Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Players/Drinking/Clubbing  (Read 10875 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« on: Sunday, July 31, 2005, 11:18:50 »

Once again I go out on a Saturday night and bump into a couple of the Swindon players, they were certainly drinking and one was seemingly completely out of his face at about half 11.

Now the question I'm asking, is should footballers go out drinking and clubbing? To me they have a talent and that talent will only ever get you so far and go that little bit extra you need the right attitude and look after yourself. Drinking is generally not very good for the body, let alone when you're body is very strongly related to your job.

Obviously I dont follow them around everywhere, but certainly I see at least one player out every time I go out no matter what day of the week.

Is this acceptable behaviour for professional footballers? or should Kingy go around pulling them all out of the night clubs...

I dont mind them going out for a drink or two after a saturday as a way to unwind or relax after a game, but a pro footballer going out and getting slaughtered literally hours after a game to me......well if I was blessed with the talent they have I wouldnt disrespect it by drinking heavily every weekend.

No wonder we under performed last season, no wonder our players didnt seem fit enough, no wonder they struggled to keep up (esp at the start of the season) and this season we've had even less pre-season friendlies and I doubt many first team players have played more than 90 minutes of football since May.

No doubt the season will start and all our players will be about 3 yards off the pace, but they wont care because they can get slaughtered in the evening....maybe they need to re-think about what they do in their spare time.....

I bet Reg will now tell some story about how our team was most successfull when we had a team full of Alcoholics :shock:
Spud

« Reply #1 on: Sunday, July 31, 2005, 11:20:00 »

Name and shame!. :|
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, July 31, 2005, 11:21:10 »

Wouldn't have happened under Macari!

Or it did for a while at the start of the 85-86 season then it was in the Adver when he critisised the team etc for it.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, July 31, 2005, 11:22:00 »

Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"
Name and shame!. :|

Usual suspects, which makes it even worse.....

I know he doesnt live local (I think).....but has anyone ever seen Migz out on the piss....he is generally our fitest player (in terms of energy levels)
Spud

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, July 31, 2005, 11:22:00 »

There's nothing wrong with the players going out but do it at the end of the season. Smiley
Sussex

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, July 31, 2005, 11:36:16 »

Give them a break*

They're physically very fit, so will recover from a night out on the pop quicker the most, and it's 6 day's 'til the first competative game. I don't see there's a problem.

It was their last Saturday night out before the start of the season, and if I was in their position I'd want to make the most of it too.

*Obviously if it carrys on once the seasons started I'll send Whits and Sonic round to have 'a word'  Wink
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, July 31, 2005, 12:00:16 »

Quote from: "Sussex Red"
Give them a break*

They're physically very fit, so will recover from a night out on the pop quicker the most, and it's 6 day's 'til the first competative game. I don't see there's a problem.

It was their last Saturday night out before the start of the season, and if I was in their position I'd want to make the most of it too.

*Obviously if it carrys on once the seasons started I'll send Whits and Sonic round to have 'a word'  Wink

That was my thoughts, sadly I do believe it will continue into the season and I really hope it doesnt effect our performances because last season we were really slow off the starting blocks and looked so unfit
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, July 31, 2005, 12:23:38 »

Andy Nicholas, complete pi55head.
Spud

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, July 31, 2005, 12:25:02 »

Quote from: "Ralphy"
Andy Nicholas, complete pi55head.

I can think of stronger words to use after the word 'complete' i.e cunt. Wink
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, July 31, 2005, 12:35:45 »

I've heard he's an arrogant twat?
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, July 31, 2005, 13:01:11 »

At the end of the day. We are all humans, it's not like they get paid thousands anyway. They got to have some fun.
Remember Gazza and that piss up in euro 96. Didn't affect them. A part from taking Penalties.
Players bonding is good for the team.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
santini

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, July 31, 2005, 13:14:29 »

Quote from: "DV85"

has anyone ever seen Migz out on the piss....he is generally our fitest player (in terms of energy levels)

Who is the second fittest? In terms of:
Second in bleep tests.
Second in short sprint.
First in long sprint
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, July 31, 2005, 13:15:08 »

How dare footballers have fun!
Spud

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, July 31, 2005, 13:20:54 »

Quote from: "blinkpip"
At the end of the day. We are all humans, it's not like they get paid thousands anyway. They got to have some fun.
Remember Gazza and that piss up in euro 96. Didn't affect them. A part from taking Penalties.
Players bonding is good for the team.

But Gazza is a legend. Beers
Piemonte

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, July 31, 2005, 13:23:55 »

Quote from: "santini"
Quote from: "DV85"

has anyone ever seen Migz out on the piss....he is generally our fitest player (in terms of energy levels)

Who is the second fittest? In terms of:
Second in bleep tests.
Second in short sprint.
First in long sprint

If your refering to Nicholas, hes a natural athlete ind is obviosley very fit. How fit COULD he be if he  wasnt constantly out on the piss is another question.

The consensus seems to be that his pre-season form has been poor at best
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: