Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stevenage FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 49198 times)
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Saturday, October 27, 2012, 18:55:59 »

From: http://www.thecomet.net/stevenage-fc/report_stevenage_0_swindon_town_4_1_1672713

Swindon: Foderingham 5, Miller 6, Flint 6, Devera 6, Ritchie 7 (Roberts 55, 5), McCormack 7, Benson 7 (Ferry, 79), Storey 8 (Rooney 60, 8 ), Ward 7, De Vita 8, Bostick 7. Subs not used: Bedwell, McEveley, Collins, Thompson.

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Saturday, October 27, 2012, 18:58:11 »

Bostick?

The ball stuck to his feet i heard.
SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: Saturday, October 27, 2012, 19:01:28 »

Just got back!  What a cracking performance!

I've not read the 31 pages on the thread but thought the whole team played well today.  Miles Storey & Bostock were worthy of praise & I thought Macca provided the badly needed support down the right that has been missing going forward.  Benno ran his socks off & the defence had an easy day.

How are/were Stevenage 2nd?  We were class today, closing down quickly & our passing and movement was outstanding, but Stevenage really were poor.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: Saturday, October 27, 2012, 19:57:31 »

Storey on twitter:

A year ago the stevenage youth team manager told me id be working in maccies #boom
stfcinbmth

« Reply #469 on: Saturday, October 27, 2012, 19:59:53 »

Storey on twitter:

A year ago the stevenage youth team manager told me id be working in maccies #boom

Shoved that back down his throat then. Nice
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Saturday, October 27, 2012, 20:01:23 »

Great all round performance today. Movement and passing was first class.
Stevenage could not live with us.
Fodds had one save all game and a great one at that going in the bottom corner when 3-0 up and he turned it away.

Penalty was actually well placed but the keeper pulled off a decent save after letting the second one in under his body.

Got home earlier than Saturday home game as well.
Great turnout by us Town Supporters....and the typical good banter as always.

No MOM everyone did their job. Hope Archie recovers from his sickness.
Johnny Bostock - Get fit soon Son, you had a great game.....and grat goal for young Miles.

Happy Days on the Road.

Horrible smell when driving past Wycombe today...............Who was in Town ?
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Saturday, October 27, 2012, 20:40:47 »

Did not see that result coming and was only expecting a draw at best so made up with the result. unfortunately i never got to go in the end but managed to listen so not all bad. This result will be a big boost to team and especially the players who haven't had as much game time, regardless of the result if we put in a performance like that Tuesday night we can go forward looking to put a good run together in the league. Ps. Did they have a drum? Didn't hear it on the radio coverage Smiley
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: Saturday, October 27, 2012, 20:41:07 »

Just got back!  What a cracking performance!

I've not read the 31 pages on the thread but thought the whole team played well today.  Miles Storey & Bostock were worthy of praise & I thought Macca provided the badly needed support down the right that has been missing going forward.  Benno ran his socks off & the defence had an easy day.

How are/were Stevenage 2nd?  We were class today, closing down quickly & our passing and movement was outstanding, but Stevenage really were poor.
You always see this comment in match day threads and the answer is obvious. They don't always play like that. Alternatively of course, you could say that their opponents don't normally play as well as we must have done.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Saturday, October 27, 2012, 20:45:05 »

You always see this comment in match day threads and the answer is obvious. They don't always play like that. Alternatively of course, you could say that their opponents don't normally play as well as we must have done.
agree with that, would imagine Colchester and Orient fans were wondering what we had spent our budget on as we were piss poor against both of these. Stevenage had enough points at the start of the day to hold second spot so must be doing something right.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #474 on: Saturday, October 27, 2012, 21:11:40 »

Stevenage had enough points at the start of the day to hold second spot so must be doing something right.

Apart from the fact that they have dropped to third  Wink
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: Saturday, October 27, 2012, 21:12:47 »

Cracking day out, supplemented by the best I've seen us play away for god knows how long, we truly massacered them. Fair play to their fans for staying though. Not sure I would have in the same situation! Best bit of the day was pulling in at Finsbury park on the way back, and the platform was lined with Arsenal fans. Two renditions of Wembley Way out of the windows followed, leaving several hundred of them looking open mouthed at what was going on, really was a surreal moment.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Saturday, October 27, 2012, 21:15:41 »

Read it again.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Saturday, October 27, 2012, 21:22:20 »

Doh
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Saturday, October 27, 2012, 21:23:35 »

Just back off the train from London and happy to be home in the warm, it was fookin' freezing today!!! Winter has arrived!!!

We were superb today all over the park and thoroughly outplayed the hosts, who were/are 2nd in the league! The only downside was Miller missing the penalty, so as he said next time give someone else a go! Was a bit worried on the team selection with 4 CBs playing in the back 4, but they were all great. The midfield worked all game along with the front line who took their chances. Special mentions to Miles Storey who was excellent alongside the ever willing Paul Benson, who again ran his socks off! Thought it was Jonny Bostock's best game in a town shirt, so such a shame to see him go down injured!

Really looking forward to Tuesday and hopefully beating the Villa!!! C.O.Y.R!!!

p.s- Great to see our travelling support around the 1k mark again, sang all afternoon and loved hearing the 1969 league cup final day song again ahead of Tuesday, bring it out more often!

#VivaKenBarlow!
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Saturday, October 27, 2012, 22:27:59 »

Just got back, fantastic performance from the team today with special shoutouts to storey and bostock.

Fantastic support, gutted i can't make the villa game!
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: