Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Speedway  (Read 40323 times)
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Monday, September 30, 2013, 21:57:29 »

Sick as a fucking parrot
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Monday, September 30, 2013, 23:01:29 »

Only went one full season. Barry Briggs, Bob Kilby, Martin Ashby and Mike Broadbanks. 1967 ish. Went to Wembley for the World Final, also to Coventry for the Midland Riders Championship. The prizes there were presented by none other than "Miss Diane" from Crossroads. Still remember how stunning she looked!  
My Lambretta TV 200 looked a bit out of place in the Abbey Stadium.car park and I found other things to do on a Saturday night.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 15:27:20 »

A lot has been written - and will continue to be written - about how Poole can manipulate the rules to their advantage and other teams are disadvantaged (ie being allowed to cancel a match when their team was weak, yet Swindon were forced to go to Coventry with only two of their recognised team!) but the truth was that the best team won over two legs.  Robins carried too many passengers on the night and I would be surprised to see Anderson and Kennett back in the Robins colours next season.  Something not right in the Swindon pits it would seem, money troubles again?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 15:59:35 »

A lot has been written - and will continue to be written - about how Poole can manipulate the rules to their advantage and other teams are disadvantaged (ie being allowed to cancel a match when their team was weak, yet Swindon were forced to go to Coventry with only two of their recognised team!) but the truth was that the best team won over two legs.  Robins carried too many passengers on the night and I would be surprised to see Anderson and Kennett back in the Robins colours next season.  Something not right in the Swindon pits it would seem, money troubles again?
Maybe. Andersen has been on a steady decline for a few years, and he had an almighty prang the night before at the euro Champs. When he got back up after the crash he wasn't as quick nor brave as he had been before. Still a good rider, but not a number 1.

Kennett has been awful every time I have seen him in t he last couple of years. Think he's been a passenger all season, when most expected him to be a heat leader.

Batchelor seemed very off form last night which surprised me.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 18:31:02 »

Morris looks like a very good rider these days.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 18:41:55 »

I can see the top 2 being Kildemand & Doyle next season.

A lot will depend on what happens for next season, if (as expected) Sky pull out of sponsoring & showing the meetings then I can't see there being an elite league.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Thursday, October 3, 2013, 08:56:17 »

Long weekend away abroad meant missed both Preston game and speedway V Poole, probably just as well by the looks.

10 point lead was never going to be enough (unlucky not to have more from the first leg) and can honestly see Elite league speedway going down the pan in this country once Sky pull out. Question will be can lower level speedway still pay for itself and will fans remain interested ?, especially with the crap BSPA running the show. Top riders will be happy to ply their trade entirely abroad as British speedway is certainly the poor man as far as Europe is concerned.
Will be a shame as whilst not an ever present at the Abbey I do try to go as much as pocket and time allows. Have been going on and off since my Dad took me as a tot and will miss it if it stops.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Friday, November 22, 2013, 06:09:02 »

Hans Andersen to Coventry. 2 x British reserves. Cost cutting ahead of new tv deal. Wonder whether speedway will still be on sky?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Friday, November 22, 2013, 07:12:23 »

Wonder whether speedway will still be on sky?

Doubt it. Wonder if BT would step in. Possibly a bit too minority for them.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Friday, November 22, 2013, 07:30:04 »

Doubt it. Wonder if BT would step in. Possibly a bit too minority for them.

Anyone going to the GP in Cardiff next year? Got my tickets...

Maybe Eurosport may show an interest in the Elite League? (Probably not)...

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: