Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mark Clattenburg  (Read 13054 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 12:17:31 »

Don't forget that Chelsea's complaint is I understand being led (is that the right word) by the club secretary, that being the club secretary that was shown to have lied with regards to the JT case and led on the changing of the statesments etc.

Chelsea really do personify everything which is wrong with modern football, from the shady foreign chairman down to the obnoxious and cheating players, I understand that the sending off of Torres for diving may have been harsh in that case, but sorry what goes around comes around and he has done it enough times in the past.

Even Di Matteo who seemed to be an Ok bloke before he went back there has turned into a idiot, as has Rodgers at Liverpool - why does managing a 'big' club seem to turn all into objectionable twats!
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 12:26:04 »

i can't quite find the words to describe how deep rooted my hatred for chelsea is
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 12:35:03 »

i can't quite find the words to describe how deep rooted my hatred for chelsea is

I know, I actually found myself hoping that Man Utd beat them the other night which felt dirty!
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 13:39:46 »

I know, I actually found myself hoping that Man Utd beat them the other night which felt dirty!

Man Utd and especially Ferguson seem to have improved a lot recently, seems almost a conscious effort on their part to improve their image. Who'd have thought Ferguson would come out and so vocally support referees? Same with Wenger, who pretty much said he knows he acts a twat from time to time and he's grateful the refs have a quiet word with him about it rather than grassing him up to the FA every time.

I don't think anyone has a problem with Chelsea reporting the matter, they had to as it is a serious accusation. But the way they have gone about it, especially making the claims public and leaking all the details to the media, is despicable. They've permanently tarnished Clattenburg's name and pretty much put an end to him refereeing at the very highest level again.

Once this is sorted (and provided he's found innocent) I really hope the referee's refuse to officiate Chelsea matches until something is done about them, as they have been suggesting they might.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 23:48:53 »

I almost want this to be true now - and then watch Chelsea's credibility slide into the swamp.

THIS
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 12:18:31 »

Chelsea have banned the Fan making monkey gestures pending further investigation.Also Millwall have banned a 13 year old for the foreseeable future after he verbally abused Bolton striker Marvin Sordell. Two horrible sets of supporters so not overly surprised.
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 12:29:47 »

Chelsea have banned the Fan making monkey gestures pending further investigation.Also Millwall have banned a 13 year old for the foreseeable future after he verbally abused Bolton striker Marvin Sordell. Two horrible sets of supporters so not overly surprised.
It is nice to see millwall doing something about the problem.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 18:27:08 »

http://www.itv.com/news/story/2012-10-28/chelsea-referee-complaint/
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 19:20:03 »

That can't be left that low key!

I don't like Clattenberg as a referee, but it is unfair to leave his name being dragged through the mud.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 19:37:08 »

What we should remember here is that the Met Police complaint is dropped, the complainants were not Chelsea or the player but the Society of Black Lawyers!!  Nobody came forward to offer evidence on this one. The FA are still investigating the Chelsea complaint.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 20:17:55 »

Chelsea seem to have been on the spin offensive over the last couple of days. Making the point they had every right and had to make the complaint to the FA about Clattenburg, though no one has disputed that. It's the way they handled it which people have a problem with and they're sidestepping that subject.

Chelsea are saying the decision to make the complaint was made solely by the chairman and chief executive. Which seems kind of stupid given that Buck (the chairman) is American and has admitted he's not aware of the phrase "I don't give a monkeys" (and no doubt other English uses of the word monkey) or it's meaning.

I still struggle to see what Clattenburg could have said that was offensive and used the word monkey, far more likely if he did say it the usage was non-offensive. Which again is the problem, Ramires made the accusation and from comments he's made if he hears the word monkey he views it as always offensive - highly unlikely he's aware of other suitable uses.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 20:22:33 »

Wonder when or if he'll be reinstated?

#VivaKenBarlow!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 20:22:39 »

I still struggle to see what Clattenburg could have said that was offensive and used the word monkey,

Unless it was "go back to the jungle, Monkey" I can't either. And I can't believe anyone with half a brain cell would say that, let alone a referee with cameras pointed at him from every which way.

I'd guess at him saying "don't give a monkeys" or "cheeky monkey" being miss-understood. And IF that's the case the FA will clear him, though damage has been done already. Lets see what they uncover, if anything.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 20:30:26 »

Unless it was "go back to the jungle, Monkey" I can't either. And I can't believe anyone with half a brain cell would say that, let alone a referee with cameras pointed at him from every which way.

I'd guess at him saying "don't give a monkeys" or "cheeky monkey" being miss-understood. And IF that's the case the FA will clear him, though damage has been done already. Lets see what they uncover, if anything.

It's just not a word you really hear or use in a racist sense in the UK, compared to Eastern / Southern Europe where it seems to be a popular choice. As far as I'm aware they haven't said what the alleged phrase was, have they?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 20:44:58 »

I heard he ran around the chelsea changing room with his hands under his armpits like a chimp
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: