Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 54   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Winter Cricket Thread  (Read 88114 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 18:06:15 »

not sure that Subbeteo would work very well but I was wondering why the commentators on Sky were all in the studio except for Athers, cheers for clarifying
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 18:15:09 »

not sure that Subbeteo would work very well but I was wondering why the commentators on Sky were all in the studio except for Athers, cheers for clarifying

Sky spent millions on securing the rights for all Tests/One day and T20's in India for the next 5 years a few months ago, then they have the audacity for another £500k to put a studio up.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 18:57:33 »

340-5 at stumps with a lead of 10, definitely take that!

setting my alarm for 5 tomorrow...

Could be all over by then Head Hurts

If we can be no more than one more down then we have a sniff.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 19:07:46 »

i'm an hour ahead, hope it won't be over by the start of play!
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Monday, November 19, 2012, 00:36:47 »

I think 3 seamers are a complete waste of time.  FWIW, I would want Finn and Monty, but that would involve taking a massive risk and leaving out Bresnan and Broad.

Inspite of whats happened over the last day and a half there is no way England will trust there batting enough to do that.

Agree with you FCB, Finn & Monty would be my choices to come in on the right pitch but the batting would have a longer tail than a Giraffe so it's play it safe or take a risk for the 2nd test match!

#VivaKenBarlow!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Monday, November 19, 2012, 04:07:13 »

Good morning all...

Fancy Cook and Prior to hit their double century and century respectively but think a collapse will follow
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Monday, November 19, 2012, 05:04:32 »

Good morning all...

Fancy Cook and Prior to hit their double century and century respectively but think a collapse will follow

Great job.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Monday, November 19, 2012, 05:06:05 »

arse
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Monday, November 19, 2012, 05:55:54 »

77 to win then.

my early morning optimism was clearly down to sleep deprivation.
red sheldon

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Monday, November 19, 2012, 06:47:16 »

this isn't going to last too long is it

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Monday, November 19, 2012, 07:28:23 »

Anyone for a post mortem?
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Monday, November 19, 2012, 07:45:35 »

Anyone for a post mortem?

I am preparing mine. As well as thinking up a second test preview where I will be posting on the TEF live from Mumbai.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Monday, November 19, 2012, 09:41:43 »

India 1 up so part of me delighted  Cheesy

England did well to get it to day 5 but the ease with which India knocked off the 90 odd showed this was still in reality a belter of a pitch.

I expect England to make the two changes for Mumbai.  Monty in for Bresnan and Bairstow in for Bell.  Monty will lend more control than Bresnan but on pitches that are in essence flat dont expect him or anyone to run through India with 6/30 or the like.

The potential top 6 just looks a tad brittle for me with Compton, Patel, Bairstow in it.  Those who failed in the first test, KP and Trott need to come to the party.

Not much recent history from matches at the Wankhede.  A test in Nov 11, finished in a thrilling tie with the West Indies.  It will be flat as per Ahmedabad with a fraction of turn.  Ahmedabad was a pretty good pitch on days 4 and 5 really, and turned at its most on days 1 and 2.

If England had half an eye on the rain they can forget that too.  When I look yesterday there was a 1% chance of rain over the 5 days, that is now down to 0%.   
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Monday, November 19, 2012, 10:15:00 »

No shock in the result, India outplayed England over the course of the test match although there are signs from that 2nd innings can bat a bit (certain players more so than others). Cook leading from the front always a good sign and I think he'll go on to be England's leading run scorer in the series. Would like to see Panesar and Finn play in the 2nd test. Bell out, likely Bairstow or potentially Morgan to come in for him.

#VivaKenBarlow!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Monday, November 19, 2012, 17:41:35 »

I have notice thar the BCCI have been making friends an influencing people.

I did read a month ago that they asked Sky for an extra £500k and the BBC £50k to be able to commentate from the stadium. Both initially refused, but a few weeks ago BBC came to some sort of agreement, and that is why TMS is on. Sky are commentating from West London from the picture feed.

Also noticed that no photos have appreared from the first test. On BBC this is the reason given :

We are using archive pictures for this Test because several photo agencies, including Getty Images, have been barred from the ground following a dispute with the Board of Control for Cricket in India, while other agencies have withdrawn their photographers in protest.

Looks like the money grabbers at the BCCI are trying to do what the Southampton chairman tried to do a few years ago. Time for a paper to do a Subbuteo themed photos again ?!!

At least we're going to stop giving the Indians money, from 2015.  Unfortunately we've commited to £1.1 billion of aid, up til then. TBF to the Indians, they did say they didn't want it, but the government, wrongly, thought it might lubricate a few arms deals.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 54   Go Up
Print
Jump to: