Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 54   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Winter Cricket Thread  (Read 88118 times)
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2012, 14:12:01 »

I'd go with FCB's team, are you out there watching the test still FCB?

I'm going for an England win here, momentum with us and all that!

I got back yesterday.  Had a brilliant time apart from India getting battered!

After Mumbai, I went and visited my dads two sisters in Gujarat who I hadnt seen for 20 years and did a bit of sightseeing.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2012, 20:22:05 »

Was it pricey to do? Next time England visit India I think I may have to go and watch (as well as trying for The Ashes away and doing the West Indies!)

#VivaKenBarlow!
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: Wednesday, December 5, 2012, 08:41:09 »

Was it pricey to do? Next time England visit India I think I may have to go and watch (as well as trying for The Ashes away and doing the West Indies!)

Fuck me you won the lottery Maj? I'll come.

We have to be happy with the start at tea, especially after losing the toss again! Need to get one of these early though, looks like they've come out on the attack.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: Wednesday, December 5, 2012, 10:49:02 »

I only went to to the Mumbai test.  So it was about £500 for a flight but then I stayed in decent hotels.  Match tickets are cheap.  A 5 day match ticket came to about £11.  Food and booze is all fairly resonable.   

The Windies will be cheap for match tickets, where as Aus will be more expensive purely becuase of demand.

Below is a link to a company who does overseas tours.  You will be able to make it cheaper by tailoring it to your own needs, but it will enable you to have a rough idea of whats what.

http://www.gulliverstravel.co.uk/cricket/ashes-series-2013-14
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: Wednesday, December 5, 2012, 11:15:59 »

Well, today went rather well.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: Wednesday, December 5, 2012, 15:10:50 »

Fuck me you won the lottery Maj? I'll come.

I wish Paolo, but if I do I'll keep in mind all the TEFs who comment on this and pay for the TE Barmy Army to go on tour!

Today went well, the bowlers bowled well and although Finn didn't take a wicket he looked more threatening and had more control than Broad has done in 2 tests!

I will have a look at that site FCB, cheers!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: Wednesday, December 5, 2012, 16:43:17 »

I wish Paolo, but if I do I'll keep in mind all the TEFs who comment on this and pay for the TE Barmy Army to go on tour!

Today went well, the bowlers bowled well and although Finn didn't take a wicket he looked more threatening and had more control than Broad has done in 2 tests!

I will have a look at that site FCB, cheers!

Cheers Maj, i'll hold you to that one! Given India's record at this ground the last 6 tests we have to be more than pleased with how well we bowled. Wrap up the tail as soon as and bat properly and we're in the box seat. It's an easy game on here!

Agree about Finn although not managed to actually see it with my own eyes. Broady looked out of sorts both tests, admittedly on not exactly conducive tracks but even so.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: Thursday, December 6, 2012, 04:36:06 »

316 all out, would have very definitely taken that at the toss.

Now for runs from Compo, Trott, Bell and Samit to really get us looking good.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: Thursday, December 6, 2012, 09:02:50 »

England 146/0, showing what an opening partnership can do when they don't run eachother out.

After a very slow start, Compton has reached a maiden 50 and Cook is on the cusp of a fifth century in five games since becoming captain. What a man: his average has crept over 50 for the first time (since debut anyway) as well.
DMR

« Reply #489 on: Thursday, December 6, 2012, 09:21:22 »

Great knock from Compton. I love him a litte bit. Shame he didnt go on, but time for the middle order to step up.

As for Cook... words fail me (in a good way)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: Thursday, December 6, 2012, 09:26:07 »

Pretty sure if you cut Compton up he'd bleed grit.
kerry red

« Reply #491 on: Thursday, December 6, 2012, 10:41:56 »

Anyone know why they changed Calcutta to Kolkata?

Seems so similar as to not be worth the bother.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: Thursday, December 6, 2012, 11:03:22 »

Anyone know why they changed Calcutta to Kolkata?

Seems so similar as to not be worth the bother.

Kolkata was the original name. It was changed to Calcutta by the English when you ruled.  Same as Mumbai/Bombay and Chennai/Madras.
kerry red

« Reply #493 on: Thursday, December 6, 2012, 11:45:44 »

So much the same as Aqua Sulis = Bath

Damn that Empire!!
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: Thursday, December 6, 2012, 13:27:40 »

Chef! You truly are the man!

Was Compton's shot really as "stupid" as Boycott was making it out to be? Yes i know it may have knicked his glove on the way through too, despite Geoffrey initial stating that "a five year old could have given that out!"
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 54   Go Up
Print
Jump to: