Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stevenage FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 50335 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Saturday, October 27, 2012, 17:47:25 »

If we lost this thread would be up to 40 pages by now.
45 pages already!
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Saturday, October 27, 2012, 17:48:32 »

Very much enjoyed that. Bostock MOTM and showed us he could play as part of a midfield two, not just as a second striker- did the nasty stuff as well as the fancy stuff (Risser by comparison the invisible man. should not be finding himself back here any time soon).

Should prove to Di Canio he really does have a squad with excellent strength in depth good enough to win games against the top sides when a few are out, and emergency loans are not always the answer.

Excellent team performance, although that must be qualified by saying nothing went right for Stevenage in any department on the football field.

Same again tuesday and we've got a real chance (new penalty taker please).
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Saturday, October 27, 2012, 17:49:17 »

Great result. Pleased to see some squad players show that they just might be good enough, and especially pleased to see Storey scored.

I will also be working during the Villa game, which seems to be a good omen at the moment.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
kerry red

« Reply #453 on: Saturday, October 27, 2012, 17:51:04 »

Second guessing PdC is a thankless task but do we expect Storey/Collins against Villa?
Flashheart

« Reply #454 on: Saturday, October 27, 2012, 17:52:56 »

Second guessing PdC is a thankless task but do we expect Storey/Collins against Villa?

Expect, no.

Like, yes.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Saturday, October 27, 2012, 18:02:00 »

If we lost this thread would be up to 40 pages by now.
Probably not. There's a bit of a myth about the threads being longer when we lose. Last loss was to Crewe (24 pages), last Sat loss was to Orient (23 pages). This one's up to 31 already.

Great win, great performance (or sounded like it on the radio), dead chuffed for Storey, sets us up brilliantly for Villa who seem to be tearing themselves apart and agree with wiggy:
Great result. Pleased to see some squad players show that they just might be good enough, and especially pleased to see Storey scored.
and Bruce:
Should prove to Di Canio he really does have a squad with excellent strength in depth good enough to win games against the top sides when a few are out, and emergency loans are not always the answer.
Maybe that embargo isn't quite the killer he thought. If he can learn to manage the resources he has (and give himself some credit for perhaps assembling a stronger squad than he first thought), that will be another big step forward in his establishing himself as a manager.

Isn't that the second pen Miller's missed in as many months? (Can't be arsed to look it up)
Flashheart

« Reply #456 on: Saturday, October 27, 2012, 18:05:21 »

I got thought miller's penalty was saved, not missed.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Saturday, October 27, 2012, 18:14:50 »

I got thought miller's penalty was saved, not missed.
Sorry, you're right it was. I should have said "failed to score", my bad
Flashheart

« Reply #458 on: Saturday, October 27, 2012, 18:16:06 »

Sorry, you're right it was. I should have said "failed to score", my bad

Sort it out for fuck's sake
Tamworth Red Army

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Saturday, October 27, 2012, 18:17:04 »

Well played Town n roll on Tuesday and stuffing the Villa!!

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Saturday, October 27, 2012, 18:17:56 »

Sort it out for fuck's sake
Just be grateful I didn't try to start a MatchBox Fred. Imagine the carnage that could have caused Smiley
Flashheart

« Reply #461 on: Saturday, October 27, 2012, 18:24:22 »

Just be grateful I didn't try to start a MatchBox Fred. Imagine the carnage that could have caused Smiley

*shudder*
stfcinbmth

« Reply #462 on: Saturday, October 27, 2012, 18:25:17 »

Isn't that the second pen Miller's missed in as many months? (Can't be arsed to look it up)

He's taken two and hasn't scored either
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Saturday, October 27, 2012, 18:32:29 »

Just got back.

Left work late and didn't get to Stevenage until 2.20, which was annoying!

But it was worth the trip, really wasn't expecting us to get anything so to win that easily was very pleasing.

No one had a bad game with bostock and de vita deserving the most praise.

Great turn out from town fans. Bring on the villa!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Saturday, October 27, 2012, 18:47:27 »

Just back from Paultons Park......froze me nuts off there today but didnt listen to the scores on the way home.......logged straight on here and thaught i had stumbled upon an old thread!
We could still piss this leauge....what a glorious suprise for a Saturday evening.

I am just off to defrost.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: