Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Caddis bollixed  (Read 37344 times)
Carly

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 23:30:27 »

Caddis no longer wanted to play for PDC. Would be such a plus for us to have him back - he's the strongest player in our squad.
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 23:34:36 »

Caddis no longer wanted to play for PDC. Would be such a plus for us to have him back - he's the strongest player in our squad.

Pretty sure his whinging to the press about town extending his contract without recourse to him pre-dated his bust-up with PDC

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 08:24:26 »

PAUL CADDIS NEVER WHINGED TO THE PRESS ABOUT HIS CONTRACT EXTENSION. It frustrates me no end to see people constantly re-writing history to justify his exit to themselves

His quotes at the time of signing

""It's something I thought would happen - I'm happy here and the club are happy to have me," Caddis told BBC Wiltshire.

"The manager likes me and people behind the scenes have complimented me on the way I've put myself about."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18138811

I can't recall him saying anything contrary since, though happy to be proved wrong.

Things get better but they never get good
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 09:41:57 »

Caddis was great for us last season, I'd love to see him play for Swindon again.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 09:57:39 »

Caddis would improve our squad there is no question to that. I think we may see him in a Swindon shirt again considering Brum have no money at all and PDC has left paving way for his return
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 13:19:58 »

PAUL CADDIS NEVER WHINGED TO THE PRESS ABOUT HIS CONTRACT EXTENSION. It frustrates me no end to see people constantly re-writing history to justify his exit to themselves

His quotes at the time of signing

""It's something I thought would happen - I'm happy here and the club are happy to have me," Caddis told BBC Wiltshire.

"The manager likes me and people behind the scenes have complimented me on the way I've put myself about."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18138811

I can't recall him saying anything contrary since, though happy to be proved wrong.

Calm down dear.  Has someone hidden your medication?  I was not my intention to "re-write history" nor would I have any interest in doing so.

I support all players while they are here and I am indifferent to all players once they leave (with the exception of Cox, for whom I still have a soft spot).

It is possible that in the murky areas at the back of my mind I had mis-remembered an apparent lack of excitement at the news ("it's something I thought would happen") as being something a bit more negative than that.

dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 13:27:25 »

Calm down dear.  Has someone hidden your medication?  I was not my intention to "re-write history" nor would I have any interest in doing so.

I support all players while they are here and I am indifferent to all players once they leave (with the exception of Cox, for whom I still have a soft spot).

It is possible that in the murky areas at the back of my mind I had mis-remembered an apparent lack of excitement at the news ("it's something I thought would happen") as being something a bit more negative than that.

That might be the most begrudging concession of defeat in an argument I've ever read on here.

..never go back.
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 13:30:13 »

That might be the most begrudging concession of defeat in an argument I've ever read on here.

Thank you.  I'm quite happy to admit I'm wrong on a fact, but in this case I what actually happened is I was accused of "re-writing history" with intent, which is something else entirely.

dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 14:26:14 »

Thank you.  I'm quite happy to admit I'm wrong on a fact, but in this case I what actually happened is I was accused of "re-writing history" with intent, which is something else entirely.

You don't want to take things so personally. I'm sure that comment wasn't aimed specifically at you. There were about 3 pages of bullshit before that from people that had accepted the Dicanio groupthink that implies that everybody that disagrees with Il Duce is a traitor to the cause just looking for a chance to betray us, and we should be happy when Paolo takes action to eliminate them. (On a side note I find it unbelievable that people still maintain that PDC didn't allow his politicial convictions to intefere with his running of the club when it's pretty clear that the entire ethos of his management style was modelled on authoritarian politics).

There was no talk of Caddis wanting out and not wanting to extend his contract prior to his falling out with PDC. Birmingham didn't approach us wanting Caddis, we approached them to try to get him off our hands when it was clear PDC wanted him out.

Painting it in retrospect as Caddis engineering a move out really is rewriting history, or accepting a rewritten history unquestionningly. Fair enough if you're only guilty of the latter.

..never go back.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #159 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 14:32:08 »

You don't want to take things so personally. I'm sure that comment wasn't aimed specifically at you. There were about 3 pages of bullshit before that from people that had accepted the Dicanio groupthink that implies that everybody that disagrees with Il Duce is a traitor to the cause just looking for a chance to betray us, and we should be happy when Paolo takes action to eliminate them. (On a side note I find it unbelievable that people still maintain that PDC didn't allow his politicial convictions to intefere with his running of the club when it's pretty clear that the entire ethos of his management style was modelled on authoritarian politics).

There was no talk of Caddis wanting out and not wanting to extend his contract prior to his falling out with PDC. Birmingham didn't approach us wanting Caddis, we approached them to try to get him off our hands when it was clear PDC wanted him out.

Painting it in retrospect as Caddis engineering a move out really is rewriting history, or accepting a rewritten history unquestionningly. Fair enough if you're only guilty of the latter.
Fuck off you utter, utter cunt.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 14:36:15 »

Fuck off you utter, utter cunt.

Do you do anything with your life apart from post slightly incoherent abuse at me pretty much every time I post?

Fuck me grow up boy.

..never go back.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 14:40:49 »

When Caddis was interviewed about his contract extension he sounded as enthusiastic as Paul Hart.

Not that, that means he wasn't or wanted out but he definitely didnt come across as thrilled at the time.

For years we wanted a manager who was tough on players, particularly after Wilson. We get one and then he's too tough and it's all linked to politics.

Lets not completely over look the fact he has the best win % ratio...
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 14:43:02 by DV Canio » Logged
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 14:47:17 »

This again, really?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #163 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 14:48:53 »

When Caddis was interviewed about his contract extension he sounded as enthusiastic as Paul Hart.

Not that, that means he wasn't or wanted out but he definitely didnt come across as thrilled at the time.

For years we wanted a manager who was tough on players, particularly after Wilson. We get one and then he's too tough and it's all linked to politics.

Lets not completely over look the fact he has the best win % ratio...

I was looking for this interview earlier but I can't find it. Caddis was definitely not thrilled to be kept on another year.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 14:50:01 »

He didnt sound thrilled but then scots never do, do they?

Well apart from Simon Ferry
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: