Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 ... 54   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Winter Cricket Thread  (Read 87757 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #600 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 09:28:06 »

Shall I drag up my points about Pietersen gain? Hussain just berated him for changing his technique in each game (Today he was standing outside leg for everything).

As Leefer said. If we dont get some runs, we could be in trouble!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #601 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 09:28:27 »

Getting bad vibes about this.

Swing that Willow!
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #602 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 09:49:35 »

Shall I drag up my points about Pietersen gain? Hussain just berated him for changing his technique in each game (Today he was standing outside leg for everything).

You could but KP's obviously an aquired taste. The facts are that he averages nearly 50 though so deserves his place at number 4. Think you must be the only person in the world who thinks he should bat at 7, although I respect your qualifications obviously.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #603 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 10:54:58 »

As Leefer said. If we dont get some runs, we could be in trouble!

Agreee with Leefer

By all means comment on KPs technique but why gloat because the player is berated?

Nas was actually the captain who started taking tours out east seriously and who laid the foundations for the serious success that followed and who gets a lot less credit than those who followed

He wasn't actually a great batsman at test level however and with a little more humility (and that includes you) could learn rather than lecture from watching KP
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #604 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 11:28:21 »

You could but KP's obviously an aquired taste. The facts are that he averages nearly 50 though so deserves his place at number 4. Think you must be the only person in the world who thinks he should bat at 7, although I respect your qualifications obviously.
I want KP to bat at 4 in the way that he did earlier in the series - He applied himself well and was phenomenal. I don't know what the hell he was trying to do today (And I'm not just talking about the ball he got out to, but his whole approach today. I thought it was a little odd from ball one where he took his guard and you could clearly see all 3 wickets and a bit!)

Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #605 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 11:41:05 »

He's unorthodox, you should learn to live with it. Sometimes his methods work, sometimes they don't. He's still averaging more than you and Nas put together so no doubt he would question who's right. You have suggested he's our worst batsman and is only a biffer. Both statements are clearly bollocks!
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #606 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 12:55:36 »

He's unorthodox, you should learn to live with it. Sometimes his methods work, sometimes they don't. He's still averaging more than you and Nas put together so no doubt he would question who's right. You have suggested he's our worst batsman and is only a biffer. Both statements are clearly bollocks!
I don't think I've said that he is our worst batsman. I've given my opinion on who I would select and what order I would bat them and why. I've also stated why KP frustrates me. I think I was also glowing in my praise of KP's recent success too.

It is a true statement that KP's test average is far superior to mine. For some reason I've been overlooked by the selectors all these years. Maybe its because I'm not South African and can't biff the ball? Or maybe its because I'm not a professional cricketer and just an avid follower of the game.

Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #607 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 13:01:32 »

I don't understand the fascination with Pietersen. He has to be the worst batsman in the England team! Totally panicked in the first test. Can't play spin. No technique but can club the ball. Suggest that if he is picked it is in the number 6 or 7 position up

There you go. Fortunately Mr Flower and the selectors can see we're a better team for KP in it (and at 4) than out of it.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #608 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 13:50:45 »

There you go. Fortunately Mr Flower and the selectors can see we're a better team for KP in it (and at 4) than out of it.
I stand corrected. Maybe I should have worded that slightly differently:

I don't understand the fascination with Pietersen? He has to be the worst batsman in the England team at the moment! Totally panicked in the first test. Can't seem to play spin. No technique but can club the ball. Suggest that if he is going to persist in playing like that then he can only bepicked in the number 6 or 7 position.

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #609 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 13:58:07 »

I'd say Ian Bell is the worst batsman in the England team at the moment.

Things get better but they never get good
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #610 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 14:10:50 »

I'd say Ian Bell is the worst batsman in the England team at the moment.
Probably right....

Moving on though....

Good to see Bell and Trott move the score on a little and look fairly sound.

Strange old test this one. Don't think that the condition of the pitch has been conducive to a particularly entertaining game. As a game its really gone in fits and starts - From really boring to really exciting with nothing in-between.

Lets hope that the English batsmen can hang in there long enough to secure a draw.

I'm looking forward to seeing Root bat again. I'd heard lots but hadn't seen him play before. I thought that he looked an exciting talent in the first innings. I'm hoping that's not a one off.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #611 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 14:17:49 »

I shouldn't worry NMH, everyone gets things wrong. Bumble wanted Trott dropped after the first test and many, many shrewd judges wanted Cook dropped a few summers back before the Ashes down under.

The main thing I think is to pick horses for courses with batsmen. We do this with bowlers, picking two spinners when necessary (albeit sometimes not quickly enough) and using the bowlers that suit conditions. Why not do the same with batsmen? If there's one thing Bell has proved it's that he's bloody good outside of the subcontinent, but useless on it: why not just accept that and pick him for every other series.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #612 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 14:27:39 »

Swings and roundabouts for me,the Indians had some dodgy decisions in there innings.

They've had more go in India's favour than against during the series. Patel got a pair of bad decisions in the first test and Capt Cook has had a pair of shockers in this test.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #613 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 14:28:00 »

I shouldn't worry NMH, everyone gets things wrong. Bumble wanted Trott dropped after the first test and many, many shrewd judges wanted Cook dropped a few summers back before the Ashes down under.

The main thing I think is to pick horses for courses with batsmen. We do this with bowlers, picking two spinners when necessary (albeit sometimes not quickly enough) and using the bowlers that suit conditions. Why not do the same with batsmen? If there's one thing Bell has proved it's that he's bloody good outside of the subcontinent, but useless on it: why not just accept that and pick him for every other series.
Good shout.

The England management have been very loyal to their batsmen. But I'm glad that Bopara seems to have been given his last chance. Nice also to see the likes of Bairstow and Root seemingly moving ahead of Morgan (who I think can be devastating in 1 day matches). Interesting to see Kieswetter dropping behind Bairstow and Buttler in the 1 day scene too.

Cricket - Gotta love it!

TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #614 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 16:17:54 »

England in a good position here, if we can bat 2 sessions tomorrow and lead by 350 then it gives India a massive task to chase it in about 30 odd overs. I haven't seen the past 2 days play so I'm looking forward to seeing the highlights later on!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 ... 54   Go Up
Print
Jump to: