Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Coventry Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 34416 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Sunday, October 14, 2012, 16:33:29 »

Nowhere near it. The early 80's were really shit.

With finance that was available easily the worst Chalkie...all other shit heaps were when we had fuck all.

Clems Army!
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Sunday, October 14, 2012, 16:40:12 »

Kinky Tom, it was definitely inside the box that Benson was fouled.  Im in the DRS 1 block in from the town end, so pretty much edge of the area.  Definitely in the area.

that makes it even more annoying then
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Sunday, October 14, 2012, 17:07:53 »

With finance that was available easily the worst Chalkie...all other shit heaps were when we had fuck all.

Can't see anything statistically worse results wise from the 1980s anyway?
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Sunday, October 14, 2012, 18:01:22 »

We were in division 4 then though and I think it was dire for more than just one season so I suspect Chalky has a point (fortunately I'm just too young).

Think the recent relagation season has to be the most underachieving/disappointing season in my time of watching town. So much expectation following the previous year and all that.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Sunday, October 14, 2012, 18:05:56 »

The pre-Macari years come to mind in Div 4.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #260 on: Sunday, October 14, 2012, 18:15:18 »

Ken Beamish
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Sunday, October 14, 2012, 18:21:11 »

We were in division 4 then though and I think it was dire for more than just one season so I suspect Chalky has a point (fortunately I'm just too young).

I see.

Certainly the worst season since 1990 then, and possibly the worst season for results Smiley
fatbasher

« Reply #262 on: Sunday, October 14, 2012, 18:23:17 »

Ken Beamish

OMGF yeah, forgot him. I remember one season and we were home to Lincoln on the last day and needed a draw to stay up. Ended up 2-2. I was in the town end and we were sing we're going to speedway or something like that.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Sunday, October 14, 2012, 18:35:00 »

Cov fans have threads dedicated to Di Canio, Collins and us at the moment, is it that boring supporting them? This is a gem  Grin

"Swindon town seem to think they are bigger than they are or something they will never be..
A lot of this is aided by do canio who is creating an over inflated ego at the club..for this reason I cannot stand Swindon town..an absolute nothing club with a grade a tosspot at the helm"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Sunday, October 14, 2012, 18:37:23 »

Cov fans have threads dedicated to Di Canio, Collins and us at the moment, is it that boring supporting them?

If you lived in Coventry pretty much anything would seem more interesting.

edit: Just read some "dominated the game for 70 minutes" comments and disagree. They took their chances in the first half, but we made more chances. Then for the first 25 minutes of the second they nullified the game and looked to be cruising, but didn't threaten us whatsoever. Far different from dominating.

Also it seems fleck didn't crack his skull, which is good to hear.
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 14, 2012, 18:44:20 by Batch » Logged
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Sunday, October 14, 2012, 18:39:53 »

That's pretty rich coming from a club who have obviously overachieved in the past god knows how many years. Can't believe they didn't even fill the Arkells section.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Sunday, October 14, 2012, 18:51:43 »

That's pretty rich coming from a club who have obviously overachieved in the past god knows how many years. Can't believe they didn't even fill the Arkells section.
Have read they were worried about pay on the day as they didn't want to travel then not be able to get in due to their large away following, and also they were worried about being out in the open exposed to the elements  Hmmm would imagine we will double their figures from yesterday when we go up there, I wouldn't want to go up there if it wasn't a covered away end though, might get a chill  Smiley
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 14, 2012, 18:53:41 by Notts red » Logged
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Sunday, October 14, 2012, 18:52:12 »

They must have spoke with Dorset.....

After the game I spoke to some Swindon fans and they basically said they can't stand di canio, the only reason they are happy he is there, is because he generates media interest which in turn generates bigger crowds and gives the club a much better income, but yeah they all said he's a twat and they can't stand him.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Sunday, October 14, 2012, 18:53:14 »

Also, something is wrong here, but I'd guess out average is ~8k :

http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D2/attend.html

But have Cov really fallen to a 10K average? Massive.

he he, realist bites:

Quote from: covOldtimer
I grew up watching us against manu, Chelsea, Liverpool , arsenal act... now we have Swindon fans on here looking for banter ffs.

Jeez, its really tough being a sky blue now
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 14, 2012, 19:01:45 by Batch » Logged
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Sunday, October 14, 2012, 18:54:29 »

Have read they were worried about pay on the day as they didn't want to travel then not be able to get in due to their large away following, and also they were worried about being out in the open exposed to the elements  Hmmm would imagine we will double their figures when we go up there, I wouldn't want to go up there if it wasn't a covered away end though, might get a chill  Smiley

Our away attendances last season were not that different, seeing as they were Championship and we were Leeeeeeague 2, Leeeeeeeeague 2

Think the Town fan conducts himself well, some good bites
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: