Toshiba - 3 (14.3%)
Samsung - 3 (14.3%)
Acer - 6 (28.6%)
Asus - 3 (14.3%)
Sony - 3 (14.3%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Last laptop thread from me, I promise  (Read 10228 times)
stfcinbmth

« Reply #15 on: Monday, October 22, 2012, 14:53:16 »

Asus or Tosh
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, October 22, 2012, 15:02:45 »

My Toshiba died after 12 months (psu blew up the motherboard) and they were really shit at getting it sorted, so I'd never recommend them. My HP is a dream.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
red socks

« Reply #17 on: Monday, October 22, 2012, 16:11:55 »

My Toshiba died after 12 months (psu blew up the motherboard) and they were really shit at getting it sorted, so I'd never recommend them. My HP is a dream.

My 4 year old hp is getting really slow, thinking about buying a Mac book to go with iphone, iPad etc, anyone got one? Are they worth the extra £ or am I just falling for their marketing?
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, October 22, 2012, 16:27:36 »

My 4 year old hp is getting really slow, thinking about buying a Mac book to go with iphone, iPad etc, anyone got one? Are they worth the extra £ or am I just falling for their marketing?

I'd never go back to a windows laptop when my macbook eventually does die.

Barry Scott

« Reply #19 on: Monday, October 22, 2012, 17:07:17 »

They're most definitely worth it. They hold their value as well, so the cost doesn't feature in the way people think. Spend £1200 on a Macbook and after a year it's worth about £800-£900. Spend £400 on a Windows laptop and after a year it's worth 27p.

The operating system and the quality of the hardware are simply sexual. I have almost no tolerance at all for Windows when I have to use it nowadays.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #20 on: Monday, October 22, 2012, 17:24:43 »

Clean it up and add more memory. Sorted
red socks

« Reply #21 on: Monday, October 22, 2012, 17:28:29 »

They're most definitely worth it. They hold their value as well, so the cost doesn't feature in the way people think. Spend £1200 on a Macbook and after a year it's worth about £800-£900. Spend £400 on a Windows laptop and after a year it's worth 27p.

The operating system and the quality of the hardware are simply sexual. I have almost no tolerance at all for Windows when I have to use it nowadays.

Cheers for advice chaps, my boy is really giving me the hard sell to get one, if they are half as user friendly as the iPad then I'm sure I won't regret getting one, might just go for entry level MacBook at £800ish. Still seems a lot of money!
stfcinbmth

« Reply #22 on: Monday, October 22, 2012, 17:30:39 »

Asus it is then

http://bitsonline.org/news/111-asus-leads-in-laptop-reliability-beats-all-other-competitors-

http://www.rescuecom.com/news-press-releases/Computer-Reliability-Report-2012.aspx
red socks

« Reply #23 on: Monday, October 22, 2012, 17:31:02 »

Clean it up and add more memory. Sorted

That would be a wise move, however I'm not as wise as I should be!  Smiley
stfcinbmth

« Reply #24 on: Monday, October 22, 2012, 17:39:21 »

No matter who you buy from there's always a chance you could get a duff one
Barry Scott

« Reply #25 on: Monday, October 22, 2012, 17:42:20 »

Cheers for advice chaps, my boy is really giving me the hard sell to get one, if they are half as user friendly as the iPad then I'm sure I won't regret getting one, might just go for entry level MacBook at £800ish. Still seems a lot of money!

It is. But it's like was pointed out to me, work that out over the 2-5 years you'll use it for. The entry level is now £999 for a 2.5, i5 13" MBP I believe. My friend is after one at the moment and you can pick up a brand new one on eBay for about £850 and a near new one, possibly with 3 years Apple Care for less again.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, October 22, 2012, 18:15:58 »

Not sure I'd buy an Apple laptop on eBay, you can get them for pretty much the same price from the Apple refurb store plus they still come with a full 12 month warranty. They had some Macbook Pro 13", originally released at the beginning of 2011 at about £650 the other day which is a bargain. They've currently got the June 2012 model at £850.
Barry Scott

« Reply #27 on: Monday, October 22, 2012, 18:27:20 »

Certainly Apple would be the best option and that's probably what I should say to my friend. I've bought both of mine off eBay though, both under a year old, both perfect. Second one with 3 years Apple Care, which is also a nice piece of mind on something that expensive.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #28 on: Monday, October 22, 2012, 19:19:28 »

Only a posing prick would require a new laptop every year though.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, October 22, 2012, 19:30:21 »

I've been toying with a mac book but i dont think i will be able to utilise to its full potential.
Im still non the wiser on what to go for, i have a samsung, toshiba and a sony as possiblilities
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: