agbonlahor was booed before any goals were scored by quite a few in the town end - no idea why - so you can sort of see why he 'gave it the big one' - also what paolo did at the end may well be seen as worse by the villa fans.  austin used to do it all the time and he was loved for it.

basically - if it's for your club you love it, if against you hate it.

He was booed because if memory serves it was him who went down like a sack of spuds after Flint came into the side of him to grab the ball, earning Flint his yellow.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #588 on: Thursday, November 1, 2012, 11:25:08 »

Yeah he also dived for a penalty, although that may have been later in the half?

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #589 on: Thursday, November 1, 2012, 11:30:29 »

He was booed because if memory serves it was him who went down like a sack of spuds after Flint came into the side of him to grab the ball, earning Flint his yellow.

I thought Flint earned himself his yellow? Was it not a needless, late sliding tackle from behind?

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #590 on: Thursday, November 1, 2012, 11:34:52 »

I thought Flint earned himself his yellow? Was it not a needless, late sliding tackle from behind?

Yep, no different to the ones that saw him sent off vs Scunthorpe.

As for the game, I suppose there's not much more for me to add now. Maybe we should have settled down a bit after the equaliser but we could all smell blood and if we had conceded and not gone for it, I think we'd all be a bit more disappointed.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #591 on: Thursday, November 1, 2012, 11:43:09 »

Personally thought Flinty came in from the side and knicked the ball but then caught his man. Thought it was a harsh booking but probably my rose tinted specs.
« Last Edit: Thursday, November 1, 2012, 11:51:03 by Paolo69 » Logged
Panda Paws

« Reply #592 on: Thursday, November 1, 2012, 14:26:37 »

Personally thought Flinty came in from the side and knicked the ball but then caught his man. Thought it was a harsh booking but probably my rose tinted specs.

The fact that the first thing Aden did was apologise to the ref suggests he knew it was a card.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #593 on: Thursday, November 1, 2012, 14:30:30 »

The fact that the first thing Aden did was apologise to the ref suggests he knew it was a card.

Fair enough, didn't see or hear that!
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: