Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Why do my lights flicker?  (Read 5584 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, September 28, 2012, 20:10:26 »

Poltergoost.

Clems Army!
red sheldon

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, September 28, 2012, 20:29:26 »

are the lights flickering but nobody's home

@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, September 29, 2012, 10:43:31 »

Recently, Ive noticed that every now and again certain lights in my house flicker. Its not a constant flicker, but a quick on then everything goes back to normal, i have notice this in several rooms in my house more notably in the kitchen when i had my main lights, extractor fan and lights, and under cabinet lights all on and one of my main four spot lights started going crazy, after turning off my extractor it stopped.

Any ideas what's causing this?

About a year ago my bathroom flooded and came through the kitchen but a sparky gave it the al clear.

Sounds like your poltergeist has created a dodgy connection in your extractor...  What sort of fuse board do you have?  Is it old? I ask because modern ones would trip at the slightest hint of a short (even a light bulb blowing will trip mine)
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 29, 2012, 10:45:31 by @MacPhlea » Logged
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, September 29, 2012, 10:48:29 »

Thanks for the help (some of you) i put it down to being a bulb as it was only in the kitchen at first, so was waiting for it to go before replacing, but its started happening in other rooms, i'll probably have a spark come and check my fuse box etc just to be safe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #19 on: Saturday, September 29, 2012, 12:39:18 »

There can be a few underlying problems TBH it could be mains fluctations if you are close in proximity to a substation or the general age of wiring or even a variable earth on the house itself or another possibility is that there is a loose incoming power line into the junction box.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
steptoe41

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, September 29, 2012, 14:00:21 »

There can be a few underlying problems TBH it could be mains fluctations if you are close in proximity to a substation or the general age of wiring or even a variable earth on the house itself or another possibility is that there is a loose incoming power line into the junction box.

Either way you are fucked, as if you live close to a substation you will probably end up growing a spare head and dying of some horrible disease and if you have a loose incoming line into the box your house will probably catch fire and burn down.

All joking aside, I would just ring a sparky. PDQ.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, September 29, 2012, 14:04:06 »

Either way you are fucked, as if you live close to a substation you will probably end up growing a spare head and dying of some horrible disease and if you have a loose incoming line into the box your house will probably catch fire and burn down.

All joking aside, I would just ring a sparky. PDQ.

This man speaketh sense, get it checked.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: