Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Shrewsbury Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 23537 times)
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Sunday, September 30, 2012, 12:53:35 »

Anyone who went, how did Bessone do at RB?

Did ok, could tell he wasn't entirely comfortable being there but dealt with most things well. Kept drifting towards the centre a bit at times.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Sunday, September 30, 2012, 13:10:04 »

Why do the fans of every team we beat seem to be under the impression we are over spending and will go bust soon?

They all think PdC been given this massive budget, but we certainly haven't gone and spent £800k on one player like Bornmuff did on Tubby, who was fucking dire last week.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Sunday, September 30, 2012, 13:11:55 »

Bessone is horribly one footed. Got caught out a few times but generally pretty solid... If he was up against better wingers / full backs Id be a bit more concerned but thankfully Shrewsbury weren't really up to much.

Their fans are a bitter bunch. The obligatory "Fuck off Di Canio" chant began before the game had even begun, yet he was pretty much the reason most of them were there! The chanting between their block of supporters and ours was cringeworthy, playground stuff akin to shouting "your mum". The jealousy is extraordinary, I've never seen a set of supporters with such obvious envy. Considering Di Canio has complimented them quite a lot (and rightly so, they were excellent last season) they seem to hate him an awful lot.

But anyway we were good enough 2nd half to thoroughly deserve 3 pts. Williams was class yet again and Rooney looked tidy when he came on. I would start him ahead of Collins on Tuesday. Ward is terrific in the air but he gives me a heart attack everytime he's in control! He did play a few neat, lofted through balls but generally his distribution is woeful. We're spending £200k on Troy I think we need to utilise him now.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Sunday, September 30, 2012, 13:31:35 »

Why do the fans of every team we beat seem to be under the impression we are over spending and will go bust soon?

It avoids having to admit your own team was gash in comparison and hoping we go bust sometime soon is a nice comfort blanket to suck on. Personally I take such utterings as a compliment.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Sunday, September 30, 2012, 14:20:41 »

Suicide
Anyone who went, how did Bessone do at RB?
He did ok, they seemed to play with big Morgan up front on his own but failed to get their wide men forward so Bessone was in and out of the game. Can't really remember him getting forward for us that much but like I said I think he did ok. Shrewsburys tactics were a bit strange because they seemed to sit deep but didn't seem to bust a gut on the counter attack either. Perhaps they were relying on set pieces which is different from the norm for the home team especially as they have been so Good at home. Maybe they gave us too much respect?
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Sunday, September 30, 2012, 14:25:15 »

Shrews fans on FF didn't give themselves a hope and seemed to have written off this game before it'd even started. Bessone did get forward at times but was always inside rather than overlapping Ritchie, which in turned hindered his game a bit.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Sunday, September 30, 2012, 15:43:15 »

wrt to the Shrews fans; at least they gave us credit in that they said we were deserved winners. Some even said we looked a good team Smiley
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Sunday, September 30, 2012, 15:49:58 »

wrt to the Shrews fans; at least they gave us credit in that they said we were deserved winners. Some even said we looked a good team Smiley

Not bad considering we made 6 changes.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Sunday, September 30, 2012, 17:49:45 »

Was there any news on Thompson’s absence?
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Sunday, September 30, 2012, 17:53:08 »

If anyone's bored, go on shrewsbury's forum (blue and amber). It's fucking hysterical.  They even have seperate threads dedicated to di Canio and our support. Talk about bitter and twisted.

It's All Good..............
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Sunday, September 30, 2012, 18:04:34 »

If anyone's bored, go on shrewsbury's forum (blue and amber). It's fucking hysterical.  They even have seperate threads dedicated to di Canio and our support. Talk about bitter and twisted.

Haha it's comedy gold.
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Sunday, September 30, 2012, 18:08:47 »

Why the fuck do they Dislike/envy/hate us?
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Sunday, September 30, 2012, 18:28:29 »

Was there any news on Thompson’s absence?

Just resting him.

Never knowingly overstated.
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Sunday, September 30, 2012, 18:36:49 »

The blue & amber forum seems to have a combination of posters who spout ignorant ill-informed crap, most likely based on jealousy and some well-reasoned comments that are generally complimentary about us.

There does seem to be a running theme amongst a good number of them that we are about to go bust. Zzz
One that made me laugh was the idea that we paid £400K for Luke Rooney.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Sunday, September 30, 2012, 18:38:24 »

Just resting him.

Yep...he took two crunching hits v Burnley,to be honest i was impressed that he got up and played the match out.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: