Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 54   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Winter Cricket Thread  (Read 87950 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 13:34:13 »

Sadly that didn't work. Got through for a second time, card declined as Nationwide detected unusual spending patterns- no shit, Ashes tickets don't go on sale every day. Think I'll take the hint as Trent Bridge has booted me to the back of the queue again.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 14:16:42 »

Not having much luck are you! Just admit it, you just like queuing don't you?!
red sheldon

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Saturday, October 20, 2012, 13:26:18 »

its men against boys watching Yorkshire in the Champions League T20 tournament, everyone else is chock full of internationals from around the world, Yorkshire have got their reserve team out almost.  Their best player from last year is starring for Sydney, no Bresnan or Bairstow, Sidebottom injured its painful to watch

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Saturday, October 20, 2012, 14:37:29 »

"The boys" are doing a pretty good job of defending this, despite Adil Rashid being a steaming pile of cack these days. Been thoroughly outspun by the latest Yorkshire Asian spin prodigy Azeem Rafiq (4-0-13-1) who, at the risk of repeating the mistakes made with Rashid, looks like he'll play for England one day. Hopefully not too soon.
red sheldon

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Saturday, October 20, 2012, 15:58:50 »

if you saw my football prediction you'd know I obviously know fuck all about either sport...

fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Tuesday, October 30, 2012, 11:04:16 »

Englands opening tour game in India got underway this morning.  Theres normally a few clues about the make up of the team for the first test in there.

India A 340/8
Finn has gone for a scan on a thigh injury.
Looks like they have gone with Compton to open with the new skipper.
Patel playing the role of the second spinner instead of Panesar.
No Bairstow, Root or Morgan.  So this suggests they could be looking at Prior/Patel at 6 and 7.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Tuesday, October 30, 2012, 11:53:22 »

I don't think Patel is significant less of a batsman than Morgan or Bairstow really, especially against spin. His fielding is wank and I don't think KP is much worse as a bowler mind.

Hope Finn is fine as I reckon he's the key for us after watching the ODIs last year.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Tuesday, October 30, 2012, 13:16:27 »

I'd like to see Panesar as the second spinner, but he offers fuck all with the bat. He took and looked more dangerous than Swann did in the UAE last year so I wouldn't be surprised if Swann gets dropped during the series if he's not taking wickets. I do like Patel and from the way he played spin in the t20 world cup he deserves a go. I think it's a toss up between him and Morgan for that no.6 spot and as he offers more with the ball it looks like they will be picking Patel. Saying that I would have liked to see Ian Bell go up top in one of these tour games before the series, as he is by far the most technical batsman we have IMO!

#VivaKenBarlow!
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Tuesday, October 30, 2012, 13:42:20 »

I'd like to see Panesar as the second spinner, but he offers fuck all with the bat. He took and looked more dangerous than Swann did in the UAE last year so I wouldn't be surprised if Swann gets dropped during the series if he's not taking wickets. I do like Patel and from the way he played spin in the t20 world cup he deserves a go. I think it's a toss up between him and Morgan for that no.6 spot and as he offers more with the ball it looks like they will be picking Patel. Saying that I would have liked to see Ian Bell go up top in one of these tour games before the series, as he is by far the most technical batsman we have IMO!

I'm with you on Panesar as a second more attacking option but it would need either Finn or Anderson to miss out as there is no way the selectors will pick Anderson, Finn and Panesar in the same team.

I think Bell is also due to miss one of the test matches for a childs birth.

Assuming everyone is fit I think the England team in the first test would be:

Cook, Compton, Trott, KP, Bell, Prior, Patel, Broad, Swann, Finn, Anderson
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Tuesday, October 30, 2012, 14:12:07 »

I don't think you'll be far wrong with that team FCB!

#VivaKenBarlow!
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Tuesday, October 30, 2012, 14:14:50 »

Meant to add, if Finn misses out through injury I would expect them to go with Bresnan.
DMR

« Reply #191 on: Tuesday, October 30, 2012, 14:21:39 »

Agree that FCB's side si the way they will go. Should back the top 6 and play Monty instead of Samit though.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Tuesday, October 30, 2012, 14:28:00 »

If anyone is planning on going to the Mumbai test match I will see you there!

I will hopefully be the one with an Indian flag with STFC on it ..... I should stick out  Cheesy
red sheldon

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Tuesday, October 30, 2012, 17:25:48 »

I would like them to go Bres for Patel at 7 and then swap Finn for Monty, as I think that Monty is the more attacking option, and Bresnan is still a solid number 7

STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Tuesday, October 30, 2012, 17:46:12 »

If anyone is planning on going to the Mumbai test match I will see you there!

I will hopefully be the one with an Indian flag with STFC on it ..... I should stick out  Cheesy

I will see you there then, I was looking at getting a flag done but I think i have left it too late now.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 54   Go Up
Print
Jump to: